Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Fraser - Franson
Liles - Kostka

Reimer

Scrivens

8649455362_30429147d2_z.jpg

baby-habs-vs-baby-leafs.jpg

*lineups subject to change*

Commandant should do all the GDT's regardless if Habs win or lose. Love it!

So tired of playing the Leafs on the final game of the season. I despise that team so much! I read that Maple Leafs Sports Entertainment charged 75% more for playoffs tickets at the ACC. Disgusting. I'm hoping for a win tonight that causes Carlyle to cry & moan like Claude Julien.

So tired of playing the Leafs on the final game of the season. I despise that team so much! I read that Maple Leafs Sports Entertainment charged 75% more for playoffs tickets at the ACC. Disgusting. I'm hoping for a win tonight that causes Carlyle to cry & moan like Claude Julien.

I suspect even with the new divisions next year that we'll see the Leafs to end the season on a regular basis. As for the playoff ticket increase, that's not that much more than usual - 75% is usually the markup come the second round for them. All teams gouge in the postseason, they're just jumping the gun a bit, which, in a season like this, is pretty bad. I think the Habs made the first round tickets the same as their premium regular season games (I want to guess a markup of 25-40% but never buying tickets I can't say that for certain).

Commandant should do all the GDT's regardless if Habs win or lose. Love it!

I hope we don't plat the Leafs in the first round, but not for the reason you might think. I saw them Thursday, I'll see them tonight, and potentially for seven more games. Enough is enough!

Prive has been pretty good in the last 3. No need to play him. Have his confidence up for the playoffs. If he gets shelled then what? The defense has been really bad the [ast 3 weeks. Let them work on it. Chances are they will be playing the Leafs.

I would sit Markov as well.

No reason to get into the rough stuff tonight, not that the habs can compete with the leafs on that, just play your game, get a win.

Prive has been pretty good in the last 3. No need to play him. Have his confidence up for the playoffs. If he gets shelled then what? The defense has been really bad the [ast 3 weeks. Let them work on it. Chances are they will be playing the Leafs.

I would sit Markov as well.

No reason to get into the rough stuff tonight, not that the habs can compete with the leafs on that, just play your game, get a win.

What? He's had one good game and two mediocre games. He was NOT good against New Jersey for the opening 20 and he was poor against Washington.

If the Leafs are the opening round oppenent then it's even more reason to get Price out there... Get his confidence up, lower the confidence of the Leafs, get to see more shooters so he is more prepared.

I'm not sure why 80% of people have given up on the division... this is a HUGE game for Montreal. Win and you force Boston to get 3 out of 4 points against two tough opponents. That alone is reason enough to start Price. YOU NEED THIS WIN!

The "Leafs-Habs rivalry" means way more to the Leafs than it does to the Habs. Leafs fans are accustomed to thinking that nothing has happened since 1967, so the times when it was a real rivalry seem like only yesterday.

The reason why we all hate the Leafs consists partly in this imbalance, I suspect. We're told over and over again how IMPORTANT Habs-Leafs games are - we get fed the Leafs-Habs for season openers and/or closers over and over, we have to hear the whole CBC hype machine - when our real rivalry is with teams like Boston (and in the previous decades, Quebec, Buffalo, Calgary, even Hartford) and despite the fact that that franchise has been only slightly more relevant than the Cleveland Barons in terms of genuinely meaningful on-ice games since about 1978. The whole thing is force-fed us from a Toronto perspective.

Now, if we do meet them in the playoffs, that series will be exciting because it's a playoff series, not because it's Toronto. The only extra frisson will be created by the burning desire to shut the hype machine the f*ck up and not to have to hear about the Great Series of 2013 for the rest of my life, not by some awesome internal rivalry between the two clubs.

That's difference. I want us to beat Boston because there is a blood history there and genuine hatred. I want us to beat Toronto because of the Leafs-centred media hype machine. In short, it's one of the most artificial rivalries in all of hockey.

I'm not going to get into the entire Price good game bad games. He gave up 3, he had no chance on them. It's the team defense that is a roblem.

Besides, Budaj has on lost twice al year. they normally play well for him.

Price gets run tonight, then they are done.

It is a huge game, If everyone plays well, Budaj can beat the leafs.

Score early, survive the second, seal it in the third.

This seems crucial against the Leafs. Or at the very least, DON'T let them score early.

