Habs Trade for LA's Davis Drewiske

Fanpuck33

Drewiske (#44) became expandable last month after the Kings acquired B. Obama

AP265105931247.jpg

More seriously, it seems he was the Kings 7th or 8th dman: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/04/kings-get-martinez-back-after-eight-game-absence/

There's a good read on him on HF: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/davis_drewiske/

Drewiske is an intelligent two-way defenseman with very strong leadership skills. While he has good offensive ability, it is his outstanding defensive play that stands out more. He is very good in one-on-one situations and does a superb job of staying with his assignment. He has great on-ice vision, follows plays exceedingly well and is rarely caught out of position.

Another great attribute that Drewiske possesses is his puck skills. His patience with and distribution of the puck, as well as his smart decisions with it made him a regular on the power play for much of his collegiate career. He makes nice outlet and tape-to-tape passes. While Drewiske will get involved in the offensive side, it almost never comes at the expense of his defensive responsibilities. Drewiske possesses a good, hard shot and can get pucks to the net. He has decent foot speed and skates with powerful strides.

I am so pumped about this deal.

I love him,

Just a great bottom guy.

Have to say about 4 or 5 years ago I used to watch all the Kings games on centre ice.

Was a big fan of watching all the "kids on the kings"

Kopitar

Doughty

Brown

Simmonds

Johnson even

Also I believe Halpren and he may have even played together.

I know he's very excitable. But on local radio Pierre McGuire called this a great trade for our favorite team.

It is he will help the PK, he wil hit, he will clear the net.

He will lay some big hits, but not take many penalties.

I've seen a lot of Monarchs games, and I don't even remember him. That's not a bad thing for a number 6 I guess.

He didn't play all that much with them, just the end of 2007-08 and most of 2008-09. He has been up with LA full time since then.

It is he will help the PK, he wil hit, he will clear the net.

He will lay some big hits, but not take many penalties.

So why did LA get Rhegher?

L.A got Regher because they are looking to replace Mitchell anf Greene = experience.

when the game is on the line.

MB got this Brewhisky as a depth move, 6-7th defensemen defense role, team first attitude.

Tinordi and the others will have their chance soon enough.

• Upvote 1

I understand the logic of keeping their picks and prospects, and this probably isn't "the year, " but there's no guarantee we're going to be this healthy in upcoming years. If we just get Drewiske and a 13th forward, that's not an acceptable deadline for a division leader / number two team in the conference.

Clowe?! I want to see those two third Rounders go down! Maybe we can draft another Michael Bournival!

Uh...Clowe had a NTC. Did he agree to Montreal? And, FYI we did not draft Bournival--although you are right, he was selected in the 3rd round

TSN talking about how little value 2nd round picks have. But just for fun, here are the Habs 5th round picks of the past four years:

2013: traded for Drewiske

2012: Hudon

2011: Dietz

2010: Gallagher

2009: Dumont