2012-13 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Assuming he plays the 25 games, he would be eligible to sign one more PTO or could sign a minor league deal like Stortini/Hagel/Corbin. A player can only sign two PTO's with the same team.

I am guessing there is a reason he signed a PTO as opposed to a regular AHL contract. I just don't know if it is his choice or the teams choice. I am trying to surmise what logically would be the next move.

After Sunday they go to Abbotsford for a pair, so they pretty well have to have a full healthy roster before they leave even if means bring in extra bodies.

I am guessing there is a reason he signed a PTO as opposed to a regular AHL contract. I just don't know if it is his choice or the teams choice. I am trying to surmise what logically would be the next move.

After Sunday they go to Abbotsford for a pair, so they pretty well have to have a full healthy roster before they leave even if means bring in extra bodies.

I'd imagine that it was his preference. Like Boyce, Commodore's goal is to get an NHL look when the lockout ends, signing a deal like this is best.

Boyce has 10 more games until his first PTO is up. At that time, I suspect he'll sign a second one. The European option really isn't an option for him so it's AHL or sit at home and wait out the lockout.

As for Delmas, I've not yet heard anything about his situation. It doesn't help that I've missed the beginning of the last couple of games where it was probably noted.

Interesting enough is that Stejskal and Berger were sent the same day and only Stejskal appears in ECHL transactions. I thought then than maybe Berger had the same fate as Schultz. I went to Utah to find no Berger but a Colby Armstrong?

The HECFI board has decided to not pursue a bid from the OHL's Erie Otters to move into Copps Coliseum. Provided that Andlauer and the Bulldogs can negotiate a new lease agreement (the current one expires this year), they will remain in Hamilton.

Just curious - is Commodore a guy that could conceivably interest the Habs' brass for the big club, if he plays well in Hamilton? Do you see him adding anything to our existing NHL blueline?

Just curious - is Commodore a guy that could conceivably interest the Habs' brass for the big club, if he plays well in Hamilton? Do you see him adding anything to our existing NHL blueline?

IF he can regain past form, yes... he's the big, tough, rugged defensive defenceman that this team lacks in their bottom pairings.

However, he's seemed to have lost a step in the previous 2-3 years. Maybe 2 or 3 steps and did not look NHL caliber in Columbus, Detroit, etc.... So what are the chances he can reach that level again. Yes he's only 33, but I've always said about these types of defencemen who block a lot of shots and throw a lot of hits that they are like NFL running backs. Their bodies take an incredible pounding in their careers, a huge number of nicks, bumps, bruises from all the hits and shot blocks and when things go downhill for them, they go downhill FAST. Much faster than say a guy like Nick Lidstrom or Scott Niedermayer who can play a different style much later in their careers and don't have quite the same level of physical punishment. So I doubt that Commodore can ever recover that "lost step"

Four Hamilton games have been added to Sportsnet this month:

Dec. 21 vs St. John's (7:30 PM EST)

Dec. 22 vs San Antonio (7:00 PM EST)

Dec. 26* at Toronto (1:00 PM EST)

Dec. 28 vs St. John's (7:30 PM EST)

* game only available on Sportsnet One. Also worth noting, that's the only Joe Bowen-called game so 3 of the 4 games will actually involve commentary about the Bulldogs.

Aaron Palushaj is out 4-6 weeks (shoulder), so thats what made room for Fortier

That's a bit surprising, I'm pretty sure he came back in the game Tuesday night (I think he was hurt in the 1st or 2nd). I wonder if they'll now have to move Leblanc into an offensive role (he plays on the checking line with very minimal PP time). I get that they're trying to groom him for a checking role but with the injury situation, something's gotta give.

Well, Fortier should be pretty motivated and good to see him called up and while bad for Palushaj, will mean more icetime for rookies and maybe good in long run and for Lefebvre's toss em in the deep end style so far?

And i dont think Chicago is a strong team, so could be a 3rd win in a row??

It appears Jarred Tinordi's leadership skills really touched one WJC-bound player:

This morning, when I found out I would be an assistant, Jarred (Tinordi) was the first person that popped into my head. He was an assistant with the American team last year. Jarred is the perfect example of a leader. I was so fortunate to play with him the last two years. I learned so much from him every day, just the way he carries himself, his intensity and the way he competes and the way he puts others before him. There are so many great things I can take from him. Over the next couple days, I’ll have to think of the things I can hopefully bring to the team and there are some positive things that he brought to our team that really helped me and other players. I was fortunate to have him as the leader in London for two years and I think first and foremost I will try to model my leadership after him.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kbmrhh

Scott Harrington was Tinordi's teammate in London for the past two years, that's some high praise for sure.

Four Hamilton games have been added to Sportsnet this month:

Dec. 21 vs St. John's (7:30 PM EST)

Dec. 22 vs San Antonio (7:00 PM EST)

Dec. 26* at Toronto (1:00 PM EST)

Dec. 28 vs St. John's (7:30 PM EST)

* game only available on Sportsnet One. Also worth noting, that's the only Joe Bowen-called game so 3 of the 4 games will actually involve commentary about the Bulldogs.

Just a reminder that 'TV week' for Hamilton kicks off tomorrow. TVA Sports also has all of these games (and is on free preview for Bell TV and Shaw Direct that I know of until January 13th).

I just read on ECHL transactions that Cody Wild has been sent to Hamilton. Who is hurt?

I didn't catch a lot of the last game so I'm not sure if anyone got hurt. Commodore's groin was acting up last week, perhaps he re-aggravated it in Peoria in his first game back? It's a PTO so it's probably short-term.

So, catching up the games from when HW was offline:

Bulldogs can't score, lose 2-1 to St. John's;

Bulldogs can't score, lose 5-2 to San Antonio (who was tied for last in the AHL with Hamilton).

I think that about covers it.

Going to the bulldogs game tomorrow vs the Marlies, can't wait to see some actual hockey! I'll post some thoughts when I get home.

It's a Sportsnet game so I fear this one greatly. Hamilton has been thoroughly dominated and outclassed the two games they've faced the Marlies on Sportsnet (but have played well against them in other games). On the plus side, you won't be subjected to Joe Bowen's butchering of Hamilton players' names. Enjoy the game!