2013 Official Draft Day Thread

dlbalr

Id love if we got Jacob De la Rose.

Yeah I'd be happy with that pick too.

Clutterbuck to Isles for Niedereiter... is that really a good trade by the Isles? Feels like trading a potential firstline scoring forward for a 3rd-4th line grinder.

Clutterbuck to Isles for Niedereiter... is that really a good trade by the Isles? Feels like trading a potential firstline scoring forward for a 3rd-4th line grinder.

Clutterbuck is one of the league's top 3 hitters. Nino is hit or miss. Has done nothing so far at the NHL level. I don't like this deal from a Habs perspective.

Ohhh boy !! Schneider to NJ !

Damn I wanted Horvat.

A buddy of mine whom I'm watching with had me convinced the Habs would trade up for him.

They may have offered, but I guess it's tough to make a better offer than Cory Schneider, especially considering the needs it fills for the Devils.

Trading Schneider was the smart move for Van, all things considered; I'd said this all of last season, because I believe Luongo has some elite years left and yet has zero trade value. The fly in this ointment is that Edmonton supposedly offered a 1st, 2nd + a prospect (although I find that hard to believe) for Schneider. If so, the Canucks declined a chance to fundamentally reboot a depleted, dismal system just to avoid have Schneider go to a division rival, which - to a team as desperate for young talent as the Canucks - seems like blinkered thinking to me. So they made a wise move, but maybe not the wisest move they could have made.