Eddie Lack

Team Leaders
G Mike Santorelli (4)
A Henrik Sedin (6)
PTS D. Sedin/H. Sedin (6)
+/- Henrik Sedin  (+3)
PIMS Ryan Kesler (11)
Injuries: Alexandre Burrows, Nicklas Jensen, Jordan Schroeder
Scratches: Andrew Alberts, Alexander Edler (susp.)

Puck Drop: 10:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I'll be there, worrying about whether this will be the game Ryan Kesler finally breaks out. It'll be a big night for the locally very popular Gallagher - playing to the hometown crowd! My hope is that I get to be in the arena for that notorious scenario of the "Vancouver" crowd cheering for the Canadiens, which generally happens when the Habs are solidly in the lead. But my optimism is tempered by my doubts about this blueline.

Desharnais should be given this game to try to get something going. If he can't, he should be put in the pressbox. His line progression went from starting on 1st line, to starting on 2nd line, now starting on 3rd line. By the 3rd period of the Oilers game he was playing on the 4th line. Without improvement he'll end up there again. I do like Desharnais, believe it or not, but he really needs to be reminded that he is replaceable, and if not performing his role, he is of no use to the lineup. The only thing he has going for him is he's not bad at all in the faceoff dot, but is that enough to warrant his lack of fight when after the puck?

Turd, your post indicates one significant point, which is that Therrien has given DD a long leash but is slowly, relentlessly, pulling it in, a point insufficiently noticed by fans who whine about MT's player usage (I'm no big Therrien fan, but he does seem to have instituted a tempered "meritocracy" principle). The pressbox is indeed the next logical step, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening within the next two or three games.

Desharnais should be given this game to try to get something going. If he can't, he should be put in the pressbox. His line progression went from starting on 1st line, to starting on 2nd line, now starting on 3rd line. By the 3rd period of the Oilers game he was playing on the 4th line. Without improvement he'll end up there again. I do like Desharnais, believe it or not, but he really needs to be reminded that he is replaceable, and if not performing his role, he is of no use to the lineup. The only thing he has going for him is he's not bad at all in the faceoff dot, but is that enough to warrant his lack of fight when after the puck?

Depending on the Gionta situation, there may not be anyone heading to the pressbox for a bit. There are only 12 healthy forwards and I don't see the Habs going into LTIR to send Desharnais a message. His ice time may continue to drop but he'll stay in the lineup.

Depending on the Gionta situation, there may not be anyone heading to the pressbox for a bit. There are only 12 healthy forwards and I don't see the Habs going into LTIR to send Desharnais a message. His ice time may continue to drop but he'll stay in the lineup.

I'd move DD to the wing.

If MT is going to go with similar lines as Edmonton, i'd go with the following:

Gally-Pleks-Gally

MaxPac-Eller-DD

Briere-Bournavil-Bourque

Prust-White-Moen

• Upvote 1

I'd move DD to the wing.

Gally-Pleks-Gally

MaxPac-Eller-DD

Briere-Bournavil-Bourque

Prust-White-Moen

It's a great idea. Given that, if DD has any future with at all, it's going to be on the wing, we might as well try that.

I'd move DD to the wing.

Gally-Pleks-Gally

MaxPac-Eller-DD

Briere-Bournavil-Bourque

Prust-White-Moen

That's a good idea, I would move Briere from the wing. DD aside, it's nice to lose your captain and be able to move Prust into the third line, instead of playing Moen or Darche in the top line. I went to the Panthers v Penguins last night, it was nice to see JMs system in place, allowing 6 goals from the 30th place team, and handicapping the offense. Cathartic game, I went to be entertained, and I was, however, seeing Gomez and Martin in the same building reminded me of seeing an ex girlfriend at the grocery store.

I'll be there, worrying about whether this will be the game Ryan Kesler finally breaks out. It'll be a big night for the locally very popular Gallagher - playing to the hometown crowd! My hope is that I get to be in the arena for that notorious scenario of the "Vancouver" crowd cheering for the Canadiens, which generally happens when the Habs are solidly in the lead. But my optimism is tempered by my doubts about this blueline.

Look on the bright side, their blueline has Weber.

Will you be ole-ing, god willing?

That's a good idea, I would move Briere from the wing. DD aside, it's nice to lose your captain and be able to move Prust into the third line, instead of playing Moen or Darche in the top line. I went to the Panthers v Penguins last night, it was nice to see JMs system in place, allowing 6 goals from the 30th place team, and handicapping the offense. Cathartic game, I went to be entertained, and I was, however, seeing Gomez and Martin in the same building reminded me of seeing an ex girlfriend at the grocery store.

LMAO :lol:

Turd, your post indicates one significant point, which is that Therrien has given DD a long leash but is slowly, relentlessly, pulling it in, a point insufficiently noticed by fans who whine about MT's player usage (I'm no big Therrien fan, but he does seem to have instituted a tempered "meritocracy" principle). The pressbox is indeed the next logical step, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening within the next two or three games.

Well said. I still believing that Desharnais is underperforming (not that he's a great player, but he's not that bad either), maybe he'll show up today.

Well said. I still believing that Desharnais is underperforming (not that he's a great player, but he's not that bad either), maybe he'll show up today.

He's not playing his best hockey, but going forward I still think he's capable of putting up 40 pts. He just can't compete against the top matchups.

The trouble with DD on the wing is that unlike Gallagher, he's not fast, and he's not physical enough to win any board battles. He also won't drive the net. If he can't make it as a centre i just can't see him doing much on the wing either.

Guest Stogey24

The trouble with DD on the wing is that unlike Gallagher, he's not fast, and he's not physical enough to win any board battles. He also won't drive the net. If he can't make it as a centre i just can't see him doing much on the wing either.

Centre is much more demanding position compared to playing the wing.

I think DD knows all that. The problem is that he can't do better anymore.