Ahem... It's 2012 London Olympics Time...

JoeLassister

Here's the thing.... fouls, yellow cards, etc... lots of those were missed both ways. No doubt about that. But you can say that about nearly every match in the history of soccer.

What you can't do, is find me another match where this 6 second rule was enforced. Where an indirect free kick inside the penalty area was awarded. No one can find it. Not one analyst or journalist ever can recall such a call in a major competition or a big league game. What McLeod was doing was not unusual or different from what Solo was also doing, or from what tons of goalies do every single day. But somehow the ref choose to make this call, to favour a team losing by 1 goal, with 10 minutes left in an olympic semi-final.

RIDICULOUS

Couldn't agree with this post more.

Also to fanpuck's point about tancredi's hard fouls, I only got home in time two watch just before we went up 2-1 so I may have missed that play, but I think it's a bit hypocritical to not also mention how Wombach got away with virtually all of her chip shots and dirty hits and pushes. She was abusing the Cdn defence all day and I don't think she got called once.

The Canadians actually got booked for challenges the US team didn't get bookings for, some decisions went against the USA, but they were little decisions which didn't affect the outcome of the match, key decisions went in favour of the US but without those decisions, the US would more than likely have not won the game.

Right, because missing a red card and multiple potential second yellows on Tancredi didn't change the course of the game significantly. There's no way Canada competes in the game down a player. There was a lot of physical play both ways that went uncalled, but Tancredi was downright dirty. She shouldn't be allowed to play in the bronze medal game.

Right, because missing a red card and multiple potential second yellows on Tancredi didn't change the course of the game significantly. There's no way Canada competes in the game down a player. There was a lot of physical play both ways that went uncalled, but Tancredi was downright dirty. She shouldn't be allowed to play in the bronze medal game.

I'd agree assuming they were also going to penalize Wombach from the gold medal game because from what I saw she played just as dirty (if not more) than anyone else on the pitch, the referee excluded.

I'd agree assuming they were also going to penalize Wombach from the gold medal game because from what I saw she played just as dirty (if not more) than anyone else on the pitch, the referee excluded.

Give me a break. Tancredi was out there trying to injure people.

Give me a break. Tancredi was out there trying to injure people.

Really?

That is trying to injure an opponent (and subsequently the tackle that essentially ended Haalands career). What Tancredi was doing was on the same level of Wambach, both using their size and strength advantage.

Penalties and fouls are missed all the time in soccer... its the equivalent to arguing balls and strikes.

The controversial 6 second rule call is not the same.

In other Olympic news, Usain Bolt would like to try soccer, and is looking for a tryout at Manchester United in the Premier League.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/08/09/usain-bolt-manchester-united/

What Tancredi was doing was on the same level of Wambach, both using their size and strength advantage.

Size and strength having nothing to do with wreckless, late challenges or stepping on someone's face.

Penalties and fouls are missed all the time in soccer... its the equivalent to arguing balls and strikes.

The controversial 6 second rule call is not the same.

When red cards should be involved, that's nothing like arguing balls and strikes.

Size and strength having nothing to do with wreckless, late challenges or stepping on someone's face.

Guess it is ok then to deliberately leave a leg hanging to injure another player? Then again, Wambach is untouchable...

Late challenges are a part of football, always have been, always will be,

Fanpuck Wombach just doesn't want to you to win this debate. She just full on kicked a japanese player in the face.

Dirty dirty player.

Edit: Now in GIF form: http://twitpic.com/ahexox

And that's supposed to be comparable? You're going to risk getting kicked in the face when you bend over to waist level to head a ball.

And that's supposed to be comparable? You're going to risk getting kicked in the face when you bend over to waist level to head a ball.

When you fall on the ground, you might get stepped on.

Watch the full video, does Tancredi even look down and see the girl on the ground? I don't think she does.

I think I've never went from "mega happy" to "######ing dissapointed" that fast after seeing Canadian 4X100m being disqualified. Justyn Warner ran hell of a last 100m there... Was fun to watch.

Props to the Jamaicans though. World record and shit...

• 4 weeks later...

The Paralympics are on right now and boy was there a great story that came out of London today. Former racer (F1 and CART) Alex Zanardi, who was paralyzed in a 2001 crash, won gold today in paracycling at the age of 45. That deserves a :clap: .

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news/article/formula-one-driver-alex-zanardi-wins-gold.html