Latendresse - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Smith - Neil
Conacher - Pageau - Condra
Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Gonchar
Phillips - Benoit

Anderson/Lehner

Not Expected to Play

Scratches: Benoit, Kassian, Lundin, Hoffman, Regin, O'Brien, Gryba    Injured: Spezza

Montreal Canadiens (0-1-0) Forwards Defence & Goalies
extralarge.png Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - Desharnais - Dumont
White - Halpern - Armstrong
Markov - Subban
Gorges - 'Player 61'
Bouillon - Tinordi

Price/Budaj

Not Expected to Play

Scratches: Kaberle, Weber, Blunden, Drewiske, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Mayer, Tokarski, Leblanc, Nokelainen, Bournival    Injured: Emelin, Eller, Gionta, Pacioretty

Scoring Leaders Ottawa Montreal
Goals
Assists
PIMS
4 tied with (1)
Mika Zibanejad (2)
4 tied with (2)
Karlsson/Methot (+3)
Eric Gryba (15)
Bourque/Gallagher (1)
4 tied with (1)
6 tied with (1)
Desharnais/Pacioretty (+1)
Brandon Prust (4)
Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC, CNBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I hope tonight, price wins it for the habs. For gods sake show why you're making 6.5 mill a year. Also hope chuky transitions back to center well.

By the way I just recently signed up, love reading the blog!

Ok, we tried shirtless men, and that didn't work..... so I've got a new strategy tonight.

Catherine, wearing her Carey Price jersey, to inspire him to a better performance tonight.

catherine10.jpg?o=1&id=0&res=321&h=a441v

• Upvote 1

As Jedi Knights are prone to say, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Three things need to happen. One, Price needs to excel from pole to pole. No excuses, no questionable goals. He needs to be the guy he is supposed to be. Period. Two, Eller's contribution needs to be made up for by DD or Galy or both. Finally, we can't have anybody playing like Diaz did.

But I don't know. I'm afraid the Eller hit may be psychologically decisive, and in the wrong direction.

As Jedi Knights are prone to say, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Three things need to happen. One, Price needs to excel from pole to pole. No excuses, no questionable goals. He needs to be the guy he is supposed to be. Period. Two, Eller's contribution needs to be made up for by DD or Galy or both. Finally, we can't have anybody playing like Diaz did.

But I don't know. I'm afraid the Eller hit may be psychologically decisive, and in the wrong direction.

I think they rally for Eller now. It was tough watching that and was deflating for the third period. Now they see him recovering and win it for Lars.

See Bruins/Canucks and the impact of the Horton hit... deflating in the game it happened... Bruins run Canucks out of the rink in 4 of the next 5 to win it for Horton.

I think they rally for Eller now. It was tough watching that and was deflating for the third period. Now they see him recovering and win it for Lars.

See Bruins/Canucks and the impact of the Horton hit... deflating in the game it happened... Bruins run Canucks out of the rink in 4 of the next 5 to win it for Horton.

I hope you're right. Personally I'm still deflated, but maybe the team isn't.

The Bruins were a bit different from us -_- in that they were a physically punishing team whose natural response to seeing one of their guys crushed was to go and out-crush the opposition. Since we're not built that way, I worry about the implications psychologically of seeing a teammate completely physically demolished. We'll see.

And all of this assumes Price manages not to stink out the joint again. If he does, the team's mental state will be irrelevant.

EDIT: is it true Gio and MaxPac will be out tonight with injuries??? Help!!!!

I just got an RDS app alert that Gionta and MaxPac will not be playing tonight. Did Therrien just scratch his captain? I didn't notice him getting injured or bumped yesterday. Max played like shit, so i can see that as being a message.

Line 1 : Hit&Grind 60 secs

Line 2 : Passing Play 50 secs

Line 3 : Run&Gun 50 secs

Line 4 : Hit&Grind 30 secs

PP : Crash the net

PP2 : Crash the ing net

I'm fine with both Gionta and Max being out...scratched or hurt. Both play like crap more often than not...only the Eller loss concerns me.

Oh, and Carey Price...VERY concerned. He lets in a softie, he needs to be pulled immediately...short leash tonight if Therrien has any sense.

Line 1 : Hit&Grind 60 secs

Line 2 : Passing Play 50 secs

Line 3 : Run&Gun 50 secs

Line 4 : Hit&Grind 30 secs

PP : Crash the net

PP2 : Crash the ######ing net

Amen!

I'm fine with both Gionta and Max being out...scratched or hurt. Both play like crap more often than not...only the Eller loss concerns me.

Oh, and Carey Price...VERY concerned. He lets in a softie, he needs to be pulled immediately...short leash tonight if Therrien has any sense.

Hope you're kidding.

We're in VERY deep trouble.

I would argue they need to score more than twice.

Diaz and Gorges were really soft and poor in their own end, but defensively as a team i thought they were allright.

I'm not sure how Gionta or Pacs was injured, neither one is involved in any physical play that i could see. I wonder what that does to the lines.

AG Pleks Gally

Bourque DD Ryder

Prust Halpern Armstrong

Moen White Dumont

The way people give up after game one in a playoff series makes me wonder how many series people have been through.

Ain't just this board either.

If I told you going in that we would be missing Gionta, Pacioretty and Eller, and that Price would play poorly, you'd have been pessimistic too. Rational analysis says we will lose. Of course we could end up defying the odds. But pessimism *is* the rational option at this point.

If I told you going in that we would be missing Gionta, Pacioretty and Eller, and that Price would play poorly, you'd have been pessimistic too. Rational analysis says we will lose. Of course we could end up defying the odds. But pessimism *is* the rational option at this point.

I love when people mention "rational" in sports. Being rational in sports means you don't pick a favourite team and just support the team you think has the best chance to win the Championship. There is no such thing as a rational fan.

Things look bleak but sports, no matter how much people try to make them, are not a calculation. Absolutely anything can happen. As my dad always said, "You never know if the goalie just got dumped by his girlfriend and is about to play with a major brain distraction."

I love when people mention "rational" in sports. Being rational in sports means you don't pick a favourite team and just support the team you think has the best chance to win the Championship. There is no such thing as a rational fan.

Things look bleak but sports, no matter how much people try to make them, are not a calculation. Absolutely anything can happen. As my dad always said, "You never know if the goalie just got dumped by his girlfriend and is about to play with a major brain distraction."

You're confusing two issues. One is love for and loyalty to the team. The other is an analysis of how you expect that team to do (which is where being "rational" comes in). It is perfectly possible to cheer for your team and be loyal to it while still admitting that it's in tough and that the odds are against it winning.

And right now, the odds are against us winning.

If that's the case, then a website like this isn't for you. We're missing an entire line tonight. Sure, somebody from the Sens could fall in the shower, or hurt his finger in the door of a taxi. A "rational" analysis of our chances tonight says we're in tough, to say the least.

This game is going to be great. This morning Prust told the media he hopes Gryba doesn't even get suspended. We can all guess why. Gonna be a rough night at the bell center tonight!

Dumont needs to headhunt Turris now to even things up.

P.S. Prust called MacLean a "bug-eyed fat walrus." Found that inappropriate yet funny.