Game 2, Sens vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Line 1 : Hit&Grind 60 secs

Line 2 : Passing Play 50 secs

Line 3 : Run&Gun 50 secs

Line 4 : Hit&Grind 30 secs

Careful now, that's a line violation (2 H&G) that if caught could result in 4x60 R&G for the next game.

Bring in Danny Kristo!

Kristo's on the other side of the world right now preparing for the States' first game against Austria tomorrow.

if ott can win games without anderson, karlson spezza and michalek im sure we can do the same without eller patch gio and emelin.

inspired hockey is what we need and lights out defending and goaltending!!

Price's moment is now!

• Upvote 1

If that's the case, then a website like this isn't for you. We're missing an entire line tonight. Sure, somebody from the Sens could fall in the shower, or hurt his finger in the door of a taxi. A "rational" analysis of our chances tonight says we're in tough, to say the least.

I agree it's a tough challenge, but people are acting like the entire series is already lost and that's just ridiculous. Four out of seven.

Not going to lie, if true, the loss of Pacioretty and Gionta is a bit... irritating. But as the cliche goes, this gives a chance for other players (like Ryder) to step up.

I'm already getting excited for this game. I expect good things from the team once again; we just need to find a way to get a few by Anderson. Go Habs Go!

I think they're benched, and they're just keeping it quiet to the media. In the playoffs, if you aren't hurt like Eller, you play, especially after losing the first game. Maybe not Gionta, but I think Pacioretty is benched.

So with two players legitimately hurt (Gionta did miss time last night so him out doesn't surprise me), now, instead of during the regular season, they'd choose to bench him? Obviously it's a possibility since the specifics are unknown but I'd be shocked and quite upset if they were making him a healthy scratch.

The reason we just lost an entire line is because Ottawa came out and hit, hit, hit. Three guys out, one indefinitely. One is a borderline hit, but the others were all clean.

Ottawa seems to understand that intensity goes up and,the playoffs are a grind. I bet they would have been okay losing last night while taking an entire Montreal line out of action. With Price giving them an easy win, they are laughing.

I don't want to be dirty, but if the grinders don't go out tonight with a mission to brutalize the top players from Ottawa, this series will be over quick. They need to wear down guys like Karlsson by nailing him every time he touches the puck. If White happens to crash into Anderson while driving the net hard, so be it.

Ottawa clearly doesn't plan on winning this with finesse, but the Habs seemed to think they can.

By the way, keep hearing how that was a clean hit on Eller. I think it was a blindside target to the head. The guy looked right at him and drove up right into his head with his shoulder. Any hit where the checker flies by right through a guy means he didnt hit square. They keep saying " he took the body", but had he really taken the body, it would have been a two guys slamming together, not one guy brushing the body but getting all of the head.

I suspect that will be deemed legal, which means we need to be looking for Ottawa guys with their heads down and do the same thing. Don't hit clean, hit on an angle so the energy is all high from the shoulder.

By the way, I see Ottawa winning easily tonight since we are so short handed and Price is a basket case. If Pacs and Gionta come back for game three, we might grind out one win in Ottawa. At this point, we will only win the way Ottawa did during the season... Third and fourth line guys need to step up and Price needs to unbeatable.

By the way, anyone else find it funny that Ottawa keeps going on about it being a clean hit, while many of them were convinced Matt Cooke purposely took out Karlsson. Lol

So with two players legitimately hurt (Gionta did miss time last night so him out doesn't surprise me), now, instead of during the regular season, they'd choose to bench him? Obviously it's a possibility since the specifics are unknown but I'd be shocked and quite upset if they were making him a healthy scratch.

I agree, no one was benched in the playoffs after the team gets 50 shots. Do some of them need to drive the net harder, or hit more, sure. Benching? Nonsense.

The series isn't over. It's one game. Gionta isn't a big loss. Pacs the way he played game 1 isn't a big loss either. Eller is the big loss. Someone else jst needs to step up. They have enough offense. Maybe this line will play more north south and crash the net more. Pound the Sens D.

Ottawa isn't a great offensive team and can be beat. They have a red hot goalie.

Price needs to pull it together, don't go looking for revenge and play to win the game.

By the way, Anderson lost a tooth on that hit to the mask last night and didn't miss a beat.

I am currently watching hockey central where they show Prusts comments out of context.. No mention that he is responding to McLeans rather callous comments on the hit.

Prust did say, "I hope they don't suspend him", which worries me. We don't need to lose Eller and Prust to a suspension. We need to hit hard and legal on their top players. Take two guys in and cream Karlsson, but running around after a useless player like Gryba won't help.

Gryba got suspended for two games so don't worry about that happening.

Subban seemed the most angry on the bench. I really have to wonder what he's going to do. Subban has shown no fear of lining a guy up. If Conacher has his head away from the play, I wouldn't be surprised to see Subban knock him back into the 1920s.

Can someone explain why Diaz is in the lineup? He got one of our top guys destroyed with a suicide pass and also made some terrible plays that lead to goals. Put Drewiske in

Can someone explain why Diaz is in the lineup? He got one of our top guys destroyed with a suicide pass and also made some terrible plays that lead to goals. Put Drewiske in

A couple of reasons come to mind. The first is that it's not wise to overreact and pull a top-4 regular out for a bad game - even if it was particularly ugly. The second is that you can't have half the defence corps only capable of playing 16 or fewer minutes. Bouillon needs to be scaled back, Tinordi is only going to see 12-14, and Drewiske is in that area too. That means we'd see Markov playing upwards of 26-28 minutes to compensate and that's way too much. I wouldn't be upset to see Drewiske dressed but I'd like to see him as a 7th D. With the lines all messed up, this would be the night to try it; doing so would allow someone like Markov to get some extra rest 5-on-5 which is needed.

