Game 5, Ottawa vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

I watched the game. Game three blew up after two bad goals. Lets not pretend they were in that game when the fights happened. Those last two goals were unstoppable and the result of the melt down, but the third third goal deflated them.

Price was not brilliant in any game. He was terrible in two and good in two. He has yet to win a game we had no business winning, which Anderson has done. I don't know if Budaj is the answer (maybe a game, but not a series), but so far we have not gotten elite goaltending from Price. If you can't see that, you are simply in denial.

This is no different then pointing out that DD, Pacs, Ryder, and Pleks have been subpar, which they have.

Which goals in game 3 were bad?

Are you saying that PK's goal, and Galchenyuk's goal in game 4 were both bad? Cause they are pretty similar to the two goals in game 3.

When our player snipes a great shot off the post and in, with room to skate up the middle of the ice, its a great shot by Subban.

When Markov turns the wrong way, gives Pageau an empty lane to the net, and he snipes off the post and in, its a bad goal on the goalie apparently.

Never mind the fact that the other goals in game 3 were on a 5 on 3... and two penalties where we didn't try, and a 3 on 1, and we only scored 1 goal.

But its okay, we didn't lose because of not playing the system and taking too many penalties... it was because we were small and bad goaltending. Thats always the reason, small and bad goaltending.

==========

As for not being great in game 2, perhaps you missed the three roberies on the Sens PP at the end of the 2nd period with a 2-1 lead?

As for game 4.... He let in 0 actual legitimate hockey goals.... 1 was a kick in, and 1 Turris is holding his stick. What more do you want from a goalie than to stop every shot that was actually a real chance to score?

• Upvote 1

Which goals in game 3 were bad?

Are you saying that PK's goal, and Galchenyuk's goal in game 4 were both bad? Cause they are pretty similar to the two goals in game 3.

When our player snipes a great shot off the post and in, with room to skate up the middle of the ice, its a great shot by Subban.

When Markov turns the wrong way, gives Pageau an empty lane to the net, and he snipes off the post and in, its a bad goal on the goalie apparently.

Never mind the fact that the other goals in game 3 were on a 5 on 3... and two penalties where we didn't try, and a 3 on 1, and we only scored 1 goal.

But its okay, we didn't lose because of not playing the system and taking too many penalties... it was because we were small and bad goaltending. Thats always the reason, small and bad goaltending.

==========

As for not being great in game 2, perhaps you missed the three roberies on the Sens PP at the end of the 2nd period with a 2-1 lead?

As for game 4.... He let in 0 actual legitimate hockey goals.... 1 was a kick in, and 1 Turris is holding his stick. What more do you want from a goalie than to stop every shot that was actually a real chance to score?

If that is the level of goaltending you are good with, we don't need to pay $6.5M to get it.

I have never said he doesn't make good saves, but all goalies make great saves. Elite goalies don't give up wristers in tight playoff games, they make it impossible to score. His sv% has averaged below .900 for a month. He is too deep and chasing pucks. That is not his game.

Anderson felt he should have had those two goals btw.

The whole complexion changes if Price doesn't stink out the joint in Game One.

He let in a bad goal at a crucial moment in Game Three that led to the collapse, but if Game One was a strong effort, nobody would be ragging on Price.

The other two games gave us everything we could ask for in terms of netminding.

Guest Stogey24

Take it easy commandant. The point is price is our go to. We've never been the most highly skilled team per say. Carey is usually our game saver; the guy who makes the game changing saves. You can't tell me letting in 6 goals in a game didn't deflate his ego. The guy struggled the last part of the season and it followed him into the playoffs. His angles were off and was on his knees way too early. With that being said, it's not like he was getting a ton of help in front of him either.

The whole complexion changes if Price doesn't stink out the joint in Game One.

He let in a bad goal at a crucial moment in Game Three that led to the collapse, but if Game One was a strong effort, nobody would be ragging on Price.

The other two games gave us everything we could ask for in terms of netminding.

I think its all on game 1. Game 1 he was horrible, no doubt about that.

I can't get on him for any other game though.... Game 3 is a team collapse.

I guess I'm just annoyed by the constant ragging on two issues, size and goaltending, as if they explain all the problems any team could face in a game.

I think its all on game 1. Game 1 he was horrible, no doubt about that.

I can't get on him for any other game though.... Game 3 is a team collapse.

I guess I'm just annoyed by the constant ragging on two issues, size and goaltending, as if they explain all the problems any team could face in a game.

