Draft Night, Round One

dlbalr

IF it is the player from Finland, not yet 18, yet he played v. men last year. For those who say he is small, at 5' 11" and 165 lbs at age 17, there is room to bulk up and maybe even pick up an inch or so. Draft day, love the intrigue.

He probably can bulk up some. I believe Cammandant said he wasn't very fast either. Not a combination you take at number 3.

Very good hands i believe is his strength.

IF it is the player from Finland, not yet 18, yet he played v. men last year. For those who say he is small, at 5' 11" and 165 lbs at age 17, there is room to bulk up and maybe even pick up an inch or so. Draft day, love the intrigue.

Teravainen's NHL Combine numbers.... 5’10.75″ 169 lbs

Eklund just wrote that he has heard and is confident Montreal is not targetting Teravanein.

He probably can bulk up some. I believe Cammandant said he wasn't very fast either. Not a combination you take at number 3.

Very good hands i believe is his strength.

He can skate.... and is a better skater every time I've seen him. Was above average last summer. Good at 5 nations. Very good at Under 18. This is why he keeps moving up, every time you see him he gets better.

Biggest strength is his intelligence. he's just a really smart hockey player, always open and finds teammates who are open.

My comparison was take Ales Hemsky and add Mike Cammalleri's one timers to him.

It Christmas day in June for us 3rd picking fans - I hope we don't trade the pick! After such a disastrous season - here's the payoff.

Pick well Habs :)

If an 18 year old defensive hungry GM wants to send us a top six forward under 21 for the third overall pick, trade away Bergevin. What I'm saying is, if Winnipeg wants to give us Evander Kane, see ya third overall :)

Kypreos claiming that Montreal is quietly shopping Subban.

If the is correct, then I look forward to seeing Stamkos, Malkin or some other bona-fide superstar MONSTER coming back our way. Or else I look forward to running over Bergevin repeatedly with my car on Rue Sainte Catherine. It's all good.

If the is correct, then I look forward to seeing Stamkos, Malkin or some other bona-fide superstar MONSTER coming back our way. Or else I look forward to running over Bergevin repeatedly with my car on Rue Sainte Catherine. It's all good.

Maybe Subban + 3rd OA for Malkin?

It's rather funny to see some guys, like François Gagnon, cheer leading for their favorite prospect, while they -- obviously -- have no idea what the other guys can do. Personally, the only one I have actually seen is Gregorenko, at the Quebec Colisėe. It was before Christmas and he had a very good game. Duclair looked very good too (fast), but he is not eligible this year. All of this to say that I am confident that Trevor Timmins will make a good choice. IMO, he has proven in the past that he knows his job... and I am quite sure that he has seen all the best prospects many times, in different situations.

Maybe Subban + 3rd OA for Malkin?

Why would Pittsburgh make that deal? I'll bet it's Jordan Staal coming back, not Malkin.

I'm just gonna put my hands in ears and go LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUU!!! for these Subban rumours, because I don't believe we will get his true value back. And if there's any truth to the rumours, they had better have nothing to do with Therrien's hate-on for the kid. Under absolutely no circumstances should we trade PK to please that sweaty mass of human mediocrity that is Therrien. PK will be kicking butt and taking names for many years after Therrien has been unceremoniously hurled onto the slag-heap of rejected habs coaches, as is his inevitable fate.

Why would Pittsburgh make that deal? I'll bet it's Jordan Staal coming back, not Malkin.

I'm just gonna put my hands in ears and go LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUU!!! for these Subban rumours, because I don't believe we will get his true value back. And if there's any truth to the rumours, they had better have nothing to do with Therrien's hate-on for the kid - under absolutely no circumstances should we trade PK to please that sweaty mass of human mediocrity that is Therrien. PK will be kicking butt and taking names for many years after Therrien has been unceremoniously canned, as is his inevitable fate.

Well they would make that deal because Subban is a gonna be a top dman and the pick will get them a suitable replacement for malkin, which they can slowly and carefully develop, because that would make Staal the 2nd line center after Crosby, who is their captain and superstar!

Well they would make that deal because Subban is a gonna be a top dman and the pick will get them a suitable replacement for malkin, which they can slowly and carefully develop, because that would make Staal the 2nd line center after Crosby, who is their captain and superstar!

All I can say is, if the Habs dealt away Malkin for that return, most of us would be fuming. Anyway, that's a scenario I can accept. I just don't believe it will come to pass. Like I say, the rumours from Pittsburgh have involved a Staal trade, not Malkin.

All I can say is, if the Habs dealt away Malkin for that return, most of us would be fuming. Anyway, that's a scenario I can accept. I just don't believe it will come to pass. Like I say, the rumours from Pittsburgh have involved a Staal trade, not Malkin.

Well honestly, if we trade our pick for Jordan Staal, I will be happy!

I hope we don't trade Subban.

Maguire and Button just discussed us moving up to grab number 2 if Yak falls to grab both him and Gally at 3.

I wonder if Columbus would trade the pick for one of our young d-men and perhaps next year 1st?

That is IF the Oilers draft Murray 1st overall.

I am so exicted right now

I dont think I have ever been this excited for a draft in my life.....the culmination of a terribly disapointing season...lets hope we dont ###### this up