January 22nd, 2013 - Panthers @ Habs

bar

if you're referring to Streit, he's the best defenceman on a bad team. Still a powerplay machine.

Schneider when he was old, MAB, Komisarek, Souray...

A lot more D men looked great with Markov because of Markov.

I'm PVRing the game & I slowed it down frame by frame on Galchenyuk's goal. That Galchenyuk goal was sick. Ha ha. CHampagne history for the Habs tonight. I'm blown away that he was facing the shot, deflected it off of the upper blade of his stick, through his own legs & lobbed it over the goalie. It lobbed, BAHAHAHAHA.

Not smart by White. Might be sat next game for that.

Aside from the punching, I think it was good, sends a message to the NHL that says: you don't mess with Ryan White's teammates! Prust has been intimidating too with his hits, the Habs are no longer a small, fragile team!!

Aside from the punching, I think it was good, sends a message to the NHL that says: you don't mess with Ryan White's teammates! Prust has been intimidating too with his hits, the Habs are no longer a small, fragile team!!

I think we're the smallest team in the NHL (since Gill left our average height dropped) but that fourth line is going to send every single team into fits. And with White being a 60% on the faceoff, it's going to contribute in more ways than one. Can't recall the last time Montreal had such a deadly grind line.

He suckerpunched a known non-fighter. There is no message there.

WHY is Bouillon on the PP and not Gorges???

1. Boullion was on the second PP for Nashville (not in 11-12 but prior) and was probably a second PP guy for Montreal back when Therrien was there.

2. Therrien is playing Boullion the second most on the team. He loves to play him because he can rely on Cube to play his style.

He sucker punched a known non-fighter after he boarded Josh Gorges.

I have to agree.

TF knew what was coming.

Well not really is was a sucker punch, he should get suspended 1 game. If I was Shanny.

He sucker punched a known non-fighter after he boarded Josh Gorges.

White just showed he is willing to do anything to protect his teammates, he didn't mean to get a 5 minute penalty and just lost control. Just needs to get his temper under control and just grab the guy's shirt and shove him a little instead of punching him or drop the gloves with him later on in the game! All I can say is white plays with heart and watches out for his teammates which is what he is required to do, all while winning faceoffs and generating some secondary offense with his line.

A non-fighter, who game a dirty cross check to the back of Gorges. If Gorges had been a foot closer to the boards, he likely would have had his head bounce off the boards, then who knows what kind of shape he would be in. I like White's response.

I forgive the habs for losing to the Laffs! They came back strong, Markov is looking like his old self and Galchenyuk buried his first ;) I hope they can play like this often enough to make the playoffs.

Also, what a classy move to make Galy the first star so the kid can enjoy the glory!

Much better game tonight... Effort was night and day better.

Markov, Galy, Diaz and price stood out for me.

Discipline is still a problem,

The first line still doesn't look that great. DD looks the worst, but Cole and maxpac need improvement too.

Good: Price is amazing. Markov is back. Galchenyuk and Gallagher looked like men. Plekanec's line stepped up. The fourth line was ravenous, especially Ryan White who was a barbarian because Gorges got boarded.
Not Sure: Boullion is getting massively played and I think it's less to do with Subban being out of the lineup and more because Therrien loves Cube and likes to play the ever loving poop out of him. Last I saw, Cube played more than Gorges. Cube is not as good as Gorges. I thought Bourque showed a lot of fire on the left wing but he didn't get into enough scoring chances.
Bad: The amount of penalties were just silly. The team needs discipline (aside from White). The "top line" wasn't a top line at all again. Cole had a few chances but I didn't see much of Pacioretty and Desharnais looked like he was suffering from sophomore blues or something.

Well I'm happy with the overall effort tonight, but who picks the 3 stars for the game? Someone in the Habs front office? Gally was not first star worthy, but I'd easily give him a the 2nd or 3rd star. Markov was clearly deserving of that award. Not a good idea to pander to the kid this early.

Did anyone else notice that Gally's former linemate Nail Yakopov scored his first NHL goal tonight?

I echo MoLG's comments. A good effort, but the top 2 lines still make me want/expect more.

The habs looked a lot better then I though they would tonigh! Markove looked like the allstar Markov, before he got injured.

Galynechuck looked awesome tonight - that deflection has me drooling and is something we've been lacking since Leclair. Gallegher also looked great and was full of energy. I really love these two together. Once Eller gets back in the lineup, i'd like to see him on the wing - I know I've been saying for the past two years he should be at centre, but as long as DD starts getting his game back, I'd like to see how he would do with the two Galy's.

I really think having 3 lines that are a solid scoring threat and one hard hitting defensive line could really be the difference in getting in getting the additional goals needed to sneak in with the 7th/8th playoff position.