Depressing. Cap space...

brobin

I like his UFA list.

Getzlaf: Wouldn't sign in Anaheim because he wants to get highest possible offer on the free market

Perry: Wouldn't sign in Anaheim because he wants to get highest possible offer on the free market

Iginla: Nearing retirement

Clowe: Already doing a good job proving he's just another winger that Joe Thornton made to look good

Horton: Got his Cup ring, doesn't like Montreal, will either re-sign in Boston or cash in elsewhere

Pretty much nobody on that list would sign for under $5M either.

I doubt if anyone on this list would be interested in coming to the habs. I've also read that Getzlaf loves living in California,and his preference would be to stay there - this was before the kings picked up Carter, which probably would have been the best option.

I like his UFA list.

Getzlaf: Wouldn't sign in Anaheim because he wants to get highest possible offer on the free market

Perry: Wouldn't sign in Anaheim because he wants to get highest possible offer on the free market

Clowe: Already doing a good job proving he's just another winger that Joe Thornton made to look good

Horton: Got his Cup ring, doesn't like Montreal, will either re-sign in Boston or cash in elsewhere

Oh look, I think you would be a great customer for the CSWC bracelets.

LOL...you can send one to me.

I stand by my comments...and fwiw the UFA's I mentioned I just pulled from a "top upcoming FA's list"...

I like his UFA list.

So clearing out Gomez, Gionta and Cole's salaries and signing say a Getzlaf and Horton wouldn't be an upgrade??

And the whole point of clearing those salaries was to upgrade them...not saying I don't like Gionta and Cole but they're probably the best assets to acquire the extra draft picks I mentioned.

As for some of these guys not wanting to sign here...just idle speculation.

Thanks to dlbalr for the update on those already extended.

So clearing out Gomez, Gionta and Cole's salaries and signing say a Getzlaf and Horton wouldn't be an upgrade??

And the whole point of clearing those salaries was to upgrade them...not saying I don't like Gionta and Cole but they're probably the best assets to acquire the extra draft picks I mentioned.

As for some of these guys not wanting to sign here...just idle speculation.

Thanks to dlbalr for the update on those already extended.

Just to point out, at one point in his career, Gomez was considered one of the best and he gradually slipped downhill. Is Getzlaf doing the same right now?

It would be an upgrade.

It also won't happen. And if it did happen? Take a look at what Minnesota paid for Suter and Parise and then adjust their contracts for the new CBA. That's what Montreal would have to pay, maybe more, and even then, I doubt Bergevin would get them.

Just to point out, at one point in his career, Gomez was considered one of the best and he gradually slipped downhill. Is Getzlaf doing the same right now?

Getzlaf is so bald that you cannot compare the two. Different mentality.