Sign in to follow this  
Commandant

Montreal Impact

In 2008 the Impact won the first ever Canadian Championship and were rewarded with a birth (berth) in the 2008-09 CONCACAF Champions League, originally the CONCACAF Champions Cup.

To tie it into HW nicely, Mitchell is also a writer on the site portion of HabsWorld (I'm actually proofing an article of his as I type this).

So the Impact couldn't win to save their life in MLS last year but somehow managed to make it through as the Canadian rep for the CONCACAF Champions League. Now, they're in the finals after winning a few rounds in that tournament...and they still can't win in MLS games. Weird.

Yesterday's game was crazy. Lost 4-2, but still managed to win because of the away goals.

Biggest game in Canada's history about to start. If Impact goes 0-0 or win the game, they will win the final.

If the games goes 1-1, there is gonna be overtime.

If America win or tie it 2-2 or any other higher tie game, they will take it.

Biggest game in Canada's history about to start.

I think that could be a stretch. The women's Olympic semi vs the US (and subsequent bronze medal game) in 2012 I think would trump this. That one was a national team fighting their arch rival for a shot at medal, this one is a club team playing some other club team for the right to get slaughtered by some international club teams. It's a big game, no doubt (and one they're about to lose badly by the looks of the score), but I don't think it's the biggest in Canada's history.

I think that could be a stretch. The women's Olympic semi vs the US (and subsequent bronze medal game) in 2012 I think would trump this. That one was a national team fighting their arch rival for a shot at medal, this one is a club team playing some other club team for the right to get slaughtered by some international club teams. It's a big game, no doubt (and one they're about to lose badly by the looks of the score), but I don't think it's the biggest in Canada's history.

Ok ok. Pro soccer biggest game... :)

Ahem... Didier Drogba...

Ahem... Didier Drogba...

I know next to nothing about soccer but I've heard of this guy. Using that sound logic, it's a good pick up for them. :)

It's like if Martin St. Louis was signing with the Zurich Lions.

Venagas coming in from Costa Rica.

Jack Mac is gone to Columbus as well.

Busy week.

Hat trick for Drogba !!!!

It's cool that they picked up Drogba, he's been one of my favourite players since I started following soccer about 8 years ago.

Still won't watch the MLS though.