End of season mea culpas!

The thing is that point wise DD really didn't have a bad year, just a weaker year than he did flying with Cole and Patches.

The sooner we move him to the wing the better. Eller deserves bigger minutes.

That said, Eller still needs to work on his faceoffs while DD pulled through by the end as good in the faceoff dot.

The key with Eller, for me, is that he stopped being a passenger. He finally realized that HE had to take charge out there and stop being Ringo in The Beatles ('just happy to be here!'). Some guys get it all along (Gallagher), others never get it (AK 47) and some grow into it (Pleks, Eller).

I'm not as anxious to give up on DD as some around here. We have to recognize that players go through tough stretches and not throw them on the scrap pile every time it happens (look at Lucic's struggles this season). Desharnais may turn it around, he may not; but the guy we saw last year is a legitimate NHL player and could help our team. Next year will determine his future IMHO.

Like he said.

My analysis job is sooooo easy.

I hope we see some media mea culpas at the end of the playoffs. Many of them picked us 11th or worse out of the 16 teams in the playoffs. Apparently being 2nd in the east is meaningless.

While I don't see us winning a cup, how are we worse then Detroit or the Blues? I would put us somewhere around the bruins at 4th or 5th. I would say Chicago, Anaheim, and the Pens are the top three.

I hope we can make the conference final at least.

The thing is that point wise DD really didn't have a bad year, just a weaker year than he did flying with Cole and Patches.

The sooner we move him to the wing the better. Eller deserves bigger minutes.

That said, Eller still needs to work on his faceoffs while DD pulled through by the end as good in the faceoff dot.

The better we move him to another team I'd say.

I still don't think that he is fast enough to beat a dman or that his shot is strong enough to beat a goalie from the wing.