Game 3, Habs vs Sens, 7 PM

dlbalr

We're asking for Price to be pulled so we rest him for next game. No need to see him get injured at this stage of the game.

Alas, I don't think six minutes' rest will really make all that much difference ...

Again with the Price stuff? Because scoring one goal should be enough to win playoff games.

The ONLY p;ayers who have shown up this series is Bourque, GAlly, Gally, Subban, ro some extent Prust. That's it. Tinordi has been ok and has been physical.

Once again, quitters never win, winners never quit.

Where is all the high priced players, leaders and character?

DD out, Halpern in.

I haven't even noticed Pacs or Gionta. They should have stayed in the press box.

The good news is MB and MT gets a real good look at the keepersand who needs to go next year.

.They were completely manhandled in all areas tonight. They can't protect the middle of the ice, they can't get to the middle of the ice.

Do i think they are done, No, But MT needs to find some players who want to play hard.

People have called all those guys out. That is not an excuse for terrible goals that suck the energy out of the team by our supposed top player.

The sens are not easy to score on, we need to be able to win a low scoring game, which won't happen if Price lets in weak goals. We dominated game one and lost because of Price. Price was good in the second game and the boys were great. Tonight, the team has sucked and Priced joined them. Still, we were in it until that third goal, which is the kind your $6.5M goalie is suppose to have in a playoff game.

... not that I really know much about the game tonight. On vacation in the south, no TV coverage, so I'm relying on this forum and nhl.com to figure out what's going on.

Alas, I don't think six minutes' rest will really make all that much difference ...

??? you never know when a player will get injured.

However for a tired goalie in a 3-5 PK, sliding from post to post back and forth, the risk of pulling his groin increases a lot

Again with the Price stuff? Because scoring one goal should be enough to win playoff games.

The ONLY p;ayers who have shown up this series is Bourque, GAlly, Gally, Subban, ro some extent Prust. That's it. Tinordi has been ok and has been physical.

DD out, Halpern in.

I haven't even noticed Pacs or Gionta. They should have stayed in the press box.

The good news is MB and MT gets a real good look at the keepersand who needs to go next year.

.They were completely manhandled in all areas tonight. They can't protect the middle of the ice, they can't get to the middle of the ice.

Do i think they are done, No, But MT needs to find some players who want to play hard.

That third goal was the killer, and all too typical of Price when he's not on his game. Anderson stops that. So yes, although the Sens were the better team tonight in every department, Price can legitimately be blamed for letting in a crushing and stoppable go-ahead-goal. It's the playoffs. You CAN'T let that in.

I didn't understand taking out Halpern. Guys like that usually raise their game in the playoffs. A minor point, but if DD were to come out and Halpern to go in as you suggest, I'd be fine with that. Desharnais has been useless, proving all the skeptics right (too small, too slow).

Pacioretty, to me, is obviously playing hurt. He is a shadow of himself. Markov has been a shadow of himself all season long, but has anyone else noticed that he seems to be getting off ZERO shots from the point in this series? Pleks had some moments, but we suffered tonight from the lack of a 1-2 punch down the middle (Eller).

PK did not have a particularly good night for whatever reason. But what's worrying me is that between Patches, Gio, Bourque, Prust and whoever else playing hurt, we may just have too many guys trying to fight through injuries to be able to carry the series.

C'est la vie. Regroup, make adjustments and come back as strong as you can.

We're asking for Price to be pulled so we rest him for next game. No need to see him get injured at this stage of the game.

Exactly... His confidence is shaky enough without leaving his in this mess... Lucky Ottawa took it easy on the 5-3.

And there is the sixth goal Price didnt need against him. Why Therrien left him in is beyond me.

??? you never know when a player will get injured.

However for a tired goalie in a 3-5 PK, sliding from post to post back and forth, the risk of pulling his groin increases a lot

Yes, the injury risk is a valid point. A few minutes rest, not so much, I think. I doubt exhaustion is Price's main problem anyway.

DD out, Halpern in.

Part of the issue is that MT has made terrible decisions on how he has managed his personnel tonight. I haven't been happy with the free passes given to DD, Gionta, MaxPac, Ryder for the past couple of weeks. No reason why Pleks should be getting top PP time either. He has been great on the PK and even strength, but really has been weak on the PP.

Halpern should have been in the lineup tonight - he was a key guy last game.

I disagree about Price though, yes they only scored one goal. But he let in a weak goal before the wheels came off the bus.

If i'm MT, i don't let Maxpac and DD of the ice. maybe the actually work up a sweat.

Yep. Now the narrative is once again, 'shaky Price can't deliver in the clutch.' Terrible psychology for the whole franchise.

But if that really is the MT narrative, then you have to go to Budaj for the next game. Otherwise it would make no sense. (I don't know that Budaj would have won the game for us, either, when we only scored a single goal, though.)

If i'm MT, i don't let Maxpac and DD of the ice. maybe the actually work up a sweat.

Like I said above, Patches really looks like he's playing hurt. Desharnais, he's been dubious all season, so I don't know his excuse.

Price let in that killer third goal, he deserves to wear his share of this mess.

Maclean called a timeout with less than a minute left??? Seriously? Wow, no respect.

Like I said above, Patches really looks like he's playing hurt. Desharnais, he's been dubious all season, so I don't know his excuse.

Price let in that killer third goal, he deserves to wear his share of this mess.

If that's the case. MaxPac shoudn't habe been playing. I still am not sure if Gionta also played tonight. We need a new captain next year.

1) If Turris didn’t want to fight, he shouldn’t be throwing Crosschecks after the whistle in a 5-1 game that just had 5 fights.

2) If a team scores 1 goal, and leaves the goalie hung out to dry on 5/6 goals against, you have bigger issues than 1 bad goal on the goalie.

3) Big Goal, Do that Big Fist Pump up 5 goals with 2 minutes left…. add to that the timeout with 1 minute left and there is your Bulletin Board Material you punks.

We were in this game for two periods. Price lets in a stinker, then Gio fails to score on the breakaway...that was it. The third makes it look far more horrible than it really was (no duh), but without question we had way too many passengers tonight. Like I say, I'm worried a lot of 'em are playing hurt.

I'm not trying to saddle this all on Price, not at all, but you CANNOT let a team score a soft goal at a key time like that in a grind-em-out game like this, not with your team trying to come from behind. The wheels came off AFTER that goal. I've had it with excuses for Price or attempts to put his so-so play 'into perspective.' The team wasn't good enough, but - emphatically - neither was he.

Now we will probably get the CBC love in of the sens and go over how dysfunctional Subban is with his teammates.

1) If Turris didn’t want to fight, he shouldn’t be throwing Crosschecks after the whistle in a 5-1 game that just had 5 fights.

2) If a team scores 1 goal, and leaves the goalie hung out to dry on 5/6 goals against, you have bigger issues than 1 bad goal on the goalie.

3) Big Goal, Do that Big Fist Pump up 5 goals with 2 minutes left…. add to that the timeout with 1 minute left and there is your Bulletin Board Material you punks.

Price should have been pulled after the 3rd or 4th goal. If for no other reason then a momentum change.

I still don't get the Subban instigator penalty they were both mixing it up, so Subban dropped the gloves.

We were in this game for two periods. Price lets in a stinker, then Gio fails to score on the breakaway...that was it. The third makes it look far more horrible than it really was (no duh), but without question we had way too many passengers tonight. Like I say, I'm worried a lot of 'em are playing hurt.

That Gionta failed breakaway hurt a lot.