He didnt see Gryba, and he is not terrible. The killer second goal was nothing to do with him, he wasnt on the ice. The third goal was nothing to do with him. He wasnt on the ice for the fourth. Gorges was by far the worse D out there.

So after Diaz comes out hot at the start and kicks off our season with stellar play, people have decided to make him the scapegoat for all our ills? He is the only reason our second PP unit has a chance.

Gorges was the worst Dman last night.. He really needs to find his game if Montreal has a chance.

It's Price or bust.. He'll be the reason we win or lose.

Go Habs Go!

Last night was a tough game to watch in person; the Eller hit really seemed to shake the entire fan base and the building went weirdly quiet. Now that the players have had a day to compose their empotions, I think they'll be ready for Anderson tonight. I agree with posters who say that Gorges and Diaz were awful in game 1, but Price has to make super human saves once in a while. All NHL team's defenses make mistakes, the elite goalies bail them out. Price needs to be better than Anderson. It's obvious I know, but still worth stating.

I am outraged at, to quote Prust "that bug eyed walrus" and his comments. I will once again put my neck on line here and tell you what my game plan is tonight if I am MT. The win isn't important, if we take out a couple key players we still win in 6. Give White the nod to "tap Carlson on the ankle". After all, it is just a good "old time" hockey play and things like that are part of the game. Right Paul? Maybe PK can "misfire" a slap off it? I expect I will get a talking to or worse for bringing up a deliberate injury, but we have been on the receiving end of what I have considered deliberate injuries for too many years. I am still pissed that we didn't retaliate for Koivu's eye. That lack of team support is not good. Time to make a show that we don't take that crap. I would dress Armstrong and White and Blunden and set the stage.

You will remember my wife is a Hens fan. 1st time we go through a playoff and this %&$@ goes down. I am watching in a different room tonight.

Win this one for Eller and make them pay.

"Here's another clue for you all. The Walrus was Paul" The Beatles were right!!!! If I was Ottawa I'd be scared poopless tonight. Prust is primed to go, and when was the last time he went 2 straight games without a fight? BSP! BSP BSP! Brandon Something Prust. Great chant for the Bell!! (I can't find his real middle name,lol)

The reason we just lost an entire line is because Ottawa came out and hit, hit, hit. Three guys out, one indefinitely. One is a borderline hit, but the others were all clean.

Ottawa seems to understand that intensity goes up and,the playoffs are a grind. I bet they would have been okay losing last night while taking an entire Montreal line out of action. With Price giving them an easy win, they are laughing.

I don't want to be dirty, but if the grinders don't go out tonight with a mission to brutalize the top players from Ottawa, this series will be over quick. They need to wear down guys like Karlsson by nailing him every time he touches the puck. If White happens to crash into Anderson while driving the net hard, so be it.

Ottawa clearly doesn't plan on winning this with finesse, but the Habs seemed to think they can.

Need I remind you that we badly outplayed Ottawa in this game, so Ottawa's so-called strategy *did not work!!!* Our team played very well. Stop being so results oriented and realize that they won because of Anderson and we lost because of Price. Switch goalies in this game and we win 6 - 0. It really bugs me that people are putting down on how our team played when they played one of their best games of the season. They were stoned by Ottawa's goalie, not by Ottawa's style of play. (And please don't tell me that most of our shots were perimeter shots because they weren't. Anderson made many highlight-reel saves.)

It is a team game but... Can't win in football when the QB is bad; can't win in baseball when the pitcher is bad; can't win in hockey when the goalie is bad.

I am outraged at, to quote Prust "that bug eyed walrus" and his comments. I will once again put my neck on line here and tell you what my game plan is tonight if I am MT. The win isn't important, if we take out a couple key players we still win in 6. Give White the nod to "tap Carlson on the ankle". After all, it is just a good "old time" hockey play and things like that are part of the game. Right Paul? Maybe PK can "misfire" a slap off it? I expect I will get a talking to or worse for bringing up a deliberate injury, but we have been on the receiving end of what I have considered deliberate injuries for too many years. I am still pissed that we didn't retaliate for Koivu's eye. That lack of team support is not good. Time to make a show that we don't take that crap. I would dress Armstrong and White and Armstrong and set the stage.

You will remember my wife is a Hens fan. 1st time we go through a playoff and this %&$@ goes down. I am watching in a different room tonight.

Win this one for Eller and make them pay.

"Here's another clue for you all. The Walrus was Paul" The Beatles were right!!!! If I was Ottawa I'd be scared poopless tonight. Prust is primed to go, and when was the last time he went 2 straight games without a fight? BSP! BSP BSP! Brandon Something Prust. Great chant for the Bell!! (I can't find his real middle name,lol)

I don't want to see our team play goon hockey. I want to see us play exactly like we did last night and have Anderson come back down to Earth!!!

Yes a victory would be sweet, but how many years do we have to deal with key injuries to our team without making a stand? It seems to happen every playoff. At least the league handed out a stiff penalty, but a point should be made or the punishment of our players will continue.