Crombeen - Pyatt - Labrie
Hedman - Salo
Carle - Brewer
Lee - Aulie

Desjardins/Lindback

Not Expected to Play

Scratches: Bergeron, Mikkelson, Hall    Injured: Garon, Pouliot, Ohlund

Scoring Leaders Montreal Tampa Bay
Goals Tomas Plekanec (10) Steven Stamkos (18)
Assists Diaz/Pacioretty (12) Martin St. Louis (25)
Points Max Pacioretty (20) Steven Stamkos (35)
+/- Brandon Prust  (+13) Sami Salo (+10)
PIMS Brandon Prust (81) B.J. Crombeen (57)

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Talking about this game... GDT anyone ?

*I don't want to waste my luck on some random GDT. I'm more used to break nasty losing streaks with a lazy GDT when the time comes. (hope I will not have to do any this season)

Talking about this game... GDT anyone ?

*I don't want to waste my luck on some random GDT. I'm more used to break nasty losing streaks with a lazy GDT when the time comes. (hope I will not have to do any this season)

Here we go, I just edited the first post to make it the GDT. On top of Dumont making his season debut, Pateryn will make his NHL debut tonight as well.

Will be interesting to see the 2 prospects play tonight. Hope they can benefit from a good scoring game from at least 2 lines.

I'm hoping Dumont becomes the Habs version of Patrice Bergeron. I mean, he's already wearing #37!

I'd stop hoping right now if I were in your position...

I'd stop hoping right now if I were in your position...

Won't he be the 4th midget on the team?

Is Kaberle out because either he or Bouillon aren't comfortable playing on their off-side? I thought he played well, he's basically playing for his career. As for White, he should be in the lineup. The team isn't better with Pateryn and Dumont in the lineup. Maybe a trade is afoot? White and Kaberle to Chicago for a meal at Morton's Steakhouse? To St Louis for an earful of advice? Maybe to Colorado for ski passes?

Yes, he's 5'9", maybe 5'10".

I know some people love the kid but I just don't see it from him.

So now every line has a smurf. Not too mention one on our defense as well.

Yes, he's 5'9", maybe 5'10".

I know some people love the kid but I just don't see it from him.

Dumont is a good player. We aren't looking at a superstar to replace White. He's playing a different game out there, and if he's on a short leash, half of game is gone. Let's not forget his name is Gabriel Dumont, not Gary Demoulas. Which I'm fine with, as long as Frenchbeard can do the job. That being said, Toronto should throw 7 and 8 at Corey Perry next year for the same reason.

Subban hasn't changed at all, except he doesn't wear the C in bleu, blanc et rouge anymore.

Stamkos has hardly changed but he's now wearing the wrong sweater ;)

I've been thinking, who will wear the "C" after Gio? I've heard Gorges, but in my mind, he's the perfect assistant. I think someone which wears that letter needs to be either a number 1 dman or center. And that could be a very big hole.

Will be interesting to see the 2 prospects play tonight. Hope they can benefit from a good scoring game from at least 2 lines.

Dumont played a few games last year and he did not look out place. I guess that he has improved quite a bit and it will be interesting to see how he fits in the line up. As for Pateryn, I am really curious to see him. I mean, he is obviously mature physically and his style of play probably will be more useful than those of Kaberle and Weber.

I've been thinking, who will wear the "C" after Gio? I've heard Gorges, but in my mind, he's the perfect assistant. I think someone which wears that letter needs to be either a number 1 dman or center. And that could be a very big hole.

Assuming Gio to be gone after this season - a questionable assumption - and that Markov doesn't want the gig (a safe bet), I'd say it'd have to be one of

-Gorges (oft-cited as 'captain' material)

-Prust (but giving him the 'C' feels like overload, somehow)

-Pleks (a quiet leader...but do his occasional crises of confidence mitigate against his taking the role?)

Hard to see anyone else being obviously in the running, off the top of my head.

Max Pax.

Assuming Gio to be gone after this season - a questionable assumption - and that Markov doesn't want the gig (a safe bet), I'd say it'd have to be one of

-Pleks (a quiet leader...but do his occasional crises of confidence mitigate against his taking the role?)

Yeah Plekanec would be good. Maybe if he were the captain, they'd give him some better linemates! Down the road I think Tinordi will be the captain.

I remember back in 2009-2010 that the talk was if Markov was healthy, he would have become the captain.

Gorges is a vocal leader and I prefer vocal captains to quiet captains. However he could be prone to foot in mouth syndrome.

It's a lot for him, but in the summer of 2014? Brandon Prust would be ready to step into the role as captain. He's a heart and soul player, close with the team, everyone respects him in the league, would probably be decent to talk to referees, is learning French with a francophone celebrity wife. He'd be quite accepted, even politically.

Is Kaberle out because either he or Bouillon aren't comfortable playing on their off-side? I thought he played well, he's basically playing for his career. As for White, he should be in the lineup. The team isn't better with Pateryn and Dumont in the lineup. Maybe a trade is afoot? White and Kaberle to Chicago for a meal at Morton's Steakhouse? To St Louis for an earful of advice? Maybe to Colorado for ski passes?

I wouldn't think a trade is coming, but rather it's time for some evaluation. Is Pateryn someone that could be counted on later in the year if an injury or two arises? Maybe...or maybe they don't want to play Kaberle/Bouillon out of position as you noted, it could be a possibility. As for Dumont/White, the latter has played poorly lately so they might as well try Dumont. Tampa doesn't really have a prototypical heavyweight so it's a decent game to try him.

On a completely unrelated note, apparently we'll be having a small impact on tonight's pregame show on RDS. A stat about Plekanec I posted yesterday on our Twitter page caught the eye of David Arsenault, the host of Hockey360 and he asked to use it on tonight's show. https://twitter.com/habsworld_net/status/310167620945068032

Kaberle is not on the injury reserve, thought he played enought to consider a showcase

was done.

Pateryn,heard that he made Beaulieu look good 5-5. Right side D, big, physical keep simple.

Exactly the type of 6th defensemen needed in mtl.

I would have benched Armstrong to play both White and Dumont, dynamic duo. Armstrong

is only a depth player too.