2012 Bulldogs Offseason Tracker

dlbalr

I wasn't sure if he signed a 1 or 2 year deal or if he renewed it, or what was up with the guy.

More an example of a type of player, than him specifically... the dominate jourmeyman AHL LW.

I am with you. here are plenty of guys out there who can fill that position.

I'd like to see a guy like Mark Bell or maybe offer another deal to Brock Trotter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Robert Slaney has committed to St. Francis Xavier University, part of the CIS. He is ineligible to play this season but will begin to play for them in 2013-14.

Might as well get an education.

I have read the article on the main site pertaining to elligible Habs. What is obvious for most of us is experience on the Bulldog roster or lack thereof. Brian Willsie is on a one month try-out across the pond. Remarkablely he lead the Bulldogs in scoring last year dispite his production being ridiculed by most. What would have to happen to get him back on the roster?

I have read the article on the main site pertaining to elligible Habs. What is obvious for most of us is experience on the Bulldog roster or lack thereof. Brian Willsie is on a one month try-out across the pond. Remarkablely he lead the Bulldogs in scoring last year dispite his production being ridiculed by most. What would have to happen to get him back on the roster?

His production deserved ridicule, he only showed up for the last month of the season pretty much. As one of the highest paid players in the league, it shouldn't have been asking too much for him to put up near a point-per-game production. He'd have to be cut by his Finnish team (the one month deal expires Saturday) and then signed to an AHL deal by the Bulldogs for him to be back. I really can't see that happening; if they do try and sign a veteran, Darche will continue to be the one they pursue on that end (they've had a standing two-way offer to him all summer).

I was thinking more about a Locke, Trotter type guy who could give you some offense to help when the young guys hit the wall. Darche might be valuable, but not likely to help in that regard. I think there is some loyality to Darche and they tried hard to put him in the best spot knowing perfectly well where we would be at at this time.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/news.htm?id=641686

21 players assigned to the Dogs.

Alexander Avtsin,

Alain Berger,

Michael Blunden,

Michaël Bournival,

Gabriel Dumont,

Brendan Gallagher,

Blake Geoffrion,

Patrick Holland,

Louis Leblanc,

Philippe Lefebvre,

Joonas Nattinen,

Steven Quailer

Ian Schultz;

Nathan Beaulieu,

Morgan Ellis,

Brendon Nash,

Greg Pateryn,

Joe Stejskal

Jarred Tinordi

Peter Delmas

Robert Mayer

Bulldogs sign Olivier Fortier, Daultan Leveille, and Stefan Chaput to 1 year, AHL contracts. Leveille was Atlanta's 1st round pick in 2008 while Chaput has bounced around a bit in 4 years in the AHL.

I am hoping somebody will tell us more about Chaput. I would think that this would leave precious little room for a try-out to be signed to play this year. Assuming that the alleged tryouts wind up at Bulldogs camp, we are probably looking for someone to stand out, with junior elligibility left.

I am hoping somebody will tell us more about Chaput. I would think that this would leave precious little room for a try-out to be signed to play this year. Assuming that the alleged tryouts wind up at Bulldogs camp, we are probably looking for someone to stand out, with junior elligibility left.

If I had to guess, the invites that were supposed to go to the Habs camp will not attend Hamilton's camp. As for Chaput, he's a career 4th/5th line AHL'er, nothing worth noting there. He adds some needed depth (which could allow a player like Berger or Lefebvre to go to the ECHL) but that's about it.

If I had to guess, the invites that were supposed to go to the Habs camp will not attend Hamilton's camp. As for Chaput, he's a career 4th/5th line AHL'er, nothing worth noting there. He adds some needed depth (which could allow a player like Berger or Lefebvre to go to the ECHL) but that's about it.

We know Fortier can help if he can stay healthy. The other guy Leveille was something in the mold of a Russ Courtnall wantabe if my memory serves me, just maybe his speed will help. Chaput offers? Where did he play last?

We know Fortier can help if he can stay healthy. The other guy Leveille was something in the mold of a Russ Courtnall wantabe if my memory serves me, just maybe his speed will help. Chaput offers? Where did he play last?

The book on Leveille appears to be that he can skate. That's about it. Still, it's a worthwhile gamble for a former 1st rounder. Chaput played 11 games with Providence last year; his best AHL campaign was in 09-10 with Albany (38 points in 75 games).

If I had to guess, the invites that were supposed to go to the Habs camp will not attend Hamilton's camp.

Well, I don't know but 3 of the 4 known invitees are CHL overagers (1992 born), I could see them been offered to come to Hamilton's camp since Habs rookie camp is cancelled.

The book on Leveille appears to be that he can skate. That's about it. Still, it's a worthwhile gamble for a former 1st rounder. Chaput played 11 games with Providence last year; his best AHL campaign was in 09-10 with Albany (38 points in 75 games).

Thanx Dlbair: Did eventually find his dossier. Reasonable size and a center. Looks like depth signing to me as you have alluded to. On defense,who do we send to Wheeling? Skejskal as one.

I was thinking more about a Locke, Trotter type guy who could give you some offense to help when the young guys hit the wall. Darche might be valuable, but not likely to help in that regard. I think there is some loyality to Darche and they tried hard to put him in the best spot knowing perfectly well where we would be at at this time.

Darche scores at a good pace in the AHL.

Off topic question but something that has been on my mind... considering how young Hamilton is this season.. and the influx of NHL talent into the AHL.. will this be another rough year for the Dogs? I mean yes we get Leblanc... but some teams are getting Skinner, Henrique, Eberle, RNH... the list goes on... will this hurt our guys development? Or will they thrive in the increased pressure? Just wondering what happened last lockout with this kind of thing or if there is even a comparable.

Considering we are signing St. Denis to an AHL deal, can we even afford another D

St. Denis

Nash

Stejskal

Hagel

Tinordi

Beaulieu

Ellis

Pateryn

I think so. Hagel's a #6/7 guy at best, it'll be Stejskal who likely is ECHL bound. If you're one injury away from having to call up your only extra, you can stand to have another depth guy down there on a two-way AHL deal. T.J. Fast is still unsigned, he'd be the perfect candidate.

Off topic question but something that has been on my mind... considering how young Hamilton is this season.. and the influx of NHL talent into the AHL.. will this be another rough year for the Dogs? I mean yes we get Leblanc... but some teams are getting Skinner, Henrique, Eberle, RNH... the list goes on... will this hurt our guys development? Or will they thrive in the increased pressure? Just wondering what happened last lockout with this kind of thing or if there is even a comparable.

Even before the lockout I was on record saying this team wasn't going to challenge for a playoff spot or if they did, it'd be the 8 seed. I think development wise, this will be a terrific year for all the incoming youngsters as the level of play will be better than usual. In terms of success though, they might be a bit better than last year overall but I still don't see this being a playoff team.