Habs Trivia

dlbalr

Given that response, Andre Racicot (who obviously was the backup in the 1993 finals).

Keane and Schneider both retired in 2010. Schneider works for the NHLPA now.

:( 1am stab in the dark :D

Did he have to actually play in the Cup-clinching game? Or just be on the roster?

Another question: Two Habs from the 1993 Cup-winning team were still playing pro hockey last season, name them. (Note that I don't classify the LNAH as a pro league, thus excluding Jesse Belanger who played there last year.)

Paul Dipietro still playing in the swiss league?

One of our top scorers in the dark ages of the early 2000s.

He was one of my favourite players as a kid growing up. Looking at his stats, I can't quite figure out why (but I'm guessing it was his speed).

Another one (I'm determined to keep this going since there isn't much else going on right now...):

Name the only three Hab players to average at least a point per game (minimum of 30 GP in that season) while serving as captain of the team. (Excluding repeat occurrences, three different names...)

Him and Zednik for me. Did a few backflips when Zednik got clotheslined in the playoffs that year against Boston.

Yep I was in high school and I remember wanting Mclarens head on a spike!

Another one (I'm determined to keep this going since there isn't much else going on right now...):

Name the only three Hab players to average at least a point per game (minimum of 30 GP in that season) while serving as captain of the team. (Excluding repeat occurrences, three different names...)

Henri Richard

Jean Beliveau

Joe Malone

Beliveau yes (several times), Richard and Malone no. I don't think Malone was ever formally named a captain actually.

Beliveau... which you approved haha.

Could it be Yvan Cournoyer and Toe Blake?

@dlbalr:

The 3rd was Pierre Turgeon

Yep, obviously the most recent although Koivu came somewhat close in 06-07 as did Damphousse a year after Turgeon.

Turgeon: 96 points in 80 games in 95-96

Beliveau: 78 points in 68 games in 63-64 (first of five times)

Blake: 59 points in 48 games in 42-43 (first of three times)

Other captains eclipsed the PPG mark but did so with less than 30 GP (Lalonde and M. Richard).

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/MTL/captains.html

New question: Name the three defencemen with the most games played for the Habs without playing for any other NHL or WHA team. (For example, Larry Robinson played the most games as a D with Montreal but played 3 years in LA so he's not eligible - name the top 3 that have never suited up elsewhere).

New question: Name the three defencemen with the most games played for the Habs without playing for any other NHL or WHA team. (For example, Larry Robinson played the most games as a D with Montreal but played 3 years in LA so he's not eligible - name the top 3 that have never suited up elsewhere).

Butch Bouchard, Jacques Lapperiere and Andrei Markov?

Butch Bouchard, Jacques Lapperiere and Andrei Markov?

Yes, yes, and yes. I was hoping that question would have lasted a bit longer... If Markov plays even a reasonable number of games this year, he's going to take a nice jump in the all-time Habs GP list.

An easy one this time as I try to think of one better: Name the last player that the Habs acquired off of waivers that did not actually play a single game for the team.

Blair Betts