March 16, Habs vs Devils, 7 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky to get out of that period tied. Unfortunately, the habs are laying an egg so far, which they cant afford to do if they want to stay at the top of the conference. Hopefully, the big guns will show up and play more inspired in the third.

Finally a break... What a blast by Tinordi, but Pleks tipped it. First shot in a while.

For a stay at home dman, he looks like he's got a pretty good shot. If both Emelin and Tinordi are solid defensively and contribute offensively, we have a pretty solid D shaping up.

I didn't see the game, what are your guys thoughts on tinordi?

I thought he really struggled in the 1st with his positioning, he kept gravitating over to his natural side which led to some New Jersey guys being open. Beyond that though, he was quietly dependable which is exactly what the coaches want I'd think.

What a boring game but a win's a win. 19 wins in 28 games, that would have been unfathomable just a couple of months ago.

Tinordi skating abilities allowed him to do well on the right side.

On his side he will be a force for the next years.

Moen on the second line and Armstrong on the 3th line means there's

a lack of depth offensively.

Yes there is three regular guys out but the Dumont and Blunden are too much

alike what habs already have.

But still 2pts against a team that played yesterday, will take it, but nothing to get overwhelmed.

Moen on the second line and Armstrong on the 3th line means there's

a lack of depth offensively.

Montreal actually has some of the best offensive depth in the league. You gotta remember that Ryder, Prust and Bourque were out. That's three top nine players. A whole line worth.

Looking at the stats, the one thing that jumped out at me was that Montreal was actually proficient at the faceoff dot (46/80 as a team). Plekanec in particular was quite strong and as a result of last night, has climbed over the 50% mark on the season. I also noticed that he was taking faceoffs differently a few times, crossing his hands and taking the draw as if he was right handed. That was the first time I've ever seen him do that.

Full stats if anyone's interested: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/ES020410.HTM

I get that it was a boring game, hard to be exciting playing the devils. However, just 2 pages of comments on yet another win? Have we become spoiled by our winning team already? What will it take for a comment if we win a cup?