I blame last game on the refs... u forgot that. Its three issues. Size, goaltending and the refs. :)

For some reason the torch hasn't been carried high during these playoffs. How this season ends is up to the men on the ice tonight. It has been a season of delight for most fans. This team wasn't suppose to have made the playoffs by most experts predictions. They won the division and fought for the conference title all season! If they lose tonight I still go away with a smile on my face. They have done well! I really hope it doesn't end yet. I believe we should have won most of the games in this series, and being up 3-1 now could easily have happened. I see no reason why if we continue to outplay these guys we won't beat them. All it takes is a full 60 minutes, no bad shifts by anyone. No weak goals. We are the better team. We are not too small, our goaltending is excellent, we can skate 4 lines even when down 4 forwards, and we have a defence we would have killed to have had the year we came back against Washington. No excuses. Win tonight.

The problem is theat last game truly was the refs.... its not often, but sometimes they can be the issue.

I had a Boston fan complaining today about the linesmen in both our series. I had to agree with him. They have been far worse than the refs. The waiving guys out of the faceoff circle is way out of hand, and those two blown icing calls cost us that game as much as the two allowed bad goals. Something needs to be done to up the officiating levels in the league. They must have a standard that all refs follow. Some refs call a tight game, others will let things go. That is wrong. The game needs to have rules and the refs need to follow them by the book. I understand it comes down to judgement calls but there must be a way to make it more standardized.

I'd say it's a bit of everything:

Subpar goaltending

Being out-hit

Snipers are asleep

Injuries

Referees

Add all those things up and you ain't gonna win anything. Plus, Anderson HAS been better than Price. Look at it this way, last game Anderson was down by 2 and he made a miraculous save on Markov keep a third goal out (which would have changed the game entirely). He gives his team a chance to win by making key saves, Ottawa hung around and eventually won the game. Price has looked like Huet, for every 5 good saves, he let's in a questionable goal. All the other issues I mentioned above could be less of a factor if Price was playing like an elite goaltender. I agree with Stogey on this.

It'll be interesting to see which Canadiens team comes to play tonight. All their best physical players are out (Emelin, Prust, White). I'm still convinced that Pacioretty and Markov are hurt and playing injured. Lose Gionta, Eller and Price? Habs either win 3-2 or get blown out 5-1.

Here's a stat that may surprise a few: Tinordi leads the Habs in hits by a d-man, Diaz is a surprising 2nd, just one out of the lead. Diaz also leads all players in this series in blocked shots.

It looks like Moen gets the promotion to the 3rd line (I thought Armstrong would). Galchenyuk-Halpern-Moen is the 3rd line, Blunden-Dumont-Armstrong the 4th.

I would put Galchenyuk with Pacioretty and Gallagher.

Move Desharnais down to play with the stiffs: Halpern & Moen.

Diaz has had ups and downs, but he hasn't been near as bad as people make out. If fact, the D as a whole have been fine, IMO. The real issue is our key forwards can't solve the Ottawa D / Anderson while Price has been subpar.

We can still win tonight if the Sens have a let down game. The key is out top six have to get it done, and get it done early. If the refs call Ottawa for some of their infractions the our PP has to deliver.

It looks like Moen gets the promotion to the 3rd line (I thought Armstrong would). Galchenyuk-Halpern-Moen is the 3rd line, Blunden-Dumont-Armstrong the 4th.

I don't get why they either don't play Galenychuk or put him with checkers :wall::wall::wall::wall: They need a win, put him with Pleks if you don't want him at centre.

I would put Galchenyuk with Pacioretty and Gallagher.

Move Desharnais down to play with the stiffs: Halpern & Moen.

that would be my preference as well. IF they don't want to play Galenychuk at centre, put him with Pleks. I'd rather have Pleks play with Galy squared, then waste them on DD.

Take the dress off Plex! and put 2 HANDS on your STICK.................. your "forecheck" looks like my uncle (in his speedo's) panning the beach with his metal detector

And ENOUGH with the sitting back with the lead!!! HOW'S THAT WORKED OUT FOR US in the past 50 yrs (ok maybe an exaggeration but you get the point)

They aren't going to score if WE have the puck in their zone..............

That is ssssssSOOOOO depressing. The poor guy has the universe on his shoulders.... even more.. the fate of the Habs.

The team came out all heart. Good for them.

Damn that PK's great.

Off the post..... wide open... playing great but nervous.

Get'em habs.. Ghosts... time to visit...