2012-13 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Another day, another signing. Hamilton signs defenceman Matt Grassi to an ATO. He just finished up his college career at Michigan State. Good size (6'4, 220) although he won't bring much in the way of offence (3 goals in 121 games). He won't be joining the team on this road trip though.

and Dumont and Tinordi are on VIA heading back to Hamilton :clap:

JMO but Ouellet goes from #2 scorer on an ECHL team to being a utility, penalty killer, 4th liner on a bad AHL team. Audition was way too short

JMO but Ouellet goes from #2 scorer on an ECHL team to being a utility, penalty killer, 4th liner on a bad AHL team. Audition was way too short

His release doesn't surprise me at all, I said at the time he wasn't going to be there long. Olivier Archambault will get his spot on the roster and since he's someone who presently is part of the organization, he gets the priority. Plus with Dumont coming back (and perhaps Blunden sooner than later), there isn't a ton of room for the tryout guys that aren't Montreal property. If Belzile wasn't playing as well as he has so far, I'd say his days would soon be numbered although he has earned a longer look.

His release doesn't surprise me at all, I said at the time he wasn't going to be there long. Olivier Archambault will get his spot on the roster and since he's someone who presently is part of the organization, he gets the priority. Plus with Dumont coming back (and perhaps Blunden sooner than later), there isn't a ton of room for the tryout guys that aren't Montreal property. If Belzile wasn't playing as well as he has so far, I'd say his days would soon be numbered although he has earned a longer look.

Where do the 4-5 Wheeling players go. They are all still under contract. Delmas?

Where do the 4-5 Wheeling players go. They are all still under contract. Delmas?

I'd imagine Delmas will be called up while players like Lefebvre and Chaput, who were with Wheeling, will likely find themselves benched with the Bulldogs for most of the stretch run. Maybe Chaput gets loaned to another AHL team needing depth but I wouldn't count on it.

Season is over for Charles Hudon unless he can sqeeze in to play for the the Dogs.

Not a long stunt for the Sags but Hudon 5 goals 5 assist in 6 games is good.

Anthony Duclair from Quebec Remparts should get a look from our scouts,

he should slip around the third round given the fact that he missed games

but he is bulking in size, faster, good defensively and still a point a game player.

It appears to me that MB is just backfilling the rest of the season, you could argue much like he did with the rest of season. Are we in line for any of the top college free agents, or is that just a pipedream?

It appears to me that MB is just backfilling the rest of the season, you could argue much like he did with the rest of season. Are we in line for any of the top college free agents, or is that just a pipedream?

There's no way to tell either way. At this point, prospects are getting the priority but there are enough deadweight guys to sit should a college FA or two sign.

Speaking of prospects, Hudon is Hamilton-bound. Collberg apparently has also been asked to suit up for the Bulldogs down the stretch. Assuming Kristo makes it down there as well, that is going to be quite the talent infusion for them.

Collberg link: http://www.hockeysverige.se/mobile/article/14292458/collberg-pa-vag-till-nordamerika

Adam Ross, Wheeling D man, signed by Hamiton per AHL transactions (must be getting really close to player 50 for the season)

who is Adam Ross that was just signed by Hamilton????????????

A d-man from Wheeling. Their season is done so he gets a look I suppose. With DeSantis gone indefinitely and Grassi released, blueline depth is pretty thin.

Dumont on his way back to Montreal Thursday morning :surrender:

According to M-A Godin, the Habs are trying to get Magnus Nygren over to play the final few games. (For those wondering, neither Hudon nor Collberg have officially signed with Hamilton yet.)

Nygren's team will most likely miss the finals since they are down 3-1 in games (best of seven) but chances are he rather wants to play the World Championships which might not be such a bad idea.

Nygren's team will most likely miss the finals since they are down 3-1 in games (best of seven) but chances are he rather wants to play the World Championships which might not be such a bad idea.

That would be my preference as well, it would really be a good test for him. Although he could play in Hamilton and then play in the Worlds, there's still a couple of weeks between the end of the AHL year and the tournament. I'd like to see him signed before then though either way.

The trade/loan deadline is tomorrow at 3 PM EST. Although this usually comes with very few moves made, I'm hoping Hamilton finds a way to loan out Nokelainen (I hate that a legit prospect in Vail has to sit so he can play) and ideally Mayer too although the odds of that are slim to nil given Lefebvre's irrational faith in him. For anyone wondering, anyone under contract to Montreal that gets loaned out by Hamilton would still be property of the Habs and available to be recalled at any time.

Also, although it was reported by some on Sunday that Collberg had signed, the deal has not yet been registered with the league.

Hamilton didn't make any loans before the trade deadline. There were a few moves made; of note, former Hab prospect Brendon Nash got sent to Charlotte (Carolina's affiliate).

Reports out of Sweden suggested the Habs and Farjestad have reached an agreement to allow Magnus Nygren to finish the season in Hamilton. But Nygren later tweeted that Farjestad nixed the deal at the last second.

Nygren is not coming. From what I have read this morning, this is just off of blogs so I can't substanciate, that the Canadiens themselves elected to shut this down because with only six games left it didn't warrant the effort. DAH! Three games are this weekend so you would be down to three games by the time you got him over here and ready to go. DAH!

Yeah, now it's sounding like an insurance thing (which would take a bit of time and effort since he's under contract for next season), one would think that would have came up prior to telling Nygren he's free to go play for the Bulldogs.

ex Dog Brendon Nash loaned by San Antonio to the Charlotte Checkers on Thursday past. (Remains property of Florida Panthers)