G Boyd Gordon (2)
A Ales Hemsky (3)
PTS Ales Hemsky (4)
+/- 4 tied with  (+1)
PIMS Mike Brown (17)
Injuries: Sam Gagner, Steve MacIntyre, Corey Potter
Scratches: Jesse Joensuu, Denis Grebeshkov, Ryan Hamilton

Puck Drop: 9:30 PM EST TV: RDS, SNET-EDM, TSN Habs Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

If Beaulieu is truly getting into the lineup, then I think we should be fairly pleased. I suspect this will put pressure on Diaz and Bouillon and if Beaulieu can step up and take this shot, we look to potentially improve the back-end in the short to medium term. If he does make the most of it, I suspect he could get an extended run until Emelin is back, then he'll head back down for fine tuning and come up late this season permanently. As much as we worry about rushing kids, Beaulieu is on the cusp and it might be this kind of pressure-off situation (I mean, who else is going to fill in?) may be just what he needs (with his minutes carefully regulated and being put in situations to succeed) to leap full-time to the NHL.

The blueline is weak enough that it's worth throwing Beaulieu in there and giving him a meaningful chance. If he falters, you're no worse off than you were before, provided you don't keep him up long enough for his confidence to be destroyed. If he gets the wind in his sails, hey presto, you've added yet another young piece, accumulating "experience rich" games that will bring us one step closer to the completed rebuild. As long as it's done with care, this is a no-brainer IMHO.

Guest Stogey24

If Beaulieu is truly getting into the lineup, then I think we should be fairly pleased. I suspect this will put pressure on Diaz and Bouillon and if Beaulieu can step up and take this shot, we look to potentially improve the back-end in the short to medium term. If he does make the most of it, I suspect he could get an extended run until Emelin is back, then he'll head back down for fine tuning and come up late this season permanently. As much as we worry about rushing kids, Beaulieu is on the cusp and it might be this kind of pressure-off situation (I mean, who else is going to fill in?) may be just what he needs (with his minutes carefully regulated and being put in situations to succeed) to leap full-time to the NHL.

Emelin's return will not conflict with Beaulieu if he's playing well.

Guest Stogey24

I figured out a name for the Desharnais-Pac-Briere combo: The Grocery Stick Line.

They are only there to hold a place. Desharnais stat line after three games: 0G-0A-0PTS-OPIM. There's no proof whatsoever that he was in the first three games.

LOL I didn't see him

Can we have a do over on that Briere signing? He may blossom in the playoffs but you gotta get there. Right now he looks a replacement for Gomez. And I don't mean that in a nice way. Overpaid and useless. :habslogo:

I'd like to take blame for the 1-2 start this season.

I watched the Leafs game in english on CBC, we lost.

I watched the Flyers game in french on RDS, we won.

I watched the Flames game in english on TSN, we lost.

Please forgive me Habs brothers, I will stick to RDS from now on.

Gents:

For the love of the Habs, relax. Emelin out-- Murray signed for cover -- injured. Drewiske signed for depth-- injured; Gorges, injured. That means FB and Markov have to play higher minutes than anyone (probably even them) want. Do you really want MB to make a panic short-term trade after game 3? Ditto Briere and DD. Take a deep breath and remember that the Maple Laughs always start strong and fade. Am I concerned at 1-2? Yes. Pissed off? Yep! Want MB to make a trade to "shake things up" or deal from his current position of relative weakness? Hell NO. (That's not to say that I am opposed to the right trade for the right reasons)

Ed Snider, in your multitude of forms, be gone from this board. I command thee in the name the of the Rocket, the Pocket and the Roadrunner, Amen. Habus spiritus and forum ghosts preserve us

Two Gomez's on one line, and a Patrice Briesbois! (Diaz)

No. No. No no no. NO. No.

Brisebois had his issues, but you have a 2 minute time-out for comparing him to Diaz.

Just no.

Go to your room.

Gonna be at this one, 6 seats away from the habs bench, first time I see Desharnais on the ice, I'm gonna yell at Therrian to bench his ass and put Eller or Galchenyuk between Patches and Briere. Let the other center Gallagher and Prust. Desharnais needs to be put in the pressbox for a few games. Ever since his signing he's been useless all over the ice. Need to get a new perspective on his role as his current perspective is go out there and collect a paycheck. We just got rid of Kostitsyn and Gomez, now we have another one in the development. Stop him before it's too late.

Gents:

For the love of the Habs, relax. Emelin out-- Murray signed for cover -- injured. Drewiske signed for depth-- injured; Gorges, injured. That means FB and Markov have to play higher minutes than anyone (probably even them) want. Do you really want MB to make a panic short-term trade after game 3? Ditto Briere and DD. Take a deep breath and remember that the Maple Laughs always start strong and fade. Am I concerned at 1-2? Yes. Pissed off? Yep! Want MB to make a trade to "shake things up" or deal from his current position of relative weakness? Hell NO. (That's not to say that I am opposed to the right trade for the right reasons)

Ed Snider, in your multitude of forms, be gone from this board. I command thee in the name the of the Rocket, the Pocket and the Roadrunner, Amen. Habus spiritus and forum ghosts preserve us

Fair enough. I think the issue (at least to my mind) is that the D has been suspect all along, and the early going - especially the realization that Markov's decline is indeed permanent - is intensifying this concern. So thinking about a trade isn't necessarily "panic" so much as a response to an ongoing and intensifying sore-point. Note also that Emelin and Murray could be out a while yet; whether this bunch has the goods to hang in there until they return is a valid question. But all the same, you're right. We should wait a few more games before really hitting the "PANIC" button.

I don't think there is any chance of MB making moves to get defenseman. He has said numerous times (I believe this is his plan) that he won't give up prospects to get help. Every move he has made has followed that philosophy.

If they aren't in the playoff run around the trade deadline I am expecting a pretty big dump of vet players.

As for tonight, no clue.

No. No. No no no. NO. No.

Brisebois had his issues, but you have a 2 minute time-out for comparing him to Diaz.

Just no.

Go to your room.

Gents:

So we're outraged about one of our top-4 defensemen being compared to Briesbois, because I insulted Briesbois, and we don't think a trade is necessary? Building through the draft is what I believe in, but relying too much on the kids, and valuing prospects to the point of leaving major holes in the lineup is what teams like Florida and Edmonton do. There's no guarantee it will all come together at the same time, this thing has to take off at some point. For me, I think we're out of "tanking/the draft" phase of the rebuild, and we should start addressing major holes. IMO, not having a number two defenseman is a major hole. Who knows if that guy will be Tinordi or Beaulieu, why risk it? If Eller keeps up, Plekanec becomes expendable. Whether Galchenyuk is ready to be an NHL will have to be seen. The Pollock quote is interpreted too literally. If your player pulls a Roy, you're in a position of weakness. If you need to fill a hole, that's why trades happen. Gorges is the only defenseman under contact for next year. There will be a few holes if Markov doesn't come back, i'd like to see them go after Erik Gudbranson, Alex Edler or Nikita Nikitn and land someone mid-season.

Dang, me too! Oops

oh oh I watched all three games as well.