GDT: Montreal @ Toronto, April 27th, 7pm

Commandant

So, like I said earlier. Do we want to play the CBC Leafs, with the media hoopla that goes with it, or the Ottawa hens with Karlsson and Spezza back??

Spezza's not coming back any time soon as far as I know.

Spezza's not coming back any time soon as far as I know.

I thought I read that Spezza was supposed to be ready to go for the playoffs?? If we have to face them, its great if he won't be back. Otherwise, I'd rather play the leafs. I was also hoping that the Pens would have to play the rangers. IMO they got the best chance of knocking of the Pens.

the boys listened to me for once. they went to work beatem with speed and skill, and like I said no shots no goals block em all, we did. GREAT :habslogo:

Amen.

My 2 cents worth is I'd rather play the leafs, but only because Ottawa is a team Im fairly neutral about (dont hate them, don't really like them either) and for me a habs v leafs playoff round would be more exciting. If we had lost again today I would have said screw the excitement I'll take the Sen's lol

I thought I read that Spezza was supposed to be ready to go for the playoffs?? If we have to face them, its great if he won't be back. Otherwise, I'd rather play the leafs. I was also hoping that the Pens would have to play the rangers. IMO they got the best chance of knocking of the Pens.

He just started skating yesterday at the 'public skating' level according to MacLean. He's weeks away.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maclean-says-spezza-isnt-close-to-joining-sens/

I would rather the sens. We match up well and Anderson has come down a bit. In addition, losing to them won't force me to move to avoid leaf fans.

What cities were you thinking of. .I was considering Montreal.

My 2 cents worth is I'd rather play the leafs, but only because Ottawa is a team Im fairly neutral about (dont hate them, don't really like them either) and for me a habs v leafs playoff round would be more exciting. If we had lost again today I would have said screw the excitement I'll take the Sen's lol

Ya.. the last few games after they made the postseason shook us up a bit... merci le bon dieu.

Chris Owen! That's his name.

HAHAHAHA!

What cities were you thinking of. .I was considering Montreal.

Ya.. the last few games after they made the postseason shook us up a bit... merci le bon dieu.

HAHAHAHA!

Maybe somewhere in remote BC. :(

more than whether we play the Maples or the Sens, I want home ice for round 2 ... so (for Sunday only) Go Sens Go!

Maybe somewhere in remote BC. :(

I lived in Vancouver for a few years. .not far enough away for the hurt'n to stop.... It's amazing how a Leaf lov'n drug - addled voice can travel across the prairies and hit you on the Burrard St bridge.... ughhh

I'll take the Sens. Provided they win, they'll be in better shape for the second round. Great move not playing Price. I wonder what Reimer is thinking, being pulled before the playoffs.

You know.. that's true.. Can you imagine if Price had started and had let in a softie..... nightmare stuff.

Little to gain and a tonne to lose. Good decision by Therrien.

You know.. that's true.. Can you imagine if Price had started and had let in a softie..... nightmare stuff.

Little to gain and a tonne to lose. Good decision by Therrien.

and as was pointed out by the CBC guys Budaj was 8 , 1 and 1 this year. Now that's a backup.

I'm such a happy little camper tonight.. it could have been so baaaaad... and then all that packing....

I just love the pressure this puts on the broons, if they lose it hurts them if they tie it hurts them , i like them odds. Must win and the sens really need this game. GREAT. beat each other up. love it, hey maybe one of the broons goons could take out one of the sen goons (neil). All the goon squads kill each other and we do it with skill speed and hard work. Come on , it's a plan. :1banana::habslogo:

I was at the game.. GO HABS GO!

Some of my observations... The Kids can play. Every shift the kids got was exciting... all three were incredible and Eller was the best PLAYER on the ice.

The only two Habs that I thought played poorly were Ryder and Gorges. Both with not enough effort and some bad choices. Several times Gorges should have cleared the puck and didn't. Ryder looked uninterested.

Anyways, big win.. GO Sens. Not that I'd rather play the Sens, but I'd rather the Habs be the #2 seed.

Budaj might be the guy to play if we end up with the leafs. Seems to have their number.

Budaj played tonight? I didn't even know who was in net for Montreal. With the way we spent the last 40 minutes in the Leafs end, I didn't notice our goalie at all.

Has their number? They got 15 shots, and none particularly difficult. It was one of the best defensive games we've played all year.

• Upvote 1

Has their number? They got 15 shots, and none particularly difficult. It was one of the best defensive games we've played all year.

Great point there Commandant. One thing I noticed about our team this year is when they're on, they allow way less shots than last year. Last year we were consistently outshot. Lots of people said (especially early on) there were lots of bad shots from the perimeter, but I think over a season if you're consistently outshot you will consistently lose.

I hope we can play like that during the playoffs and we have a chance to go deep

Edit - when I say play like that, I mean this years A game effort, not last years lol

Budaj played tonight? I didn't even know who was in net for Montreal. With the way we spent the last 40 minutes in the Leafs end, I didn't notice our goalie at all.

He made several key saves at the right time. I also think the team plays different in front of him. I know you have a love on for Price, but he as struggled with the leafs. You could make a video " worst goals against Price" tape just with his games against the Leafs.

Budaj is 8-1-1, although I would give him another loss for the recent ame he was pulled in. Still, a good record. I was bashing the crap out of him early in the season, I am not a huge fan. I greatl prefer Price. That said, I am more then willing to play Budaj against Toronto if Price struggles again. I wouldn't hesitate to make the move if it helps us win. I am a Habs fan, not just a Price fan. The team comes first.

By the way, Budaj is pretty good against Boston too.

Again, I am not against starting Price, but I don't want to lose a series to Toronto if he struggles and people are afraid to pull him. If he as a great game against them, maybe if will get him on a roll, but if he is blown out I fear they will be in his head.

TorOHNO goalies have a combined zero playoff games played! Think about that. I want the Laughs first round to watch those guys crumble under the pressure.

Dryden, Roy and Ward also had zero playoff experience the year they won the conn smythe. Penny had zero playoff experience the year he took us to the semi-finals.

TorOHNO goalies have a combined zero playoff games played! Think about that. I want the Laughs first round to watch those guys crumble under the pressure.