Greg Pateryn sent down

dlbalr

We had a thread on Dumont's recall, so why not him? With Weber suffering a knee injury sometime during the game last night, the Habs need an insurance policy as they're down to six defencemen.

Pateryn was injured with a fractured elbow early in the season and has only played 22 games with the Bulldogs so far this season but has been arguably their top defenceman over the past month. He has more goals with Hamilton than in any of his collegiate years. I like this choice over the other options, he's the most well-rounded of the group. If anyone's wondering, he'll wear #64 if he plays.

Is this the first 64 for the Habs? What's wrong with 24, 25, 28, 34, 36, 38, 44 - ?

Has anyone worn #44 since Souray? That's my favorite number for defensemen, hopefully Tinordi takes it, or #24, his old man's number. I hope Pateryn will be playing on Sunday against the Panther's, i'll be at the game!

Has anyone worn #44 since Souray? That's my favorite number for defensemen, hopefully Tinordi takes it, or #24, his old man's number. I hope Pateryn will be playing on Sunday against the Panther's, i'll be at the game!

I expect Tinordi to wear #24 in tribute of his father though he wore #42 in exhibition games.

Is this the first 64 for the Habs? What's wrong with 24, 25, 28, 34, 36, 38, 44 - ?

Shameless plug time. We have an all-time listing of Habs' jersey numbers (including those who may have only worn a specific number for a game or two) on the site. So to answer the questions, two players have worn 64 (Armand Mondou and J-P Cote), and although the players are listed an alphabetical order, looking at the #44 list shows that Roman Hamrlik wore 44 and he was with the Habs after Souray.

Here is the list...just don't click on the quick links at the beginning of the page or after each number to go back to the top, they're not working for some odd reason. http://www.habsworld.net/AllTimeHabs.php

That list is pretty cool. Some good numbers as yet unretired, like #3 and #6. Those are the ones I'd shoot for (or maybe 98, just to be outrageous).

Incidentally, wasn't #99 retired for all teams when Gretzky retired? Should it, technically, be listed as 'retired?' These are the things that keep me up at night.

That list is pretty cool. Some good numbers as yet unretired, like #3 and #6. Those are the ones I'd shoot for (or maybe 98, just to be outrageous).

Incidentally, wasn't #99 retired for all teams when Gretzky retired? Should it, technically, be listed as 'retired?' These are the things that keep me up at night.

It's a retired number league-wide but none of those players have had their numbers retired by the Habs (and it's only those players whose numbers were retired by Montreal that get the special designation).

Also, thanks for noting #3. That number is actually retired. I'll have to fix that in the offseason (I only edit the page once a year).

It's a retired number league-wide but none of those players have had their numbers retired by the Habs (and it's only those players whose numbers were retired by Montreal that get the special designation).

Also, thanks for noting #3. That number is actually retired. I'll have to fix that in the offseason (I only edit the page once a year).

Oops! Butch Bouchard, was it?

Shameless plug time. We have an all-time listing of Habs' jersey numbers (including those who may have only worn a specific number for a game or two) on the site. So to answer the questions, two
have worn 64 (Armand Mondou and J-P Cote), and although the players are listed an alphabetical order, looking at the #44 list shows that Roman Hamrlik wore 44 and he was with the Habs after Souray.

Here is the list...just don't click on the quick links at the beginning of the page or after each number to go back to the top, they're not working for some odd reason. http://www.habsworld.net/AllTimeHabs.php

Hamrlik! I like making myself look ignint. Now will you all excuse me while I touch a hot stove? I guess I've never gotten over the loss of Souray.

Hamrlik! I like making myself look ignint. Now will you all excuse me while I touch a hot stove? I guess I've never gotten over the loss of Souray.

. I bought a Hamrlik jersey the day the Habs signed him.

Hamrlik was an important player for us. For all the bitching about his contract, that was a good signing.

Absolutely. And we relied on him more than we ever should have had to.

Yes with Markova out he was the defecto #1 for two seasons.

Greg will get in the line up tonight. I say he gets an assist and is on for 2 goals for and 1 against.

Hamrlik was an important player for us. For all the bitching about his contract, that was a good signing.

Yeah, I was among the ones who thought his contract was outrageous, but he definitely delivered. A reliable defensive presence like that is invaluable.

Pateryn has an unevetful debut. Made a few gaffes, but they didn't cost us.

Was Kaberle really that bad in his couple games back? I seem to recall him doing ok. Maybe they just don't like playing him on the wrong side.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I was among the ones who thought his contract was outrageous, but he definitely delivered. A reliable defensive presence like that is invaluable.

Pateryn has an unevetful debut. Made a few gaffes, but they didn't cost us.

Was Kaberle really that bad in his couple games back? I seem to recall him doing ok. Maybe they just don't like playing him on the wrong side.

Kaberle doesn't fit in the lineup anymore. His offensive skills are mostly gone and, anyhow, we now have other players (Markov, Subban, Diaz and even Emelin) who can contribute better than him in this department. He would be useful if he could be physical, but he is not. That's where a guy like Pateryn can help the club. He is big, plays a conservative style of hockey and knows his limitations. I think it's an excellent opportunity to give him a serious try. Let's see what he can do.

Not parti

Not very impressed but not at all dissapointed by Pateryn. He plays a steady calm game, which never hurts.

You're right. IMO, he was very nervous and chose to keep it very simple. I believe that he can do better than that. Since we won the two games with him in the lineup, I guess that Therrien will keep him on the ice.