Oct. 1, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Parros doing his job. I'm not a fan of the pugilists, however the NHL likes the barbarism enough to allow it, so as such I'm very *very* happy to have another big guy who can fight and layeth the smacketh down when people try to push us around.

Guest Stogey24

Well, Eller did when he got double shifted with them. Moen and Parros didn't do much.

33 shots in the 1st period between the teams, that's a ton.

Huge fight by Parros! That sent a serious message. Orr tried to jump him too.

I like Tinordi's game thus far. He's slow, for sure, but he's working to get himself into reasonable position. Not always working, and he still needs more time to adjust to the speed of the game, but he's not far from a Gill-ian-type level of play. Certainly, I really like his work down low.

As for Eller, game one so it's hard to draw conclusions (hard to draw them for a while) but right now I'd say he's looking far more like a #1 than a #3. His strength is really apparent and his decision-making and poise is *vastly* improved. Early days, but nice to see.

And really, Price has been stunning. He's made a couple of mid-season saves.

Wow. Parros goes. Prust (!!!) is nailed and he's ready to go, but Moen steps in to protect his teammate and goes.

I kinda like this ability to deal with these issues!

Really, really disappointed with Desharnais - not a good start to his "comeback" year. Also disappointed in Plex so far; he hasn't been as pitiful, but he's not really noticeable.

I don't like the way we're playing as a team in our own zone - we're panicked by and large and just not making crisp plays. We also have a few semi-passengers up top including the aforementioned centre duo as well as the injured Pax (not his fault) and unfortunately our other big man, Bourque, who is playing fairly small right now.