Habs toughness questioned once again?

HabsHeaven

So, should the Habs have traded something like 2 of Bournival/MacMillan/Holland/Avtsin and a 1st round pick to acquire Iginla??

That would effectively be the equivalent package to Pittsburgh.

Assuming of course that he would have accepted a trade to the Habs.

IF you feel this is a good year to be "buyers" (which I'm still not convinced of) this would have been a nice add and they kind they should have looked at IMHO. Not only solidfying your top 6 with a veteran power forward who is a good locker room type but keeping him from a competitor like Pittsburgh/Boston.

So, should the Habs have traded something like 2 of Bournival/MacMillan/Holland/Avtsin and a 1st round pick to acquire Iginla??

IF you feel this is a good year to be "buyers" (which I'm still not convinced of) this would have been a nice add and they kind they should have looked at IMHO. Not only solidfying your top 6 with a veteran power forward who is a good locker room type but keeping him from a competitor like Pittsburgh/Boston.

Iginla is a special player and I would have done it for him. Our 1st rounder will be very late in the 1st round, and we have high 2nd round picks. I'd have sent Avtsin and MacMillan no problem. It's easy to say now, and there aren't players comparable to Iggy available.

Not only didn't he want to come here, but he also put the Bruins on his list..

Just because the Bruins were an acceptable location to him doesn't really mean anything at all...if the Habs were interested they should have sought permission to talk to him and his agent.

of course they should have. Calgary got lower value from Pitts than they were offered from Boston because Iggy wanted to go to Pittsburg. MB would have to be a fool not to take Iggy with one of those prospects you mention and a low first rounder going the other way. Calgary painted themselves into a corner by not trying to deal Iginla last season.

of course they should have. Calgary got lower value from Pitts than they were offered from Boston because Iggy wanted to go to Pittsburg. MB would have to be a fool not to take Iggy with one of those prospects you mention and a low first rounder going the other way. Calgary painted themselves into a corner by not trying to deal Iginla last season.

I disagree. Iginla is a rental, wether or not he sees it that way. The Pens will not be resigning him next year, unless he is willing to take less than half of what he is being paid now. Habs have had a great season, but no need to start throwing away assets for players who will be around for 1 or 2 months.