2012-13 Habs Lineup: the Forwards

hankhab

Thought it would be interesting, with free agency beginning Sunday (I will be out on motorcycle all day weather permitting, so cell phone updates will have to do for the free agent frenzy day) to take a look at who we actually have in the lineup, and how that will change with free agency/trades during the summer. So, here goes for the forwards:

Patches-Desharnes-Cole

Gionta-Plekanics-Bourque

Leblanc-Eller-Palushaj

White-Gomez/Nokalinen-Geoffrion

Not overly intimidating yet, and a lot of work to be done. I could see us potentially trading one or more of the top 6, and adding a couple of bodies to the bottom 6 via free agency. We all hope Gomez isn't there by the start of the season, and ou could potentially put Galy there as well, but we will have to wait and see for that. Feel free to suggest and speculate upcoming moves.

Thought it would be interesting, with free agency beginning Sunday (I will be out on motorcycle all day weather permitting, so cell phone updates will have to do for the free agent frenzy day) to take a look at who we actually have in the lineup, and how that will change with free agency/trades during the summer. So, here goes for the forwards:

Patches-Desharnes-Cole

Gionta-Plekanics-Bourque

Leblanc-Eller-Palushaj

White-Gomez/Nokalinen-Geoffrion

Not overly intimidating yet, and a lot of work to be done. I could see us potentially trading one or more of the top 6, and adding a couple of bodies to the bottom 6 via free agency. We all hope Gomez isn't there by the start of the season, and ou could potentially put Galy there as well, but we will have to wait and see for that. Feel free to suggest and speculate upcoming moves.

Pacioretty-Stastney(Marleau)-Cole

Bourque-Desharnais-Gionta

Eller-Leblanc-Gallagher

Moan-the Finn-White

Marleau - Plek - Doan

Pacioretty - DD - Cole

Kostitsyn - Eller - LL

Moen - T.Mitchell - White

Geoffrion - Noke

MaxPac - Eller - DD

Gally - Pleks - Cole

Leblanc/Bourque - Plug - Gionta

Moen - plug - White

This is of course only possible if Gally has a HUGE camp and shows he clearly belongs in the 10 game limit, otherwise he should be back for another year of juniors.

I really want the habs to move DD to the wing and I'd also try to resign AK46 and play him with Pleks and Cole and in that case, if Gally does have a strong camp, i'd move him as the 3rd line centre with Gionta and Bourque.

Having said that i'd try REALLY hard to move Bourque and Kaberle, althought i think both would be tough to move. If Bourque ever does get hot during the season, i'd dump him before he goes to his usual lazy ass soft play.

Lost in the news of the Moen re-signing was the note that Brad Staubitz was informed that the Habs will not be making him a contract offer.

Not a biggie IMO.

Nor to Campoli whom Habs fans may owe a lot to one day if this years drafted players turn out as promised.

Took me awhile to figure out what you meant and then I was all like "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP SON!"

Took me awhile to figure out what you meant and then I was all like "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP SON!"

Maybe its the beer... but I still don't get it after awhile of thinking!

Maybe its the beer... but I still don't get it after awhile of thinking!

Campoli = the reason why we finished 3rd last.

Pacs DD Cole

Gionta Pleks Bourque

Prust Niko Armstrong

Moen Eller White

As I see it today. Still not a fan of the second line. Now if Bourque was to become Parise or even Jagr, I feel good. Then Rene is in and out of the lineup alternating with White.

I left Gomez out, a should the Habs.

Pacs DD Cole

Gionta Pleks Bourque

Prust Niko Armstrong

Moen Eller White

As I see it today. Still not a fan of the second line. Now if Bourque was to become Parise or even Jagr, I feel good. Then Rene is in and out of the lineup alternating with White.

I left Gomez out, a should the Habs.

Nokia couldn't stay in the lineup last season? I'm just wondering why you'd have developing Eller on the fourth and that warm body on the third. Really thats all i see Nokia as on the habs.

• Upvote 1

Pacioretty-DD-Cole

Moen-Plex-Gionta

Bourque-Eller-Prust

White-Nokia-Armstrong

I think if we don't find a top six forward.. Travis plays left wing with Plex & Gionta. He'll stand in front of the net, do the dirty work in the corners and protect his linemates.

Not the best option, but it leaves Bourque playing with Eller and that gives him a big shooter to set up and gives us more offense on the 3rd unit.

I hope we make a play for Evander Kane though.

And if he makes the squad, Gally could play on the left to start as well.

Pacioretty-DD-Cole

Gally-Plex-Gionta

Moen-Eller-Bourque

White-Prust-Armstrong

Edited by EMELINATOR

Patches-DD-Cole

Jagr-Pelx-Gionta

Moen-Eller-Bourque

Armstrong-Prust-White/Nok

Now thats a quality NHL lineup.

I'd love to see that.

Since Jagr ain't coming, I would go with this at forward:

Pacioretty / Desharnais / Cole

PLUG / Plekanec / Gionta

Bourque / Eller / Moen

Prust / White / Armstrong

Obviously a trade is in the works that will likely include Gomez/Weber and maybe picks/prospects for a LW. If that happens, then insert Geoffrion on the 3rd line.

Maybe the plug is Leblanc?

I think Leblanc and Palushaj need to spend the year in Hamilton. Geoffrion too. However, injuries may force MB's hand. What about signing Brian Rolston? He may still have something left...

Extra's in the press box would be Nokia and Blunden.

With 8 D currently under contract, a trade is definitely coming.