Jagr to Habs talk

Meller93

So we've never heard this before! Jagr wants to be buy his buddy Plekanec.

To be honest Jagr does seem interested though. Is this a possibility? We have just a tad over 4m in cap space. Would Jagr sign for 4 mill for maybe just one year? Would you want him for that?

I'll be honest, I would love to see Jagr in a habs jersey.

I wouldn't mind seeing Montreal signing Jagr, even at 41 he would still be able to provide size and he can still provide enough offense as well....also it may quiet down the Tomas Plekanec trade rumours atleast for a little while

I think his agent is using his ties to Montreal to drive up Jagr's value...again...

So we've never heard this before! Jagr wants to be buy his buddy Plekanec.

To be honest Jagr does seem interested though. Is this a possibility? We have just a tad over 4m in cap space. Would Jagr sign for 4 mill for maybe just one year? Would you want him for that?

I'll be honest, I would love to see Jagr in a habs jersey.

how about a 4million dollar deal, 1.5 million guaranteed the rest in incentives and bonuses. like Iginla just signed with Boston

how about a 4million dollar deal, 1.5 million guaranteed the rest in incentives and bonuses. like Iginla just signed with Boston

That's way too much for him at this stage, even if he doesn't hit some of those incentives. His production is that of a marginal 2nd liner/high end 3rd liner, that's not worth $4 million given his drawbacks. Going with an incentive deal isn't a bad idea but given Jagr's penchant for chasing the almighty dollar above all else, I'm not sure he'd settle for one.

That's way too much for him at this stage, even if he doesn't hit some of those incentives. His production is that of a marginal 2nd liner/high end 3rd liner, that's not worth $4 million given his drawbacks. Going with an incentive deal isn't a bad idea but given Jagr's penchant for chasing the almighty dollar above all else, I'm not sure he'd settle for one.

and of course, one of the genius GMs out there would simply sign for 4 million straight up. I really liked Iginla's deal not a lot of salary, and loaded with bonus's and incentives. That way if he gets injured or just plain sucks then the club is protected. We don't see a lot of deals like that one. We should see more. :habslogo:

Someone saying on Hockeybuzz forums that Jagr has signed with Carolina.

Carolina's beat reporter was told that it's not true. At this point, anyone claiming to know one way or the other likely doesn't know.

I'd sign him for $3M, but not to play with Plex. Play him with the kids and hope that he can help them along long he did with Giroux in Philly and gets them dedicated to fitness the way Jagr is.

They also need someone with his size. He may fizzle out by the playoffs, but we need to make the playoffs first - not easy with the new conference setup. I think our conferernce standing will be as follows:
1 Boston

2 Detroit

3 Ottawa

That leaves Montreal & Toronto fighting for the 4th spot or a wild card spot.

I'd sign him for $3M, but not to play with Plex. Play him with the kids and hope that he can help them along long he did with Giroux in Philly and gets them dedicated to fitness the way Jagr is.

They also need someone with his size. He may fizzle out by the playoffs, but we need to make the playoffs first - not easy with the new conference setup. I think our conferernce standing will be as follows:

1 Boston

2 Detroit

3 Ottawa

That leaves Montreal & Toronto fighting for the 4th spot or a wild card spot.

Jagr is so washed up. How many over 30 players you want? We've just signed two. No

Jagr is so washed up. How many over 30 players you want? We've just signed two. No

Problem is we signed the wrong one's. BTW, Jagr is over 40 -_-

2011-2012 Philadelphia Flyers

Jagr: 8 points in 11 games

Briere: 13 points in 11 games

I guess because Jagr was born with more height though that it makes up for the less points...

Jagr got those 8 points as a 40 year old, he also scored 54 points in the regular season. He also got 35 points in the regular season this year and 10 in the playoffs. Briere was 35 years old and got 49 points in teh regular season in 11-12 and only 16 points this year and was one of the reasons the flyers missed the playoffs (main reason of course was the lack of blue line).

I'd take a 41 year old Jagr over a 35 year old Briere who is declining faster then Jagr. I'd also take jagr at 35 over Briere at 35 without even thinking about it.

My main reason for Jagr isn't just size though. Otherwise i'd be happy at having Parros. It's also that he is a LEGEND and still has an elite skill level and given his commitment to fitness he would be the ideal role model for Gally squared, Eller and MaxPac and any other kids who may crack the lineup. Can you say the same about Briere?

Also consider that Jagr as a 41 year old has been healthier then Briere.

The only hope I have for Briere is coming home and being bought out may motivate him to play harder than he has the last two years.

Jagr also went to the Stanley Cup Finals and couldn't score a single goal. Give me every argument you want about bounces but a slowing down former legend on the right wing who couldn't buy a goal on the Bruins against the likes of James Reimer and Tomas Vokoun? No thank you.

• Upvote 1

Jagr also went to the Stanley Cup Finals and couldn't score a single goal. Give me every argument you want about bounces but a slowing down former legend on the right wing who couldn't buy a goal on the Bruins against the likes of James Reimer and Tomas Vokoun? No thank you.

At least he was in the playoffs. we need to first get into the playoffs.

At least he was in the playoffs. we need to first get into the playoffs.

I for one am not dooming and glooming about the team due to how we finished. Even if we missed the playoffs? I'm not worried. We're a developing team. I'll start worrying if some players don't develop the way I expect them to.

I for one am not dooming and glooming about the team due to how we finished. Even if we missed the playoffs? I'm not worried. We're a developing team. I'll start worrying if some players don't develop the way I expect them to.

One of the reasons I'd want Jagr is that I think he would be a great role model for our young kids. Philly really missed him last year. Reportedly, everyone in Dallas loved him. I think he would be a great role model for Galy squared, Tinordi, Bealieau and others. The guy is a gym rat and plays hard all the time. That' the kind of role model a young team needs. Not aging players like Briere who weren't part of the solution in Philly. Reading reports from Philly, Briere just didn't just decline, but wasn't much of a leader and overall Philly lacked leadership.

Uhhh what? Couturier and B.Schenn both credited Briere as well as Holmgren. Now you're just making up excuses.

Uhh no. Was listening to Philly reporter on the NHL XM channel and they said that there were us a huge leadership issue on the flyers and none of the veterans stepped up to fill the void. he raved about jagr and his effect on Giroux and Hartnell and that ridding Briere's contract could help Philly to get Jagr if they can move another contract. When was asked about what Montral is getting in Briere, he added that while Briere always played hard, but clearly is in decline with second stragiht year and wasn't part of solution.

If we get him on a one-year deal and can fit him under the cap, why in heaven's name WOULDN'T we sign Jagr? In other words, why NOT make your team better for that one year? I didn't understand not signing him last season. It seems a tad less pressing this season because of his uninspiring playoff performance (suggesting decline) but Jagr would add to our already-strong top-9 depth - very very valuable when our other broken-down veteran RW Briere and Gio suffer their inevitable injuries. I just don't see a downside, unless fixing the D involves taking on even more salary.