Nathan Beaulieu demoted April 18th

JMMR

Kaberle has been "gomezed" without sending him home IMO. He won't play unless there is a catastrophy on defence. They are terrified he gets hurt and can't be amnestied.

Bergevin told the press that it's not because the team doesn't want him to get hurt that he doesn't play. He could be lying, but somehow I don't think that the guy would do that.

Bergevin told the press that it's not because the team doesn't want him to get hurt that he doesn't play. He could be lying, but somehow I don't think that the guy would do that.

He can't come out and say that, the NHLPA would be all over them for that. I think at this point everyone knows full well what's going on, they just can't come out and say it publicly.

Would they be allowed to buy him out now?

Like they did with Gomez or was that only for 1 of the 2 buy outs?

He can't come out and say that, the NHLPA would be all over them for that. I think at this point everyone knows full well what's going on, they just can't come out and say it publicly.

Would they be allowed to buy him out now?

Like they did with Gomez or was that only for 1 of the 2 buy outs?

Nope, that mini buyout window closed when the season started and besides, only one of the two could be bought out that way.

Nathan Beaulieu skating almost deserves its own thread. Close call. One of the sweetest skater i've seen since Scott Niedermayer. Just awesome.

Nathan Beaulieu skating almost deserves its own thread. Close call. One of the sweetest skater i've seen since Scott Niedermayer. Just awesome.

I was saying almost the same thing to my son yesterday. He reminds of Paul Coffey. He looks so smooth on the ice, yet very powerful and mobile. Amazing. Certainly the best skating stride in the team.

Disheartening for Weber?

Kaberle can't crack the lineup in front of 3 rookies who average 10 minutes if ice time a game. It's like they want out of his contract by making him drop a toaster in the bathtub.

That is sooooo funny! Poor guy. Gotta feel for him. But..still funny.

People seemed to forget the excitement that Beaulieu generated a couple of years ago at training camp. Words like 'future all-star' were being thrown around. In the interim, of course, as his development hit a couple of bumps, we had people proposing to package him for Big Name X or Y.

Personally, I look forward to a 28-year-old Subban and a 25-year old Beaulieu dominating the NHL as a combination of Norris-calibre all-around established superstar and fleet-footed offensive-defensive machine. Sort of a Weber-Suter combo for the Bell Centre. May never materialize but it's nice to think about. Aw, YEAH. :habslogo:

People seemed to forget the excitement that Beaulieu generated a couple of years ago at training camp. Words like 'future all-star' were being thrown around. In the interim, of course, as his development hit a couple of bumps, we had people proposing to package him for Big Name X or Y.

Personally, I look forward to a 28-year-old Subban and a 25-year old Beaulieu dominating the NHL as a combination of Norris-calibre all-around established superstar and fleet-footed offensive-defensive machine. Sort of a Weber-Suter combo for the Bell Centre. May never materialize but it's nice to think about. Aw, YEAH. :habslogo:

I still believe Beaulieu should have been a top 10 pick in that draft and will have a better career than many guys taken ahead of him. Once I saw guys like Schiefele, Siemens, Murphy and Oleksiak go off the board when they shouldnt have gone ahead of him, and Beaulieu fall to us, I got really excited that we were gonna take him.

I think he may be here permanently next year. He is a very skilled player.

Very skilled, yes, but he still has lots to learn, particularly at the defensive end. Another full season in Hamilton certainly would help but I suspect he'll be up and down as needed next year.