Habs Trivia

dlbalr

Habs all time leader in goals... easy.

Habs all time leader in points... easy.

Habs all time leader in plus/minus... :) Any guesses?

9 & 10.

Big Bird?

I was genuinely curious if any Habs besides Bulis and Eller had scored four goals this century. If not, who was the last guy to do it before them?

Yeah, that was a great season to watch. Even at 5-0, I remember thinking that one more goal by NY would put it out of reach, that's how well the team had been playing that year.

And it was Halak in net for the big turnaround. At the time of his trade, someone commented on how at almost all the big moments it was him, and not Price, in the net. Even in our signature win this year, the Gallagher shootout-winner in Boston, it was Budaj in there for the crucial moments. :unsure:

Wasn't it Huet ?

Habs all time leader in goals... easy.

Habs all time leader in points... easy.

Habs all time leader in plus/minus... :) Any guesses?

Larry Robinson?

Wasn't it Huet ?

It was Huet... not Halak... halak was with the Bulldogs at the time.

Also the game 7; 5-0 win over Boston was pretty signature too....

It was Huet... not Halak... halak was with the Bulldogs at the time.

Also the game 7; 5-0 win over Boston was pretty signature too....

So it was Huet. Strange to think he was traded only a week after this game.

Yeah, that first round win is still Carey's high point in Montreal. In that game 7 in particular I remember Streit's goal as the signature moment, however, but with that sort of scoreline it's normal that a goal and not a save is what is most remembered.

I was genuinely curious if any Habs besides Bulis and Eller had scored four goals this century. If not, who was the last guy to do it before them?

Those are the only two 4-goal games that I can recall. I thought Kovalev might have done it but his 4-goal game was with Ottawa.

Edit: I looked it up, the last 4-goal game before Bulis' was Brian Savage in 1998. Source

Anyone want to take a crack at my Prust question from the last page? (What team has he never taken a penalty against?)

Those are the only two 4-goal games that I can recall. I thought Kovalev might have done it but his 4-goal game was with Ottawa.

Edit: I looked it up, the last 4-goal game before Bulis' was Brian Savage in 1998. Source

Anyone want to take a crack at my Prust question from the last page? (What team has he never taken a penalty against?)

Thanks for that. We probably even have a good idea of what month that Brian Savage game was in too.

For the Prust question it's between Calgary and the Rangers, but I can't figure out when he took a penalty against either team.

So it was Huet. Strange to think he was traded only a week after this game.

Yeah, that first round win is still Carey's high point in Montreal. In that game 7 in particular I remember Streit's goal as the signature moment, however, but with that sort of scoreline it's normal that a goal and not a save is what is most remembered.

The game was 1-0 Montreal after the first period.

It really should have been 3 or 4 to 1 for Boston. They were dominating.

Once we got the 2nd goal in the middle of the second period it was smooth sailing. But for half a game, Price kept us in that one.

For the Prust question it's between Calgary and the Rangers, but I can't figure out when he took a penalty against either team.

You're actually right, it is both - I read the stat off a giant table and misinterpreted a 2 (that actually represented a +2) as a penalty.

Here's a different one then - name the last Canadiens draftee out of Finland to actually suit up for Montreal (and no, it's not the obvious answer - Koivu).

You're actually right, it is both - I read the stat off a giant table and misinterpreted a 2 (that actually represented a +2) as a penalty.

Here's a different one then - name the last Canadiens draftee out of Finland to actually suit up for Montreal (and no, it's not the obvious answer - Koivu).

Marko Kiprusoff ?

I'll give you a different one to ponder then.

20% of Francis Bouillon's career goals have come against one team. Name that team.

6 out of 30... I'd bet Toronto or Avalanche.

Which former NHL player was the most recent to celebrate his birthday by winning the Stanley Cup as a member of the Canadiens?

you mean the last Habs player who won the SC on his birthday ?

you mean the last Habs player who won the SC on his birthday ?

Yes, as long as it's clear that he won the Cup as a Canadiens player. Didn't want people to think I meant a Hab who may have won a Cup with a different team.

Yes, as long as it's clear that he won the Cup as a Canadiens player. Didn't want people to think I meant a Hab who may have won a Cup with a different team.

Did he have to actually play in the Cup-clinching game? Or just be on the roster?

Another question: Two Habs from the 1993 Cup-winning team were still playing pro hockey last season, name them. (Note that I don't classify the LNAH as a pro league, thus excluding Jesse Belanger who played there last year.)

Did he have to actually play in the Cup-clinching game? Or just be on the roster?

Another question: Two Habs from the 1993 Cup-winning team were still playing pro hockey last season, name them. (Note that I don't classify the LNAH as a pro league, thus excluding Jesse Belanger who played there last year.)

Just on the roster. I feel like you have the answer.

Keane and Sneider, mot too sure about Sneider

Just on the roster. I feel like you have the answer.

Given that response, Andre Racicot (who obviously was the backup in the 1993 finals).

Keane and Sneider, mot too sure about Sneider

Keane and Schneider both retired in 2010. Schneider works for the NHLPA now.