Scratches:

Injuries:

Goals: Borque, Gallagher (2)

Assists: Plec, Subban, Galchenyuk (2)

+/-: Desharnais (+2)

GAME NOTES
Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST

TV: RDSHD, CBC

I'll go with the same 3 keys to the game.

relentless forecheck.

relentless back check.

Stay out of the box.

i'll add showing up in the third period. They have been outscored 7-0 in the third.

If someone could tell DD, Pacs, Ryder, Markov amoungst others that the playoffs have started that would help.

Oh, and stop the whinning and excuses. I believe the motto was "No Excuses" all season long

I for one wouldn't mind seeing Desharnais in the press box for this one. Best players need to play and I'm not sure he's one of our best 12 forwards right now.

• Upvote 1

I for one wouldn't mind seeing Desharnais in the press box for this one. Best players need to play and I'm not sure he's one of our best 12 forwards right now.

I been advocating for this for the last month. His faceoff % went up, but it sounds like he was cheating a little. MacLean brought it to the attention of the officials before Game 1. Since then he's getting tossed out 5+ times a game. The only time I noticed him in the last 3 games was being tossed out of the faceoff dot. A player of his skillset really needs to be notice alot more in the offensive zone. Averaging 17 minutes a game and has yet to have a shot on net on a team that gets 30+ shots a game.

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Ryder - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Prust - Halpern - Armstrong

Moen - White - Dumont

Only way I'd let Desharnais play if it was between Chucky and Gallagher then sit Dumont.

I been advocating for this for the last month. His faceoff % went up, but it sounds like he was cheating a little. MacLean brought it to the attention of the officials before Game 1. Since then he's getting tossed out 5+ times a game. The only time I noticed him in the last 3 games was being tossed out of the faceoff dot. A player of his skillset really needs to be notice alot more in the offensive zone. Averaging 17 minutes a game and has yet to have a shot on net on a team that gets 30+ shots a game.

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Ryder - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Prust - Halpern - Armstrong

Moen - White - Dumont

Only way I'd let Desharnais play if it was between Chucky and Gallagher then sit Dumont.

Yark. AT LEAST put Pacthes in instead of Dumont. At the very least.

Is he officially out for tonight's game ?

Yark. AT LEAST put Pacthes in instead of Dumont. At the very least.

Is he officially out for tonight's game ?

Sadly Patches hasn't been playing any better than Desharnais.

I read on another site White and Gionta are out.

Which I guess means Halpern and Dumont in.

Infortunately DD would be in. I'm not sure who else they have?

Gionta out might be a positive the way he has played.

This definitely is a must win game. Discipline and speed are the keys. I watched LA and the Blues last night and came away thinking... Both those teams would hit us into paste. Watching those guys make every hit possible, drive right through guys trying to get at the puck... Wow.

If some of our guys could show that level of compete, we could destroy the Sens. If they continue to duck the hits then slash guys, they will lose.

Infortunately DD would be in. I'm not sure who else they have?

Leblanc, Blunden, Bournival, and Nokelainen. Frankly I'd have Bournival in over Dumont, at least he could take a penalty kill shift if need be (given how little Dumont played in Game 2, I can't see the coaches using him shorthanded).

Guest Stogey24

Wow, doesn't look like a playoff teams lineup. Basically two fourth lines. Scares me a bit

I'll try to find updated lines a little later.

I'm guessing they'd go with the following:

Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Moen

Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Armstrong - Halpern - Dumont

Depending on the situation, I could see Armstrong and Moen flipped (Armstrong was on the front line in Game 2 for a while).

As for bad news (in case the thought of Armstrong in a top-6 role doesn't scare you enough), our good buddy Tim Peel is calling tonight's game. (Brad Meier is the other ref.) After the 'extracurriculars' from Game 3, I'm not sure Tim Peel is the appropriate response from the league.

back to basics.... work boots on (fore check and back check) big boy pants on( stop whining and cheap-shoting clean legal hits and lots of them) Use the speed and skill that the great pumpkin gave you to get to the front of the net and score goals. NO EXCUSES nuff said :habslogo:

Doesn't matter how it looks on paper, That was the lineup that won game 2. White out Patches in is the only difference.

That's a huge change considering Patch has been to softest forward on the team so far.

Why don't they call up someone besides dumont?

They do have 4 others up already with the team. I suspect that Leblanc, Bournival, and Nokelainen are last resort (and then some) options. They have Blunden but he hasn't played in over a month so I would imagine that would shy the coaches away from using him. I said this for Game 2 as well but I wouldn't have minded a 7th d-man instead, especially if Dumont's going to see comparable ice time (a whole two shifts per period).

Guest Stogey24

That's what I mean. Dumont honestly had like two shifts. I would give nokalienin a shot. Not bad on the draw. Hard to beilieve he was a first rounder. What a shame.

That's what I mean. Dumont honestly had like two shifts. I would give nokalienin a shot. Not bad on the draw. Hard to beilieve he was a first rounder. What a shame.

Where in ontario are you from/living?