Colby Armstrong signs a 1 year deal

dlbalr

Yes, if healthy he is a good pick up for the bottom 6. Based on the biottom 6 make up right now it would not surprise me if Leblanc goes to Hamilton for a complete year.

This is a league in which dirty play is rewarded, and not having dirty players just means your own guys get clobbered while you can't reiprocate. I've long said that until the NHL finally decides it does not want to be indirectly responsible for players getting permanently crippled and imposes adequate suspensions for vicious hits, the Habs are stupid not to have a couple of dangerous players in their own lineup, just like 75% of our competitors.

I'm very disappointed we didn't sign Lats, but Armstrong is dirt-cheap, short-term, and boosts our bottom-6 depth. Hard to object to this deal. I just hope it's not all MB has up his sleeve.

Is he really a LW? That makes me like the signing better, if true.

Between Borque and Armstrong, we have two of the dirtiest SOBs around. Add Emelin's crushing hits into the mix, along with Cole and MaxPac powering their way through defences up front, whatever else we think of this configuration, Smurf time is over.

Is he really a LW? That makes me like the signing better, if true.

Between Borque and Armstrong, we have two of the dirtiest SOBs around. Add Emelin's crushing hits into the mix, along with Cole and MaxPac powering their way through defences up front, whatever else we think of this configuration, Smurf time is over.

Even if Emelin hasnt been playing dirty in a Habs jersey yet he still has a history so add him as well to the SOB list :D

OK, he can play LW. This signing makes more sense to me now. Useful write-up here:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.cgi?2526

In terms of Armstrong vs. Lats, it seems that MB went with the guy with character and with the more bad-ass nature. Both are injury-prone but only one is noted for 'leadership abilities.' I'll take it.

OK, he can play LW. This signing makes more sense to me now. Useful write-up here:

http://forecaster.th...player.cgi?2526

In terms of Armstrong vs. Lats, it seems that MB went with the guy with character and with the more bad-ass nature. Both are injury-prone but only one is noted for 'leadership abilities.' I'll take it.

Signing Lats would have been hoping to bring in a gamble top sixer due to his injuries. Signing Armstrong is bringing in a true bottom six player.

This might end up being the deal of the day! If he can play 60 games, you know Armstrong will have something to prove! Great third liner. We can complain about Prust's salary, but this is an awesome deal!

Terrible move

Yeah a player who is 29 and if healthy can score 10-15 goals, throw a bunch of borderline hits and get under oponents skin for less than twice league minimium thats a terrible move.

Come on how could this possibly end up bad?

• Upvote 1

Well, he should be a motivated player, if he cant stay healthy, career could be done before he is 30.

$1m is expendable in worst case.

I think this could be a big steal, low risk/possible high reward signing, i like it.

Again i say; Bergevin and co. deserve good marks for sure.

• Upvote 1