Oct. 1, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

He's a $5M cap hit. If we can entice the 'Nuck-Nucks to sell him somehow, I'd be pretty stoked.

Would be a nice day in Toronto before Canucks trade a top 4 d-man for spare parts. A Plekanec..maybe would do it.

Bergevin needs to find another goon first.

Would be a nice day in Toronto before Canucks trade a top 4 d-man for spare parts. A Plekanec..maybe would do it.

Bergevin needs to find another goon first.

I would say that you're crazy, but when they showed his reaction in the box, Bergevin didn't look sickened or concerned, he was pacing back and forth as if he was saying "what do we do now?" I don't think Parros will be out for long. When you get hit in the chin, that's when you get knocked out cold. It seems almost like the lesser hits to Savard and Crosby keep them out longer than the hit to Eller.

I would say that you're crazy, but when they showed his reaction in the box, Bergevin didn't look sickened or concerned, he was pacing back and forth as if he was saying "what do we do now?" I don't think Parros will be out for long. When you get hit in the chin, that's when you get knocked out cold. It seems almost like the lesser hits to Savard and Crosby keep them out longer than the hit to Eller.

I saw him leave the screen when they showed the close up of the box and appear at ice level a few minutes later when Parros was being taken off. I suspect he probably wasn't thinking about what to do next at that particular moment.

I saw him leave the screen when they showed the close up of the box and appear at ice level a few minutes later when Parros was being taken off. I suspect he probably wasn't thinking about what to do next at that particular moment.

Maybe he was wearing the wrong glasses, and thought it was Plekanec.

I agree and don't think he will be out too long, but Habs luck with hired goons hasn't been good. But is a good opening for White or Bournival, who can actually play hockey.

Still got Tarnasky I suppose.

Reflecting on the game, I thought it was very sloppy all around, and, as usual, the habs got caught up trying to out-goon the leafs. When the habs stick to hockey and forget the other nonsense, they tend to do much better against the leafs, as in the last game of the season last year. Too many penalties, and no execution on the power play is what really cost the game. And Markov looked really bad, I'm hoping he's just warming up, but he looked kind of slow and wasn't his usual slick passing self on the pp. I thought Price could have been better, but that last goal was just unfortunate. The Eller line was great, especially Eller, who really needs to be the top centre in ice time on the team. I think his ceiling is much higher than people think.

I'm just going to treat this game like most Habs openers. We play an 81 game season with one extra preseason game that counts as two points for others. Seems like the team does too. Don't be surprised to see them flying next game. Heck they've had a long enough break.

Guest Stogey24

I'm just going to treat this game like most Habs openers. We play an 81 game season with one extra preseason game that counts as two points for others. Seems like the team does too. Don't be surprised to see them flying next game. Heck they've had a long enough break.

I honestly think that Montreal was going out to show teams they're not going to be pushed around this year. Obviously the main goal is to come out with two points, but it seemed like the Habs were trying to prove a point.

I honestly think that Montreal was going out to show teams they're not going to be pushed around this year. Obviously the main goal is to come out with two points, but it seemed like the Habs were trying to prove a point.

They were trying to both win the game despite a mediocre defence corps, and trying to make a point. And they would have made that point very effectively - they had the edge on TO in the fight department all night - if Parros hadn't suffered that freak injury. Now, the psychological message is that the Habs got pulped, and we're right back to where we were last season (except that we're smaller, courtesy of trading Cole for Briere).

Guest Stogey24

They were trying to both win the game despite a mediocre defence corps, and trying to make a point. And they would have made that point very effectively - they had the edge on TO in the fight department all night - if Parros hadn't suffered that freak injury. Now, the psychological message is that the Habs got pulped, and we're right back to where we were last season (except that we're smaller, courtesy of trading Cole for Briere).

I think we'll be OK. I'm just interested to see what M.B does if Parros goes on long term disabled list.

So, who's doing tomorrow's GDT? Also, it appears Beaulieu will once again be on the roster for the game, expect a callup announcement sometime today (hopefully after 5 PM).

Don't all volunteer at once now, only one is needed here...

Once again, it only takes one person to do the GDT. Don't forget our tradition that if you lose, you can't do the next GDT (so someone else besides me needs to do today's)...

I'll do it Brian, I'm just at work so it'll be a little while.

Once again, it only takes one person to do the GDT. Don't forget our tradition that if you lose, you can't do the next GDT (so someone else besides me needs to do today's)...

I feel like this tradition isn't actually a tradition...

I mean, it's nice I guess, but it's not like the entire forum is on board with it.

I feel like this tradition isn't actually a tradition...

I mean, it's nice I guess, but it's not like the entire forum is on board with it.

We used to have a few regular people do GDT's so it hasn't been much of an issue until recently. It's important to me to not have one or two people feeling that it's now just their responsibility. The GDT's don't have to be all fancy, it doesn't take long to start a new thread and copy/paste some lines in so it shouldn't be an issue for someone to take a couple of minutes and get something going.

We used to have a few regular people do GDT's so it hasn't been much of an issue until recently. It's important to me to not have one or two people feeling that it's now just their responsibility. The GDT's don't have to be all fancy, it doesn't take long to start a new thread and copy/paste some lines in so it shouldn't be an issue for someone to take a couple of minutes and get something going.

I'll chip in after 4 losses in a row. (I wish I won't have to.)