2012-13 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Hope he will be OK both physically and mentally once recovers.

Bournival also got caught with head down and was very glad he wasnt nurt also and that Tinordi stepped in.

Leblanc did skate today so hopefully he's only going to miss another couple of weeks which would help stem the tide. I noted in the ECHL thread that Fortier is off to a strong start, he'd be my choice for a recall if they go that route.

Leblanc did skate today so hopefully he's only going to miss another couple of weeks which would help stem the tide. I noted in the ECHL thread that Fortier is off to a strong start, he'd be my choice for a recall if they go that route.

'Chaput has been chipping in on a regular bases, but I don't think he brings anything close to Fortiers production. I wonder if Fortier has changed his role as a checker or we are still getting that as well. I really liked the second section of the Willis interview.

I figure this shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone but it appears highly likely that Geoffrion is out for the season. His father suggested to NHL.com that the timetable for him to fully recover is 8-10 months. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=645482

I don't know who all is out there in terms of forwards that could be signed to take his place (even if it's players on PTO's like Boyce) but I would think they have to do something to fill his roster spot sooner than later. Taking one of the top forwards off a team that has troubles scoring without finding some sort of replacement is a recipe for disaster.

I figure this shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone but it appears highly likely that Geoffrion is out for the season. His father suggested to NHL.com that the timetable for him to fully recover is 8-10 months. http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=645482

I don't know who all is out there in terms of forwards that could be signed to take his place (even if it's players on PTO's like Boyce) but I would think they have to do something to fill his roster spot sooner than later. Taking one of the top forwards off a team that has troubles scoring without finding some sort of replacement is a recipe for disaster.

I think our team is starting to fill into the arena right now for their 10 am. game. We should see how they are going to adjust in the short term. I am wondering if the AHL has any different rules than the NHL, when it comes to signing players from Europe? I am thinking that with the NHL signings over there, there has to be players pushed out of a job. I am talking specifically of the rule than demands a player to go through waivers if he started the season under contract in Europe. I have no one in particular in mind.

I think our team is starting to fill into the arena right now for their 10 am. game. We should see how they are going to adjust in the short term. I am wondering if the AHL has any different rules than the NHL, when it comes to signing players from Europe? I am thinking that with the NHL signings over there, there has to be players pushed out of a job. I am talking specifically of the rule than demands a player to go through waivers if he started the season under contract in Europe. I have no one in particular in mind.

I believe there are entry waivers in the AHL from the European leagues, similar to Europe to the NHL. I believe Daniel Corso was acquired that way years ago.

Speaking of the early game, Hamilton lost 4-1 to Rochester this morning. Hagel took Geoffrion's spot in the lineup while Stejskal replaced Nash who was I believe a healthy scratch. Goalie Scott Darling was signed to a PTO to take the place of Delmas who is hurt, he wound up playing as Mayer got chased in the 2nd.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010050

With Pateryn out long-term, the Bulldogs have signed Mike Commodore to a PTO according to the AHL's site. The club has not yet officially announced the signing.

Ex-NHL'r Mike Commodore?

Commodore could probably teach the kids a few things.

But whether all the things he teaches are Good, is another question? But looks like he has flip flopped between AHL-NHL for past 12-13 years, so maybe wont complain at all about riding the bus and will be just be happy playing and maybe looking at a possible coaching career down the road??

But whether all the things he teaches are Good, is another question? But looks like he has flip flopped between AHL-NHL for past 12-13 years, so maybe wont complain at all about riding the bus and will be just be happy playing and maybe looking at a possible coaching career down the road??

I wouldn't say he's flip-flopped between the NHL and AHL. Since the last lockout, he has played all of 11 games in the AHL and well over 400 in the NHL. From his point of view, this is probably an attempt to show to NHL GM's and scouts that when the lockout ends, he can still be an NHL defenceman.

Journeymen defencemen like Commodore make the best teachers.

Hal Gill is a much better "teacher" for young defencemen than many guys who have more talent than him.

These are guys who don't have the talent to recover from their mistakes and are forced to play a smart, fundamentally sound game as a result, and thats why they are good with the younger players.

Here we go again, rumblings about the Bulldogs potentially having to relocate after this season has surfaced as the OHL's Erie Otters have expressed an interest in moving to Copps next season. The Otters are expected to get the green light to negotiate a deal with Global Spectrum (Copps' management company) that could force the 'Dogs elsewhere.

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?15914

I wouldn't say he's flip-flopped between the NHL and AHL. Since the last lockout, he has played all of 11 games in the AHL and well over 400 in the NHL. From his point of view, this is probably an attempt to show to NHL GM's and scouts that when the lockout ends, he can still be an NHL defenceman.

you know his stats and he has played with both numerous AHL/NHL teams and has played 244 AHL games and 484 NHL ones, so how bout journeyman/borderline-NHLer.

Whatever he is, his experiance, he even earned a ring with Carolina i think?, should be good for the rookies.

Who will he likely displace, Corbin-Nash? Corbin has the best point-shot of the bunch and hasnt been too bad.

Who will he likely displace, Corbin-Nash? Corbin has the best point-shot of the bunch and hasnt been too bad.

Joe Stejskal would be my pick to lose his roster spot to Commodore once he gets in game shape. As for who he'd replace in the lineup, probably both of the ones you listed. Nash and Corbin have both been sat multiple times this year (Nash more than Corbin), I imagine those two would rotate in and out in the #6 spot.

Commodore is a good move. It takes pressure off a young defense. He certianly will replace the grit that we lost with the Pateryn injury. I hope we can extend him when his month runs out. Most of us here would like to see a similar move to get some scoring punch. Maybe it's time to see if Darche has changed his mind. Maybe Dlbair you could explain what options we might have when C,s PTO runs out,

Commodore is a good move. It takes pressure off a young defense. He certianly will replace the grit that we lost with the Pateryn injury. I hope we can extend him when his month runs out. Most of us here would like to see a similar move to get some scoring punch. Maybe it's time to see if Darche has changed his mind. Maybe Dlbair you could explain what options we might have when C,s PTO runs out,

Assuming he plays the 25 games, he would be eligible to sign one more PTO or could sign a minor league deal like Stortini/Hagel/Corbin. A player can only sign two PTO's with the same team.