Game 4: Habs @ Sens - 7pm

bar

Team deserved better despite how the negative Nancy's here feel.

They played good enough to win, but not good enough to beat bad calls, bad bounces and untimely injuries.

People blaming Budaj coming in cold in OT have got to be kidding me.... Like he is the reason we are losing this series.

They played good enough to win, but not good enough to beat bad calls, bad bounces and untimely injuries.

Agreed. A few penalties for interference might have made this a 3-0 game.

Ha.. What a terrible goal... Season is over unless Price becomes the saviour

season is over. The way we lost tonight was the the old habs teams, not the team that surprised me this year. In these playoffs, its been mainly the old soft habs we've watched. Surprised me again in game 2, but unlike the 1st/3rd period warriers from the regular season, we have sucked in 3rd this whole series.

Terrible bench management by MT. Ryder has been the useless Ryder I remember form his last year. DD has been less effective then oleg petrov. Except for tonight, MaxPac seems to forget where the net is. Pleks while great defesnively, thinks you can score by putting the puck though Anderson's stomach. Bouillon, Diaz don't look like NHL dmen. Prust was over-played and looks like he his hurt now.

very tough loss. for a moment ther I thought that asshole coach from last year was back. Too famililiar. guys played a good game but gave it up in the 3rd. If price is out we are done. hey they did a lot better this year than we thought. good night :habslogo:

Diaz stood right in front of buds if your going to blame anyone

You cannot blame anyone other that the fargin zebras on this one. He CLEARLY angled his skate to redirect the puck in the event it missed his stick. Top it off with the bogus icing call mixed in with the lack of interference calls..

ARRRGHHHHHHHHHH

No Excuses.

Calls have been going against us all series. That is the coaches and GM's job to complain after the game. pay the fine.

Prust's stupid comments about not hoping there was as suspension, but a target on himself

Not playing the guys that are performing over old, lazy ass wusses is just plain stubborness and stupidity.

We are not out because price is out... Budaj played well enough for us this year.

We are out because we are one loss away and Gionta, Eller, white, Prust, and Price are hurt. (Emelin too). It is just too much.

Sens got healthy for the playoffs, we got injured.

No Excuses.

Calls have been going against us all series. That is the coaches and GM's job to complain after the game. pay the fine.

Prust's stupid comments about not hoping there was as suspension, but a target on himself

Not playing the guys that are performing over old, lazy ass wusses is just plain stubborness and stupidity.

There has been terrible non-calls on interference all series. Those are the kind of things coaches and GM's usually bring up in post game scrums. MT instead spent all his time talking about MacLean. It was appropriate after game 1. Not after game 3.

We are not out because price is out... Budaj played well enough for us this year.

We are out because we are one loss away and Gionta, Eller, white, Prust, and Price are hurt. (Emelin too). It is just too much.

Sens got healthy for the playoffs, we got injured.

sens are missing their top centre. Difference is that their coach played his kids when he needed to. He lost a game, sitting out some kids and playing them tonight rewarded him.

Agreed. A few penalties for interference might have made this a 3-0 game.

I said the exact quote after last game on this board but can't figure out how to paste it here. " Does anybody else find that Ottawa are interfering a lot and not getting called? "

I said the exact quote after last game on this board but can't figure out how to paste it here. " Does anybody else find that Ottawa are interfering a lot and not getting called? "

Again - why the fxcK aren't the habs talking about it???? Bieska called out a couple of the SJ players. Burke ALWAYS used to complain about the officiating when he was in Anaheim and Vancouver. Torterella and Babcock are coaches who would be bringing up the offiicating.

So, once again, the draft. How many French kids under 180 lbs will they take in the first three rounds? I say three.

The scouts to the QMJL Bergevin added are inspiring. Seeing as how French hockey has been declining since the hey-dey of Luc Robitaille.

Or, the habs could have shown up in the third period and played even. No one to blame but yourselves. They took there foot off the pedal in the sesond, cost them in the third.

Until these show some character, work ethic and smart hockey, they won't win.

