Pacioretty signs a 6-year extension

lazy26

I believe there was an avatar bet on Gomer playing this year. I believe that will be lost after this news.

Patches' raise doesn't kick in until after this year, so this signing shouldn't affect Gomez's place on the team this year..

Another sixer for a core member. Bergy is continuing to solidify things on that level. Doubt Subban goes that way, but still, very nice deal and a generous showing from Max. This guy could pot in 40 next year and would have been looking at a 5-6m per year deal instead.

this is probably the best signing Montreal has had in a LONG time!!! I can't remember the last time the habs actually signed someone to an affordable long term deal - or signed up a guy before they had to!!! I think this speaks a lot to Maxpac's desire to be a hab!! Love this kid!! Glad to see that after buying a MaxPac habs t-shirt during my trip to Montreal, he is actually going to be sticking around!

Now we just need to lock up Subban!

this is probably the best signing Montreal has had in a LONG time!!! I can't remember the last time the habs actually signed someone to an affordable long term deal - or signed up a guy before they had to!!! I think this speaks a lot to Maxpac's desire to be a hab!! Love this kid!! Glad to see that after buying a MaxPac habs t-shirt during my trip to Montreal, he is actually going to be sticking around!

Pac's signing is the kind of move that might/should help Subban to jump in MB's philosophy and maybe accept shorter term contract first. Buying the GM's plan.

Reports suggest that there is no NTC/NMC included in the contract.

This thing keeps getting better :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I loved reading that Patches was willing to risk a lower salary than market value to stay a Hab and to give the Habs the cap room required to win. That sort of thing has long been a mainstay in Vancouver and is a sign of a team whose players really believe in it.

It's really exciting to be able to imagine a future where elite young talent (Price, Patches, and hopefully PK) are all locked up for a similar length of time (6 years) - challenged, in effect, to grow together and win a Cup within that window, by an organization that has committed to them absoutely. It's a very different philosophy from the provisional attitude of the Gainey years - although, admittedly, these players do seem more like the real deal than those guys - and you can see the potential: a really strong team identity of guys who know they're in it for the long haul, and want to be.

I don't think I've ever felt so good about a Habs' contract in the cap era. Way to go, Bergy!

• Upvote 1

Gorges?

If Max is worth this and most would agree P.K. is likely more valuable, what should he be paid?

Tyler Myers $5.5 salary for 7 years would be a fair comparable eh?

Gorges?

Gorges should have been signed up earlier and not in his UFA year and pretty much got close to market value. He probably could have been signed a lot cheaper had that idiot gauthier signed him the previous summer. Even his agent said they could have signed him for a lot less - I'm guessing we could have had him for closer to $3M/year.

MaxPac's contract is brilliant when you compare it to Skinner's. yeah, Skinner is younger and a first round draft pick, but he also was coming off his 1st contract. Carolina only bought 2 of Skinner's UFA year's, while the habs bought 4 of MaxPac's UFA years and still paid $2M less despite the dreaded higher Montreal taxes.

If Max is worth this and most would agree P.K. is likely more valuable, what should he be paid?

Tyler Myers $5.5 salary for 7 years would be a fair comparable eh?

I thought Myers had signed on for a longer term, front loaded contract??? But yes, to Myers is the perfect comparable to Subban.

Gorges should have been signed up earlier and not in his UFA year and pretty much got close to market value. He probably could have been signed a lot cheaper had that idiot gauthier signed him the previous summer. Even his agent said they could have signed him for a lot less - I'm guessing we could have had him for closer to $3M/year.

MaxPac's contract is brilliant when you compare it to Skinner's. yeah, Skinner is younger and a first round draft pick, but he also was coming off his 1st contract. Carolina only bought 2 of Skinner's UFA year's, while the habs bought 4 of MaxPac's UFA years and still paid $2M less despite the dreaded higher Montreal taxes.

I thought Myers had signed on for a longer term, front loaded contract??? But yes, to Myers is the perfect comparable to Subban.

i think u are correct and Myers get/got 10mill at start, but i was just considering cap hiit/average salary or some comparable young d-man, but a $5.5 deal is one which Gomer might toss a wrench into anyways with his stupid salary?

And also maybe part reason for delay or low-ball offer?

Wow. This is an amazing deal. The Habs stood by Pacs in rough times and showed confidence in him to start the season. Pacs just showed he deserved it. Great player. Team guy.

Let's get PK signed now. (a Cba signing wouldn't hurt either).

Great to see Max locked up and even better we didn't really have to pay for what he might become, $4.5MM/yr for leading scorer who's gotten better year after year.

Tough not to feel good for a guy that stood up against the old boys club in Montreal and asked to go back to the minors cause he wanted to develop into a top 6 forward and then the whole Chara incident.

You can argue that Patches deserves $4.5 million now let alone his worth 4-5 years from now. I think this is a tremendous deal assuming he continues to work hard.