Jan. 19, Toronto vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

2 periods and you want him fired, way to give him a chance.

actually never wanted him back. Still have lousy memories of Gilmour trying to restrain him during his first stint.

Kaberle - two flub ups at the point. This PP looks horrible

looks likewe are going to get shutout by a minor league goalie, who the toronto media will build up to be Johnny Bower tomorrow.

finally some late pressure on the PP!

This team needs Subban, yet some suggest trading him. I guess everyone's got an opinion.

That would be as bad as the Roy or Chelios trade.

Finally!

We will see some exciting hockey.

I think its a combinition of he usual too little too late and the leafs sitting back.

This team needs Subban, yet some suggest trading him. I guess everyone's got an opinion.

we finished 15th last year with him . we couldn't score then and we can't score now. Get somebody who can score. I loved PK but he don't want to be here nad don't want to be a team player. He is very entertaining but delivering pizza's while we lose is nonsense.

actually never wanted him back. Still have lousy memories of Gilmour trying to restrain him during his first stint.

So you are perfect? What did they do to the last guy who was perfect?

this was just exactly like last year and I for one am kinda fed up with this team being so bad for so long. Tomorrow I wiull feel better (maybe)

So, thoughts on Galchenyuk's debut? He played just over 13 minutes (was dropped to the 3rd line in the 3rd for Bourque) with a couple of shots and a takeaway. His early wrister was his highlight of the night but he looked alright overall.

One positive from tonight was faceoff play. The Habs were 62% overall on the night and no one was below 50%.

Game stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/ES020005.HTM

we finished 15th last year with him . we couldn't score then and we can't score now. Get somebody who can score. I loved PK but he don't want to be here nad don't want to be a team player. He is very entertaining but delivering pizza's while we lose is nonsense.

So you are perfect? What did they do to the last guy who was perfect?

Doesn't want to be here? He wants a long term deal, many years. C'mon, you're making us look bad.

Doesn't want to be here? He wants a long term deal, many years. C'mon, you're making us look bad.

I"m making us look bad? 7 goals 26 assists is worth 6 mill per year for 5- 8 years for a guy who played 2 years? To be blunt either he or his agent have to get their head out their a$$. He is counting on his popularity and he is holding the Habs up over popularity not results. He should be just as ashamed as the rest of the team from last year. He should sign a reasonable contract and show the fans he wants to be here. Yes he will be a great player (I believe ) i could be wrong. What I am not wrong about is that he is putting himself above the team, he believes we cant't live without him. I say bs, no one player is bigger than the team. I have always been a Subban supporter but he is fast losing support. Make a deal or get the hell out.We need goals and we need them NOW. If that is me making us look bad so be it. :habslogo:

No penetration, no link-up play, no gap presence whatsoever. A game of Gomezian standards. Typical dealings with youth, as well. Kid has a long shift because he sees an opportunity to support the attack (God forbid) and is dropped to the third line thereafter. I know you need to work kids into the game, but he was the slickest Hab skater out there and did no worse than the Cole's and Patches's. Our two best defenders were Russian and we were sorely - oh so sorely - missing the one major linking ingredient that would have taken this game from a D to a C; this is a major, major strategic error from management. When Markov was on, at least there was some semblance of an attempt at cohesive attack, but otherwise, the attackers did a lot of skating into the mystic.

The best one can say about tonight is that Emelin can still dish out the Gulag Hammer and will probably be up with the league leaders in hits, and Price, while not super-sharp, was still easily the best, and critically the most *composed,* Canadien out there.

Dull game to watch. Made one pine for a longer lockout.

• Upvote 1

habs rule....that's all nice, but it's just not the reality in pro sports in 2013. It's not even the reality of the 90's. At this point, Subban might be our best player, besides our goalie. There's about 25 reasons why he should be signed as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

habs rule....that's all nice, but it's just not the reality in pro sports in 2013. It's not even the reality of the 90's. At this point, Subban might be our best player, besides our goalie. There's about 25 reasons why he should be signed as soon as possible.

I don't get the whole love for the bridging contract with a guy like Subban. I get the whole UFA/RFA contractual differences. But seriously, does anyone here really think Subban should be making less money then Kaberle, Gorges, Prust or Bourque?

I also get the concern he may become lazy, or let the money get to his head. But seriously, given his personality, I don't see that. This isn't Ribeiro or Fatendresse we are talking about here. The guy is committed to fitness, loves the habs and the city.

Yes he could get injured, but then he is insured. How has Savard's or Pronger's injuries crippled the Bruins or Philly??? hell the Bruins won a cup while paying Savard.

The guy wants a long-term deal. sign him for 8 years at 5.5M. yes you are over-paying him this year, possibly next year, but this is a guy who in 3 years time will be commending $6M and in 4 or 5 years $7M+. After next year the cap is going to keep going up and so will salaries.

Hell Zajac got $5.75M. Would anyone here actually take Zajac over Subban???

• Upvote 1

We lost the game with all our penalties. Seems Therrien missed the memo that Montreal took to many penalties last year :P

A lot of work to do with this group, but the end of the game showed there is some promise.

Yes, let's panic and throw money at PK, which moves us to 14th in the east with little cap room left next year.

You can't judge the team on the first game after a lockout and a one week camp. The leafs sucked too, they just had a couple more kids in the lineup who were in the AHL and score two pp goals.

This team is projected to be 13th in the east (with PK in). People need to be realistic and give the coach, GM, and kids time to work.

At what cost? Any cost?