I'm with everyone else on the Galchenyuk ice time, i can't explain it. I can't explain why DD keeps getting a pass and good minutes.

Sometimes when every bounce goes the others teams way, it just isn't meant to be. That tying goal was several bounces, including a perfect bounce pass off Prust for the goal. The winning goal is a lob shot that hits Diaz and in...

Shitty way to end the year in the first round, but as I said before, too many injuries now.

Apparently MB has officially complained to the supervising ref about the kicked goal and offside calls.

Maclean plays his kids with the game on the line and is rewarded.

Our kids give us the lead and MT nails their asses to the bench and goes with a bunch of lazy ass wusses who haven't been near Anderson most of the series. :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

GAME 3, after 2 periods:

1.Gallagher: 7:50 min.

2. Galchenyuk 8:20 min

Silverberg was already over 13:00 minutes, and all the others in double figures.

TONIGHT: where was Galchenyuk in the 3rd.

The Senators Rookies are getting it done as they are getting opportunity.

Cant win with DD being the 2nd or 3rd highest minutes played in any roster, much less the way he has been playing!

Injuries are mounting. and Since Eller's injury, the team has been battling an uphill battle.

Blame the missed calls all you want, end of day the team had opportunity and didnt take it, to atleast be at 2-2 series.

The team has come a long way this year. Its obvious there is a ways to go yet. Some missing pieces, more experience. and MT has to step up his coaching to playoff level!

Compared to some of the other teams /series going on, the current Habs are in the tier below the contenders at this stage.

BUT for crying outloud give ALEX some more playing time!! and demote DD!

Lessons learned for next year. All part of the rebuild.

I cannot put into words how crappy i feel right now. That being said, we did come back from 3-1 against the briuins before. It can be done, and budaj has been solid for us all year. Losing Prust is gonna hurt something fierce though. So lets not pack it in now boys.

A side question... Has Bourque had a shot on goal. I mean a legit shot that hits the goalie, because I have never seen a player get so many open shots and just miss the net. Everyone else just shoots into Anderson's gut, but give him some credit for always being squared up with the shooter and not floppin all over the place.

Or, the habs could have shown up in the third period and played even. No one to blame but yourselves. They took there foot off the pedal in the sesond, cost them in the third.l these show some character, work ethic and smart hockey, they won't win.

I'm with everyone else on the Galchenyuk ice time, i can't explain it. I can't explain why DD keeps getting a pass and good minutes.

We can blame DD all we want but this team has serious holes. Look at the defense. If Emelin was that important, well, the d isn't good enough. Every player worth his salt on this team is under 26 years old. The veterans are a bunch of cast offs acquired in trades and free agency, except Markov who looks about as gassed as Mark Recchi in 2011. The team is small. The team is soft. Therrien had a good run, but if he was so good, why was he out of coaching for extended periods in between the Habs and Penguins and Penguins and Habs?

There has been terrible non-calls on interference all series. Those are the kind of things coaches and GM's usually bring up in post game scrums. MT instead spent all his time talking about MacLean. It was appropriate after game 1. Not after game 3.

sens are missing their top centre. Difference is that their coach played his kids when he needed to. He lost a game, sitting out some kids and playing them tonight rewarded him.

They missed him all year, already adapted.

Aside from the refs. We lose games like this because we shorten the bench in the 3rd period and the guys that sit on the bench are guys that normally provide energy. Our stick checking defense needs to be changed too we have lost too many games over the last few years with 2 minutes remaining with teams scoring dirty goals.

Personally I'd be on the lookout this offseason for two defenseman. One to replace Diaz and one to fill in for Emelin and then the weakest link sits on the bench when he returns though injuries always happen.

Keep in mind that we outplayed these guys in three games and won once. That is a combination of goaltending and some bad luck. If we played all the games like game three I would be more worried.

Suddenly after mt gets us from last to 2nd in the east, he is crap? I don't agree with all his decisions but give him some credit. He had this team refocused and playing well this game. If not for reffing and bounces, we might have won it.