Oct. 18, Hamilton vs Lake Erie, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Bulldog475.jpg

The Bulldogs (1-0-1) look to get back in the win column tonight as they travel to Lake Erie to take on the Monsters (2-3-0). Both teams should be well rested as neither have played since last Saturday.

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Andrighetto - Dumont - Holland

Tarnasky - Macenauer - Leblanc

Nystrom - Duffy - Aliu

Courtnall - Nattinen - Quailer

Chouinard - Pateryn

Schiestel - Dietz

McIver - Nygren

Tokarski

Projected Lake Erie Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Carey - Malone - Wyman

Agozzino - Sgarbossa - Lerg

Smith - Olver - Desbiens

Cheek - Heard - Meurs

Elliott - Hunwick

Siemens - Lauridsen

Stollery - Tam

Aittokallio

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

I honestly had no idea the AHL season started.

I also had no idea Akim Aliu is on a tryout contract. I'm a big supporter/sympathizer for Aliu. He got treated like trash after the Downie incident. Both men have serious emotional issues and while Downie got coddled and given alcohol treatment, Aliu has always been just told to go pound salt. I really hope he excels. He could be a diamond for Hamilton and maybe even Montreal.

I honestly had no idea the AHL season started.

You need to check here more often. :)

Does Aliu have any NHL potential anymore? Love the kid's size and the fact that he keeps pressing forward despite...

I don't think there's too much potential in him though I do like the signing. I'm not sure he's an ideal player to have in a fourth line role given his reputation and skill wise, he's not a top-9 player unless his offensive game takes a big step forward. Still, those are the types of players that are worth giving tryouts to if they pan out.

More lineup news, Blunden's out (he skated the last three days which makes it odd, there's no way he's a healthy scratch) while Ellis and Fournier will also sit. Macenauer's in. There's still one scratch missing though, not sure who.

Penalties have been a problem early on. Hamilton killed off two early in the first but couldn't kill off another one as Brad Malone notched a PPG late in the 1st. 1-0 Lake Erie after 1. The Bulldogs will be on the PP to start the 2nd though.

I heard a lot of, "Robbed by Tokarski" in the 2nd period. That's good and bad; Hamilton's attack has been reminiscent of last year tonight leaving Tokarski and the defence under constant attack. The shots are 22-9 Lake Erie through 2.

"He took an early penalty and has been rather conspicuous ever since." That's not what I want to hear about Leblanc but Derek just said that a moment ago. Granted, he doesn't have much for linemates tonight but he should be making more of a positive impression nonetheless.

Dean Morton back officiating after quite an absence. How do you guys like the new pregame and postgame shows? DW still tends to miss penalties though. Didn't know we were on the pp at the end of the first until the second started.

crowd in Cleveland tonight sounds like a bunch of kids by the noise. Last Friday in Hamilton we had kids ahead of us trying to start a wave one minute into the game, Yuck

Dean Morton back officiating after quite an absence. How do you guys like the new pregame and postgame shows? DW still tends to miss penalties though. Didn't know we were on the pp at the end of the first until the second started.

Haven't caught much of either. Derek did mention a couple of times that Hamilton was on the PP late in the 1st and that it would carry over to the 2nd (I was typing one of my posts as the period ended).

Tarnasky scores to get Hamilton on the board. Dumont and Schiestel with the assists. Still a fighting chance in this one.