The teams are pretty interesting statistically:

Montreal

First Period: 9th For, 25th Against

Second Period: 3rd For (!?), 3rd Against

Third Period: 3rd for, 30th (!) Against

Toronto

First Period: 6th For, 29th Against

Second Period: 7th For, 10th Against

Third Period: 6th For, 6th Against

Montreal is one of the hardest teams in the league to score on in the first or third, one of the easiest in the second. Both teams rank in the top 10 for scoring for. Toronto is the second hardest team in the league to score on in the first but is one of the 10 easiest teams to blow a game in the second or third period.

Interesting when you look at it that way.

The "Leafs-Habs rivalry" means way more to the Leafs than it does to the Habs. Leafs fans are accustomed to thinking that nothing has happened since 1967, so the times when it was a real rivalry seem like only yesterday.

The reason why we all hate the Leafs consists partly in this imbalance, I suspect. We're told over and over again how IMPORTANT Habs-Leafs games are - we get fed the Leafs-Habs for season openers and/or closers over and over, we have to hear the whole CBC hype machine - when our real rivalry is with teams like Boston (and in the previous decades, Quebec, Buffalo, Calgary, even Hartford) and despite the fact that that franchise has been only slightly more relevant than the Cleveland Barons in terms of genuinely meaningful on-ice games since about 1978. The whole thing is force-fed us from a Toronto perspective.

Now, if we do meet them in the playoffs, that series will be exciting because it's a playoff series, not because it's Toronto. The only extra frisson will be created by the burning desire to shut the hype machine the f*ck up and not to have to hear about the Great Series of 2013 for the rest of my life, not by some awesome internal rivalry between the two clubs.

That's difference. I want us to beat Boston because there is a blood history there and genuine hatred. I want us to beat Toronto because of the Leafs-centred media hype machine. In short, it's one of the most artificial rivalries in all of hockey.

Great insights. I'm from NH, 25 minutes from Boston, and I've never understood "the rivalry. " Neither does my father, who's been a Habs fan since the late 60's. He explained "I guess it's a Canadian thing. "

It's fun to say the rivalry doesn't exist but if we play them a few times in the playoffs it will get hot.

I also remember the excitement of the idea of Montreal/Toronto for the Cup in 1993. It was pretty high. And then Toronto completely screwed the pooch by losing game six and seven.

It's the two Canadian original six teams with the most Cups in the league. There's passion there. There's emotions you don't know ready to bubble out. These are two old teams with generations of fans who have played different hockey and similar hockey at different times. Talk all you want about not caring but you care. Proof you care? You never felt this sense of dread when playing the Flyers or Penguins.

It's fun to say the rivalry doesn't exist but if we play them a few times in the playoffs it will get hot.

I also remember the excitement of the idea of Montreal/Toronto for the Cup in 1993. It was pretty high. And then Toronto completely screwed the pooch by losing game six and seven.

It's the two Canadian original six teams with the most Cups in the league. There's passion there. There's emotions you don't know ready to bubble out. These are two old teams with generations of fans who have played different hockey and similar hockey at different times. Talk all you want about not caring but you care. Proof you care? You never felt this sense of dread when playing the Flyers or Penguins.

Oh, no doubt a playoff series - or ideally, a few such series - would rekindle the rivalry big time, turning it into the real thing. I'm not denying that. ANY two teams that collide reliably in the playoffs become bitter rivals, and in the case of these two teams the rivalry would be deepened by all that history. But this is just theoretical at this point. There hasn't been a Leafs-Habs game that really mattered since the late-70s.

And I'm not quite saying a rivalry doesn't exist; it exists on one end (Toronto's) because it is hyped by a media machine and fan base that still wishes it was 1967. I maintain that the Habs have not felt anything like that intensity when playing Toronto in my entire lifetime.

I remember a passgae in The Game where Dryden talked about one of his teammates - Lapointe? - on the eve of a game against Toronto throwing down a newspaper and scoffing, 'the great Leafs-Habs rivalry! They must think we're the f**king Pittsburgh Penguins!' (who were then a joke franchise). A telling remark. If not for the hype machine, those guys might as well be the Atlanta Flames.

Right. One game in 30 years :rolleyes: By two teams that had zero chance to do anything even if they made the playoffs. Please.

Well maybe it didn't matter for you but I made some hilarious life mistakes after that game. Involving a stripper with bunny ears. I also had to buy pitchers for Leaf fans. IT MEANT EVERYTHING TO ME OKAY.