Game 3, Habs vs Sens, 7 PM

dlbalr

There is one consolation.... Imagine if this stinker was against the leafs (and it could have been). The CBC, TSN, and sportsnet would be running highlight packs for weeks.

The CBC announcers were quite pro-Ottawa tonight. It was embarrassing for a national broadcast to be that one sided.

I was more concerned with the refs.

• Upvote 1

There is one consolation.... Imagine if this stinker was against the leafs (and it could have been). The CBC, TSN, and sportsnet would be running highlight packs for weeks.

I was more concerned with the refs.

In terms of bad calls, the only one that really stood out in terms of being unfair was the dive. All game long they were letting guys get away with too much after the whistle. Frankly, the brawl was inevitable. At least this team has enough grit and toughness to actually engage in a line brawl like that. I don't think we've been able to say that for quite awhile.

What an embarrassment. Our softness exposed once again. How many years has it been since we had a team that could defend themselves? This team can't play a series like this. Ottawa isn't even a tough team

I guess on the bright side Bergevin gets a first hand view of this team in the playoffs in his first year as GM. Now hopefully he sees the flaws and fixes them in the offseason. I just wish he didn't jump the gun on Desharnai and Bouillion I think there was no rush needed to sign either and we could've signed both for similiar value after the season. At least now he knows not to spend that cap space on Ryder.

can someone explain the instigation penalty to Subban???

They were pushing in shoving, but SUbban just dropped and starting punching. Throw in the fact that he initiated the fight wearing a face shield and it's a pretty clear cut call. I'm pretty surprised Gallagher didn't get one after he just went up to the Sen and punched him after Bourque elbowed him in the head. Anyone know if instigators can be reviewed by the league? If they are able to retroactively assess that, he may be out next game and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bourque get a call about that elbow.

I also question that people seem to think Montreal lost all those fights. What I saw was Sens punching a lot of helmets. I thought Cube got in the more solid shots in his fight and Tinordi seemed to hold his own after the initial punch to the face he got.

Right, Price has been every bit as good as Anderson :rolleyes: My goodness, the delusions people will tell themselves.

Gio has not impressed, but he's playing hurt and - frankly - has not been nearly as bad as some. I don't think he's the problem. The lack of a decent C after Pleks is much more significant, for instance, as is Patches' pathetic play. Pacioretty is a HUGE key for us and he has been the Invisible Man all series.

Price has not been consistent and needs to provide stability, it may not be fair, but the goalie is the last line of defence.

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, I don't want Gio and Moen (and of course Kaberle) back next year. I would also try and move DD if they can - but under no circumstance should he be a centre anymore.

I think we need a more vocal leader until some of our kids grow up. We have a solid group of kids in Gallegher, Galchenyuk, Subban, Maxpac, Tinordi and Eller. SOme good players that should be hitting their prime in Emelin and Price and some quiet leaders in Markov and Pleks and some good grit in White and Prust and despite my lack of faith in Bourque, he has shown enough to give him another look next year. What we need though is someone to help the group mesh together better.

In terms of bad calls, the only one that really stood out in terms of being unfair was the dive. All game long they were letting guys get away with too much after the whistle. Frankly, the brawl was inevitable. At least this team has enough grit and toughness to actually engage in a line brawl like that. I don't think we've been able to say that for quite awhile.

What about the uncalled cross check to the head of SUbban by Conacher to start the game. I think that set the tone for the game.

Where is the veterans like the captain #21 & assistant captain #14 a no show for the first 3 games!!

Pleks hasn't contributed offensively, but he has been solid defensviely and was key to our PK successes in game 2.

• Upvote 1

What about the uncalled cross check to the head of SUbban by Conacher to start the game. I think that set the tone for the game.

I've given up on being upset about cross-checking non-calls, regardless of the location. It's ridiculous how much players are allowed to get away with on a consistent basis.

I did love in the Subban fight how when it got to the ice, he went totally MMA on Turris. Thew some punches from half guard before get full mount and landing a few more, haha. Still, he never should have gotten in that fight knowing Cube and TInordi were already ejected.

One of them is playing hurt... how hurt, we don't know.

If Gionta isn't healthy enough to be a factor he shouldn't be playing. Same goes with Maxpac. I'm a big maxpac fan, but he has been invisible to awful in this series.

I've given up on being upset about cross-checking non-calls, regardless of the location. It's ridiculous how much players are allowed to get away with on a consistent basis.

I did love in the Subban fight how when it got to the ice, he went totally MMA on Turris. Thew some punches from half guard before get full mount and landing a few more, haha. Still, he never should have gotten in that fight knowing Cube and TInordi were already ejected.

I don't think it mattered. I was pissed at the ref pulling him off Turris. If I was MT, i would have forced DD, Maxpac and Ryder to play defense. maybe they would have actually worked up a sweat.

My main concern right now is who if anyone gets suspended for game 4. Bourque could definitly get called for his elbow.

he has got the suspension history. I believe he was suspended 2 or 3 times while playing for Calgary.

If Gionta isn't healthy enough to be a factor he shouldn't be playing. Same goes with Maxpac. I'm a big maxpac fan, but he has been invisible to awful in this series.

I'd still rather have them than Dumont.... Gionta scores that breakaway or his earlier rush at the start of the game and we are talking a different story here.

Bourque deserves a suspension IMO... Unfortunate but true.

