New Blackberry

Zowpeb

New BB10 looks pretty good...priced well too.

Can't wait till my Iphone contract is up this year. So sick of Apple products and there entire approach to the customer (or what they so obviously view as lemmings given their treatment of us)...

On a side note: I'm not sure BB stock was ever worth the $200 that it hit once upon a time. I'm also pretty sure it's worth more then $13-$18 as it is today given their market position globally...if there was ever a time to look at how wall street analysts try to "game the market" then look at how biased their positions are in this market. Not to mention how US centric their view point is for businesses that are truly global. Pretty crazy.

Speaking of Blackberry, Research in Motion is changing their name to Blackberry. That's probably not a bad idea. I think that stock price is either going to rise considerably or drop even further based on the sales of the new phone - it could be a decent buy low opportunity.

Can't wait till my Iphone contract is up this year. So sick of Apple products and there entire approach to the customer (or what they so obviously view as lemmings given their treatment of us)...

I agree! *shakes fist* Damn you apple for making products that work because you don't let tinkerers fiddle-ass with your systems! ;-)

Apple did well because they became a trend for 2-3 years and over that time had people get locked into 3 year contracts...as those contracts end over the next 2-3 years it will be interesting to see how many people switch away from them to Samsung, BB, HTC, etc...

Apple is going down IMHO. Their entire culture is built around fluff and their fanboys will eventually flock to the next big thing. Their entire premise is based on Apps...most of which are developed for Android too. While it's unlikely BB won't get to 700,000 apps anytime soon I can see them doubling and getting the next top 70,000 or so apps crossed over to them and then just committing to the popular types going forward. Plus, I think too much is made of the number of apps available...seriously, who ever looks through 700,000 apps? People just use the genius feature, word of mouth or try to look up something specific...more then 2/3 of those 700,000 apps on Apple and Android are old, useless or specifc to a company (my company has 6-7 apps for employees and customers that aren't available to the public...there are likely 20,000+ companies with multiple apps like that).

Blackberry is a well known brand in North America despite dropping in market share here as Apple and Samsung took over...but they are huge outside of north america and analysts here seem to conveniently ignore the importance of that. Plus so many funds, analysts and media corps have HUGE stakes in Apple so you will always read articles bashing BB or Android phones...they can't afford to have Apple take a huge tumble. Some mutual funds are holding 7% of their assets in Apple...and by some I mean dozens of multi-billion dollar funds. You think analysts in anyway connected to this stuff is going to allow BB or Samsung to take Apple's share?

Also of note, yahoo is also notorious for bashing BB with articles that are often very lopsided and not even based in reality...apparently some Yahoo execs and board members have some close ties to Apple. This crap really irritates me because it creates stock bubbles for individual firms.

Don't get me wrong, Blackberry didn't innovate enough to keep up and lost sight of the importance of the software and Apps. But they're worth a good bit more then $12 a share IMO...in the same way that Apple's stock price is grossly over-inflated.

Apple is going down IMHO. Their entire culture is built around fluff and their fanboys will eventually flock to the next big thing. Their entire premise is based on Apps...

Fluff? Really? Only apps? Really?

Fluff? Really? Only apps? Really?

Yes...and I have an IPhone and IPad (work related...). FWIW.

What separates Apple beyond marketing and their culture? Their hardware is not best in class (its good, and was at that level once but they are no longer category leaders and where they are great there are now others). Their software is not best in class. Their privacy and mobile security is not the greatest. Even their PC and laptop security is not great...just that there are so few users that they are largely ignored by hackers.

So, you tell me, beyond the illusion of their app store, what makes Apple better then most?

The Apple claim to fame is user interface IMO...and that's easily copied (and it has been by most competitors). Without a major innovation I don't see how they can hope to hold share. They've gotten even more arrogant, if possible. And, instead of offering varying phones, at different cost levels, they are leaving their back door open to imitators. These competitors will eat into the bulk of their market share, while Apple hold their noses high and think its a lifestyle or philosophy instead of business...and then shareholders will turn on them.