2012 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

Those contracts are brutal. In a coupe years they could be the reason he is fired.

Well... Top pair Dman and 1st line winger at 7,5M$... I've seen worse... WAAAAAY worse.

With all the free agents that have signed over the last couple of days I am pretty surprised that nobody signed Peter Mueller. Yes I know there is a major red flag concerning his health. But for a C/LW who is 6'2 200 pounds, 24 years old, and averaged more than half a point per game for his young career its pretty surprising. And add the fact he's also a former 8th overall pick who can be had for cheap, I think someone should have taken a chance by now. This is where you come in BERGEVIN, all though you only have 10 million in cap space left and have to resign Subban, Diaz, and Eller, you should be left with around 2.5 to 3 million after resigning those three and that would be more than enough to get muller in montreal. To me Muller is the perfect risk/reward kind of player he is exactly the kind of player the habs lack which is a top 6 (Big scoring forward). His cap hit last year was 2 million and he missed all of last year, and that means there is no chance he'll ask for a raise, but what he will ask for is an opportunity to prove people wrong and showcase his " talent once again. And what other place is better than montreal to do that. So please Bergevin ignore the concussion history because thats in the past (hes now healthy) take a flyer on this kid because i guarantee you he's out to prove the league wrong in a big way.

For those who want to see his stats here they are

NHL Totals 254 55 88 143 80

2003-04 USNTDP Under-18 Team NAHL 43 10 16 26 26 2004-05 USNTDP Under-18 Team NAHL 14 11 13 24 16 2005-06 Everett Silvertips WHL 52 26 32 58 44 4 15 7 6 13 10 2006-07 Everett Silvertips WHL 51 21 57 78 45 6 12 7 9 16 12 2007-08 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 81 22 32 54 32 -13 -- -- -- -- -- 2008-09 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 72 13 23 36 24 -7 -- -- -- -- -- 2009-10 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 54 4 13 17 8 -5 -- -- -- -- -- 2009-10 Colorado Avalanche NHL 15 9 11 20 8 4 -- -- -- -- -- 2011-12 Colorado Avalanche NHL 32 7 9 16 8 -3 -- -- -- -- --

You mean 28 assist 31 points. If he's playing third pairing, second PP he won't be averaging a half point a game.

Kaberle is capable of bigger numbers

We have yet to see what they will do this year

Is Markov healthy?

Is it Markov - Subban or Markov - Kaberle? while the first is more likely I wouldnt be 100% sure either

Kaberle is capable of bigger numbers

We have yet to see what they will do this year

Is Markov healthy?

Is it Markov - Subban or Markov - Kaberle? while the first is more likely I wouldnt be 100% sure either

Subban and Markov post like the same spot on the point for the pp no?

Subban and Markov post like the same spot on the point for the pp no?

So does Kaberle.

Someone is gonna have to learn to play the other side.

I think Markov can do it.

Yes we tried him there before and it didn't work, but two things with that

1) he needed to be on the LH side, to set up Kovalev on the RH side, and when we moved him to the right it took that away. We'll be looking at a different PP now, and don't need that same setup without Kovalev or Cammalleri taking the shot on the RH boards.

2) when he was moved, Tanguay was made the passer and Markov the shooter, changing not only his position, but his role. If he moves there and sets up PK it might work (of course this changes if its Kaberle on the other point, which is why I think PK-Markov is more likely, as I stated).

I don't see at all how the team places Kaberle on the PP1. He'll be on the PP2 where he could get points but not at a production rate of 40 points. If he's on that pace we trade him to the highest bidder at the deadline ASAP. Markov-Kaberle is a possibility but I think there will be expectations on Subban to play the PP2. Especially since that just sounds like a pass happy blueline.

Markov-Subban is the perfect PP pairing for the first core anyway. Perfect pass with the booming shot. I'd try out Kaberle - Emelin on the second pair since Emelin seems to have some hidden skills there.

I don't see at all how the team places Kaberle on the PP1. He'll be on the PP2 where he could get points but not at a production rate of 40 points. If he's on that pace we trade him to the highest bidder at the deadline ASAP. Markov-Kaberle is a possibility but I think there will be expectations on Subban to play the PP2. Especially since that just sounds like a pass happy blueline.

Markov-Subban is the perfect PP pairing for the first core anyway. Perfect pass with the booming shot. I'd try out Kaberle - Emelin on the second pair since Emelin seems to have some hidden skills there.

Thats probably the way they go, but we really don't know right now.

Either way you are paying for the skills he brings, and he brings the skill of a 45 pt dman if given the PP time.

I think they are keeping him until they know more about Markov's knee.

Thats probably the way they go, but we really don't know right now.

Either way you are paying for the skills he brings, and he brings the skill of a 45 pt dman if given the PP time.

I think they are keeping him until they know more about Markov's knee.

Of course we don't really know. Do you really have to mention that in July?

I'm banking on Markov being healthy. I'd love to see at least two more years of healthy Markov. I don't want to trade Kaberle because he's a back-up for Markov but if Kaberle is suddenly on his game and on fire, you deal him. He'll be clearly more valuable in a trade when we could replace him in UFA.

Which team will sign Shane Doan?

• Phoenix Coyotes:
    blue_bar.gif 17.53%
  • Winnipeg Jets:
    blue_bar.gif 16.70%
  • Toronto Maple Leafs:
    blue_bar.gif 16.00%
  • New York Rangers:
    blue_bar.gif 15.49%
  • Detroit Red Wings:
    blue_bar.gif 16.89%
  • Other:
    blue_bar.gif 17.37%

Very informative poll on nhl.com that i saw... it confirms that no one has a clue! what do people think about doan?

Chicago trades:

- Marc Bergevin

- Martin Lapointe

Montreal trades:

- Pierre Gauthier

TRADE... ACCEPTED?

(Gauthier to likely take over Lapointe's position as head pro scout in Chicago)

I suppose that it'd be too much to ask that Gauthier advocate trading for Gomez again?

Apparently it's role of player development. Wow. I am stunned. Flabbergasted, even.

It's actually Director of Player Personnel. Interestingly enough, that position wasn't around with the Habs in recent years until Scott Mellanby was hired earlier this offseason.

There were a couple of re-signings today too, Teddy Purcell gets 3 years and $13.5 million from Tampa while Chris Neil gets 3 years and $5.75 M from the Sens.