Feb. 6, Bruins vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Not the same team in the 3rd period, as the first...or even the 2nd. I had hoped for a win tonight....so very disappointed.

we had every chance to win this game, we were very unlucky, and rask was really good. we just don't have that clutch guy who can get us that goal when we need it. The boys played a good game, but there is a lot of deja vue from last year out there. And for crying out loud Plekanic practice hitting the frigging net.

A strange number of missed opportunities (and just plain missed nets!) made the difference tonight. It's almost as though they were intimidated by Rask, trying to make the 'perfect shot' or something. Weird. Another thing to notice is that Markov is tailing off just a bit (100% understandable) - which is making a difference in the wrong way. The kids aren't getting on the scoresheet either. That's why the refrain of 'we looked like last year' is suddenly being heard; Markov and the kids have been THE biggest reason for our early success IMHO.

I can't believe we fxcked up both breakaways and am not sure what the fxck plex was thinking on his. This was a game that we gave away 2 points.

Was I watching a different game? The Habs looked great for most of that game. Rask was amazing tonight. If the boys play like that every game I will be happy. A better executed game than many of their wins were.

• Upvote 1

Was I watching a different game? The Habs looked great for most of that game. Rask was amazing tonight. If the boys play like that every game I will be happy. A better executed game than many of their wins were.

I agree... thats why I say 5 minutes of bad hockey did us in.... along with a hot goalie during the 55 minutes we played well.

Rask played well, but we blew WAY too many chances. Lack of finish tonight really hurt, more so, because it was the friggin chowderheads. I still haven't got the image of plek's breakaway out of my mind.

I agree... thats why I say 5 minutes of bad hockey did us in.... along with a hot goalie during the 55 minutes we played well.

• Upvote 1

In the 6 wins we have we would have scored on 2 or 3 of those first period chances. Rask was hot, compounded but a few missed opportunities, and a bad start to the 3rd added up to a 2-1 loss. Don't believe for a second the Bruins don't know they just stole a win. They know that we could of easily been up 5-0 in the first 10 minutes of the game. Credit Rask for coming up big, their defense for making some key plays in key situations.

This doesn't mean we're any worse than the Bruins. Overall I say we were the better team. We held one of the best teams in the league without a shot for 11 1.2 minutes. Thats not an easy task. We'll see how we respond vs Buffalo tonight.

Now that being said, Therrian gotta stop trying to force Subban - Markov on the PP. Markov - Daiz is working and looking good. Subban is too predicatble on the PP to be effective with Markov, he will not pass the puck back to Markov and other teams see this, making it easy to defend against. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.

Now that being said, Therrian gotta stop trying to force Subban - Markov on the PP. Markov - Daiz is working and looking good. Subban is too predicatble on the PP to be effective with Markov, he will not pass the puck back to Markov and other teams see this, making it easy to defend against. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.

They did go back to Markov-Diaz later in the game which was good.