Nathan Beaulieu demoted April 18th

JMMR

CanadiensMTL:
Nathan Beaulieu a été rappelé des Bulldogs. | Nathan Beaulieu was recalled from the Bulldogs

So excited I think he can do wonders moving the puck and his speed is great right?

This one surprises me. If Therrien didn't have confidence to play Tinordi, a much more accomplished player in his own end, I can't see him trusting Beaulieu with even average minutes. On the plus side, he can play the powerplay which means Gorges or Bouillon shouldn't be.

• Upvote 1

Next in line to get a chance at the NHL level. Pateryn had a 'tryout,' Tinordi had a longer stretch, now Beaulieu gets his shot. This, in my opinion, is fantastic player management. Give them a taste so they can see where they need to improve, then back to work on those areas. Will he be employed on the power play? Potentially, yes, though I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

• Upvote 3

I think they know what they wil get from Weber and the Habs are in excellent position to qualify for the playoffs and compete for home ice in the first round and the division win.

This allows them the luxury to try these kids out on the back end.

Ok, I guess they're back to 6. Boy, talk about about being disheartening for Weber. Hope he gets moved.

Disheartening for Weber?

Kaberle can't crack the lineup in front of 3 rookies who average 10 minutes if ice time a game. It's like they want out of his contract by making him drop a toaster in the bathtub.

JMO but after watching him all season in Hamilton, I find he makes some exciting rushes but often get caught out of position as a result. I will give him credit though - the other night vs the Heat-he had four Heat players chasing him while his line mates changed and then dropped the puck back to Bournival for a beauty of a goal. If he can pass a bit more and not try and be a puck hog, he'll be great.

I'm very excited to see Beaulieu in action. I wonder if Ellis is next? Most likely they'll trade for a number 6. I would love to see Ladislav Smid in a habs jersey. But unfortunately, that's a trade that will only happen in the land of ponies and lollipops, unless his contract talks are going south.

I can't see Ellis getting a callup. He has periodically been scratched in Hamilton and regularly is on the third pairing, regardless of who actually is playing or not. That's why I have him as the most likely prospect to be dealt, Lefebvre/Dufresne just aren't giving him much of a chance yet.

Nice tidbit from M-A Godin's interview with Beaulieu (translated with google):

Carried away by the NHL experience, Beaulieu said after the victory over the Carolina Hurricanes that the atmosphere in the Habs did not compared to what he had already experienced.

"I won the Memorial Cup, yet in terms of team, it does not compare to the camaraderie we find here is that all players are on the same page, he said. It's hard to describe, but there is a "buzz" around this locker room, and it feels even more after two big wins. '
This is just to live this "buzz" that Tinordi, Greg Pateryn and him tasted the NHL this season. An experience that certainly marked them.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201304/02/01-4636879-beaulieu-a-apprecie-son-bref-passage.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_vous_suggere_4636930_article_POS3

He should have got a chance to play weeks ago.

In the AHL ;)

I heard somewhere they have been contemplating about trying to convince him to take a conditioning stint. Obviously with Hamilton off for a bit after today, they wouldn't need to do that for a few days.

Disheartening for Weber?

Kaberle can't crack the lineup in front of 3 rookies who average 10 minutes if ice time a game. It's like they want out of his contract by making him drop a toaster in the bathtub.

Kaberle has been "gomezed" without sending him home IMO. He won't play unless there is a catastrophy on defence. They are terrified he gets hurt and can't be amnestied.