Oct. 1, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

For the past few seasons, the Leafs have seemed to have a knack for looking fantastic in these first-game matchups. I predict we will be brutalized by their truculence.

I agree. But on the bright side, that's a great hockey card you've got there! :halm:

(I've long thought we face a disadvantage in playing the Leafs, inasmuch as they seem to buy into this "rivalry" stuff and I don't think our guys do, especially. But that's another story. The issue tonight is that we're icing a manifestly questionable defence corps).

6-1 Leafs. Epic whinage regarding Price and his inability to be a consistent and reliable number one and calls for his immediate trade to the hinterlands for a bag of chips to relieve us of his outlandish contract.

Also, Patches dies on the ice but is resurrected during the second intermission and scores Montreal's goal in the third.

Also, Gionta pops both biceps tendons when he and Markov collide: naturally the latter blows up his knee.

Also, Subban with a stick to the eye and retirement.

Also, Galchenyuk with a catastrophic broken leg.

That should about cover our luck.

6-1 Leafs. Epic whinage regarding Price and his inability to be a consistent and reliable number one and calls for his immediate trade to the hinterlands for a bag of chips to relieve us of his outlandish contract.

Also, Patches dies on the ice but is resurrected during the second intermission and scores Montreal's goal in the third.

Also, Gionta pops both biceps tendons when he and Markov collide: naturally the latter blows up his knee.

Also, Subban with a stick to the eye and retirement.

Also, Galchenyuk with a catastrophic broken leg.

That should about cover our luck.

:bonk: You stole my thunder, big guy.

Hoo boy...with Boo Boo out, we've got two raw rookies on D. Hopefully they will play out of their minds, but the last time we had a defence corps like that was the Fall of 2011. Yowza.

I expect a loss tonight.

I'm pretty sure Bouillon is in. There were reports that Beaulieu was taking his place but Therrien said the recall was just precautionary.

Guest Stogey24

I'm pretty sure Bouillon is in. There were reports that Beaulieu was taking his place but Therrien said the recall was just precautionary.

I would be willing to bet that if Beaulieu gets called up this year for more than 5 games. He will prove himself worthy and spend the rest of the year in Montreal.

I would be willing to bet that if Beaulieu gets called up this year for more than 5 games. He will prove himself worthy and spend the rest of the year in Montreal.

Unless it's at the end of the year, I can't see that happening. His defensive game still needs a lot of work.

He just seems defensively weak and pushed off the puck way too easily. But you cant deny his skill with puck in offensive zone is top notch and he will play some NHL games this year for sure.

I'm excited for the opener. It'll be a tough go; the Leafs are an improved team (though we got a break for tonight not having to deal with Clarkson). Hoping to see a strong and focused Carey Price, the same Subban we enjoyed seeing last year, Tinordi looking to send Leafs carrying the puck over the blue line to the hospital, and perhaps Gionta and DD not being terrible (that last item might be asking for far too much though).

For us Yanks, it will be a pleasure to hear Jim Hughson call the game.

Hughson is good, but cant stomach idiots around him Cherry, Ron M, Healy, etc, etc, so I never watch CBC game done by Leaf crew anymore. Is almost like listening to Jack Edwards describe a Bruins fight.

Idiot Healy will be spouting what the Leafs must do to win, or what the Leafs are doing wrong to be losing to that other team.

You yanks got NPR we get CBC, 2 outdated public funded orgs.

*for those who can afford cable/satelite tv. (which I am part of, that being said)

Well I'll hedge my bets and say the Habs win by 1.

First goal scorer for the Habs. Plekanec.

Hughson is good, but cant stomach idiots around him Cherry, Ron M, Healy, etc, etc, so I never watch CBC game done by Leaf crew anymore. Is almost like listening to Jack Edwards describe a Bruins fight.

Idiot Healy will be spouting what the Leafs must do to win, or what the Leafs are doing wrong to be losing to that other team.

NPR is great, I listen to it every morning on the way to work. And yes...I also lived in Boston my whole life, so i've listened to hours and hours of Edwards. If he weren't an idiot homer, he would get more credit, he has some of the funniest analysis i've heard in any sport. I don't really get the idea of socialized TV, we have PBS, but it's not on the level of CBC. You guys also get Hockey Night in Canada while we get Fox Trac, and local level coverage of games in non traditional cities.

I might have to go out and watch this game, Comcast is displaying and error message after I've called already, at 7:05 i'm going to have to go to the bar, and waste 20 bucks.