I'd still rather have them than Dumont.... Gionta scores that breakaway or his earlier rush at the start of the game and we are talking a different story here.

It would figure that we'd lose one of our only effective FWds :rolleyes:

That Gio had chances suggests he is not that far off. Patches is the real culprit in my book, as far as no-shows go up front. Desharnais is also a no-show, but that has unfortunately become par for the course.

I would have kept Halpern in the lineup. He earned it with his effort in game 2. Like i said earlier, with Bourque's suspension history, i wouldn't be surprised if he is suspended either.

Anyway, like i said earlier, regardless of how we do, i want some major changes in getting rid of Gionta, Moen (Big, but not overly physical) and Kaberle (probably gone anyways). I'd give DD a shot at wing, but otherwise move him.

I'd also see if we can get a good young players from the oilers for a package including Gorges. I'd like our D to get bigger. Tinordi, Emelin and Subban are a good start. But we need some more size on the back-end.

Amen brother! But it's a sad day when you're watching Mad Men to cheer up! :lol:

I hadn't thought of that! NOW I'm depressed.

I'll go back to reading "Socrates meets Hume"..it's pretty exciting and Socrates is winning with no rough stuff. :hyper:

My main concern right now is who if anyone gets suspended for game 4. Bourque could definitly get called for his elbow.

Between that and the crosscheck on Conacher that was somewhere around the midway mark of the 3rd (I don't even remember if it was called even). Given the sum of his actions, I could see him getting a hearing for sure. I think White will too since his two handed slash connected - we all note that if it misses, nothing can be done but his did get the Ottawa centre (Smith?). Given that he's just coming back from suspension, I would presume he'll get a hearing as well.

MacLean hinted after the game that he expected multiple Habs to face Shanahan but those are the two in particular that stood out to me. I can't think of any other specific incident - the line brawl was what it was, they all got tossed and that's all it should be. Prust was running around a bit towards the end but I don't think his crosscheck on Conacher before the fight with Gallagher was enough, nor was the fake running of Anderson at the end.

As for Fanpuck's question about whether or not an instigator can be assessed after the fact, I honestly don't know. I suppose that could be another thing Shanahan could look at.

It's funny, I was more saddened after Game 1 - by the time the buzzer sounded, I was pretty much over this one (other than fearing for supplementary discipline). This team seems to bounce back well after really rough nights - I'd say this was a really rough night. I've got confidence they can bounce back.

You know, you're right. If their guy had thrown that elbow, I'd have been screaming and calling him a lowlife. .. but when MY guy does it.. I say tsk..tsk.. and forget about it. He does deserve a suspension. Human psychology .. my own.. is pretty scary.

ok so do all of you who think we should fight our way into cup understand we cant play like this and win? Speed skill and hard work. That's how we win. I don't know what the hell was going on out there tonite but we got hit early and often and lost our composure. Win the fing series not the fights. Pk did not help the cause. He needs to grow up and understand they get to check you to. You do not under any circumstances start fighting with your team mates on the ice. Stuff happens grow up. Right now now the good thing is they have been totally and completely humiliated. Thank you Fat Bug Eyed Walrus. Now they need to go out put their work boots and big boy pants on and play their game. They got suckered and they fell for it. THIS is where Therrien earns his money. Put this team back together. And fast.Nobody will be suspended in this game cause no injuries (just my opinnion) watch that turkey Shanahan prove me wrong. :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :hammer::habslogo:

Between that and the crosscheck on Conacher that was somewhere around the midway mark of the 3rd (I don't even remember if it was called even). Given the sum of his actions, I could see him getting a hearing for sure. I think White will too since his two handed slash connected - we all note that if it misses, nothing can be done but his did get the Ottawa centre (Smith?). Given that he's just coming back from suspension, I would presume he'll get a hearing as well.

MacLean hinted after the game that he expected multiple Habs to face Shanahan but those are the two in particular that stood out to me. I can't think of any other specific incident - the line brawl was what it was, they all got tossed and that's all it should be. Prust was running around a bit towards the end but I don't think his crosscheck on Conacher before the fight with Gallagher was enough, nor was the fake running of Anderson at the end.

As for Fanpuck's question about whether or not an instigator can be assessed after the fact, I honestly don't know. I suppose that could be another thing Shanahan could look at.

It's funny, I was more saddened after Game 1 - by the time the buzzer sounded, I was pretty much over this one (other than fearing for supplementary discipline). This team seems to bounce back well after really rough nights - I'd say this was a really rough night. I've got confidence they can bounce back.

This will take one hell of a bounce... Indian rubber at least.

ok so do all of you who think we should fight our way into cup understand we cant play like this and win? Speed skill and hard work. That's how we win. I don't know what the hell was going on out there tonite but we got hit early and often and lost our composure. Win the fing series not the fights. Pk did not help the cause. He needs to grow up and understand they get to check you to. You do not under any circumstances start fighting with your team mates on the ice. Stuff happens grow up. Right now now the good thing is they have been totally and completely humiliated. Thank you Fat Bug Eyed Walrus. Now they need to go out put their work boots and big boy pants on and play their game. They got suckered and they fell for it. THIS is where Therrien earns his money. Put this team back together. And fast.Nobody will be suspended in this game cause no injuries (just my opinnion) watch that turkey Shanahan prove me wrong. :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :hammer::habslogo:

Tuesday will be one interesting day.