2012-13 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Cedric Dejardins is on waivers.

Alain Berger is also on $125 waivers like dlbalr expected.

It's strange that St-Denis also didn't get waived although I guess they want to keep him around for Thursday's scrimmage. (Palushaj can't be waived yet since he's hurt.)

The team also signed forward Tyler Murovich to a PTO. With 5 guys going up for the scrimmage game, I'm sure he won't be the last to be signed.

Expect the team to announce today that Ian Schultz has been recalled from Utah of the ECHL. It likely won't be be the only move they make today either with the team set to head to Abbotsford for two games and the recalls of Leblanc, Bournival, Holland, and Blunden have all been registered. By my count, the team has 10 healthy forwards, 5 healthy d-men, and (for a few more hours at least), just one goalie.

Hamilton signs forward Riley Armstrong (brother of Habs' forward Colby) and defenceman Mark Isherwood to PTO's. Both have played in Utah this season. If Pateryn is ready to go, they could go with 11 F and 7 D to fill the roster.

G Cedrick Desjardins cleared waivers this afternoon and should be reinstated onto the Bulldogs' roster today.

I finally got some information on Joonas Nattinen's upper body injury. As miklin pointed out a while back, it is a shoulder issue and he is likely out for the season (although there is hope that if he heals quicker than expected that he may be back for the final few contests).

good article in thespec.com by Scott Radley about the situation

Did Wilson have any particular assignment with the Dogs, like responsible for defense, offense or special teams? Maybe they already have a replacement in mind?

I believe he was in charge of the forwards, Lefebvre will take over those duties now. No replacement will be hired (it's common for AHL teams to only have one assistant behind the bench).

Gabriel Dumont has been named to the Western Conference All-Star team replacing...Brendan Gallagher. That suggests that Gallagher will be staying up for another week at the very least.

Wilkes-Barre signed a couple of NHL vets yesterday. It would be nice if MB would see fit to give Hamilton a lift. I don't think Darche was signed after his try-out, maybe he would have a change of heart. I would like to see some of the leprechauns sent back to Wheeling.

Wilkes-Barre signed a couple of NHL vets yesterday. It would be nice if MB would see fit to give Hamilton a lift. I don't think Darche was signed after his try-out, maybe he would have a change of heart. I would like to see some of the leprechauns sent back to Wheeling.

I think they're still hoping to sign Darche. Matteau is someone I don't see sticking with them past 5 games, they may turn around and add Darche to the roster then. Besides, Darche has said many times he will retire before playing in the AHL.

I just say Darche because that is one I know of. We would be looking for players (centers?) with some size who have NHL experience, who have some success in the AHL and are still looking for a place to play. There have to borderline players that thought they could hook on to an NHL contract after the lockout, but haven't been successful in that regard as of yet.. They didn't all go to Europe.

With Hamilton now passing the midpoint of the season, it's time for the mid-term report cards.

Forwards: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2986

Defence/Goalies: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2983

Here's hoping that by end of the year, there are some much better performances as giving lots of C's and D's isn't fun.

Joey Tenute was signed to an AHL contract today (was on a PTO previously)

Michael Blunden was sent back to Hamilton today. I wonder if that will be the end of Tyler Murovich then.

The above has once again happened. I still ponder what will happen with Murovich; to be honest I'm a little surprised he's still around.

A mind-numbing stat I came across while putting together the HW Recap: The Bulldogs have a whopping 5 players outside the top 1,000 in AHL plus/minus (Holland and Stortini up front, Ellis, DeSantis, and Beaulieu on defence). To make matters worse, they also have the player ranked precisely 1,000th overall (Corbin).

that is bad! Really makes it painful that have we nine home games this month.Wonder how well attended the game will be at the Bell Centre considering the team's performance? Are the tickets being heavily discounted?. Speaking of discounts, I've noticed the local Fortinos Grocery stores have Dogs tickets available for ten bucks

Palushaj cleared to play per his tweet