Habs vs Oilers, Oct. 22 7:30 pm

Neech

I don't, a repeat of 2011 is 82 non entertaining games (7 months) that might get us an impact player three years from now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gagne signed or a trade in the next few days. This team isn't good enough to make the playoffs with 5-6 bad weeks.

A bad year this year, then a slow start next year means Therrien and Bergevin are out of jobs.

oh Now somebody agrees with me. ok

Why? This team is good with everyone healthy.

it is the healthy part that seems to be a problem.

Extreme overconfidence and coasting for 40 minutes usually dosent bode well.

Eller comments likely gave a bit of motivation to a very young but very skilled top 6.

Seems quite a few Chicken Little-type comments.

When missing top scorer, grinder and defensive d-man makes it hard to coast to a win.

But at least a very short staffed Hamilton pulled out a victory today.

oh Now somebody agrees with me. ok

it is the healthy part that seems to be a problem.

I did agree. "Going with the kids" isn't a strategy of a playoff team. A low risk high reward signing like Fatendresse or Gagne is what the Dr ordered. Tell me Gagne wouldn't be better than Holland?

Detroit is hurting for dmen, I bet we could get Tomas Tatar for Diaz and a 2nd. He's right up their alley.

I don't, a repeat of 2011 is 82 non entertaining games (7 months) that might get us an impact player three years from now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gagne signed or a trade in the next few days. This team isn't good enough to make the playoffs with 5-6 bad weeks.

A bad year this year, then a slow start next year means Therrien and Bergevin are out of jobs.

Gagne might be a serviceable bottom-6 forward. He's been a pretty consistent .5 PPG guy over the past few seasons. What troubles me is that his is pretty much the ONLY name that keeps resurfacing. Is it because he is the best FW not currently signed? Or is it because he is French?

An unsuccessful season + a bad start next year could well spell the end of Therrien. If it also spells the end of Bergevin, then this organization is in deep, deep trouble, because that means Molson is panic-prone and incompetent.

I agree that the negativity is over the top. Sheesh, two losses in a row and it's tank time? Come on.

It's October and people are talking lottery pick? I thought this site was above that garbage.

Maybe Timo will get banned from HI/O. Too many posters, that's the issue, there's only 25-50 regulars here, and if you post five negative posts in a row, there's no where to hide the suckitude.

Well that was an exhibition of defensive ineptitude. Wow. The system is fun to watch, but with our defense, the forwards need to cover better. Our defense really sucks. Soff. Haha. I have a feeling we will be in for a bit of a roller coaster until Emelin and Murray return. I mean where we're the hits? I see that with his system, Therrien wants speed and puck pursuit. It is tougher to do this when you are out of position from a hit, but this was an over the top soff game. PK Subban is the most exciting defenseman that I have ever seen. He may not be the best I've ever seen ever, but holy crap that guy is fun to watch. His athleticism is superior to any defenseman in the league. It is unbelievable. How can those cbc losers not be drooling over this guy. It is so awesome having a true elite player on this team. At 40 years old, I can tell you that I haven't seen to many.

It's October and people are talking lottery pick? I thought this site was above that garbage.

Sadly, it doesn't seem that way. I watched the game. Great start... lull in the middle...Oilers buried their changes we didn't...Price was merely ordinary. I for one was impressed by the way the guys pressed at the end for a goal even as time was running out. If they can harness that drive for a full 60 minutes good things will happen.

With two rookie forwards (although I was impressed by both) and a rookie on D, and over all a very young team-- some inconsistency is inevitable.

We have not even finished an 1/8 of the season and people are writing the the team off?! Give me a break. Have some faith. This is a good, young developing team-- even when blowing a two goal lead leaves us pissed off and frustrated.

HW used to be all about discussion and analysis not ridiculous moaning about how the team sucks after two close losses. I swear some people would complain if we went 76-6-- about the lack of effort in the six losses.

• Upvote 1

Just found out that Eller made a comment to the media this morning that Edmonton is "like a junior team"

Dallas Eakins thanked Eller in his end-of-game presser.

No kidding. Shut your mouth, Lars.

But really? If you need to get your motivation out of a comment like that, then there is seriously something wrong with your team.

Lots of talk about injuries costing us. Seems to me that for the last 2 seasons (about to be three) we have had a high number of injuries. Do any of you know if our injury rate is above average for the league? And if it is, is it just bad luck or are our guys not conditioned as well as other teams?

Of course it's entirely possible that every team has the same amount (or more) injuries than us and it only seems the hockey gods crap on us because the habs are my team, but it sure seems the hockey gods are bruins fans to me.

Yes that's the way I feel.

And honestly I'd actually prefer 16th to 8th.

I'm not predicting one. I just hope for one over middle of the pack garbage.

There's absolutely zero chance that we're in contention for 16th. People calling for tanking are not only nuts but as fickle as reeds.

• Upvote 1

I hate to be that guy but there were so many calls missed that would have allowed Montreal to put this game way too far for the Oilers to catch up.

Also, Eller was exactly right when he said they played like a junior team. Edmonton has no defend so they play an all out attack. It is what he said. People never actually read what players say, only the one line blurb.

Nobody enjoys seeing a good team lose a game they should have won. Not the definition of a champion. Hopefully we see a concerted effort next game to stop sleeping in the second.

Well that was an exhibition of defensive ineptitude. Wow. The system is fun to watch, but with our defense, the forwards need to cover better. Our defense really sucks. Soff. Haha. I have a feeling we will be in for a bit of a roller coaster until Emelin and Murray return. I mean where we're the hits? I see that with his system, Therrien wants speed and puck pursuit. It is tougher to do this when you are out of position from a hit, but this was an over the top soff game. PK Subban is the most exciting defenseman that I have ever seen. He may not be the best I've ever seen ever, but holy crap that guy is fun to watch. His athleticism is superior to any defenseman in the league. It is unbelievable. How can those cbc losers not be drooling over this guy. It is so awesome having a true elite player on this team. At 40 years old, I can tell you that I haven't seen to many.

The kid line is the worst at this. All three of them get down low in the zone, but perform low percentage plays that go the other way in odd man rushes. If I'm Therrien, I'm schooling them in the cycle game, not every goal comes off the rush, and if they don't have a shot, they should be turning it back to the defense.

Guest Stogey24

The kid line is the worst at this. All three of them get down low in the zone, but perform low percentage plays that go the other way in odd man rushes. If I'm Therrien, I'm schooling them in the cycle game, not every goal comes off the rush, and if they don't have a shot, they should be turning it back to the defense.

Yup, look how many goals Subban has from point shots. The team needs to slow things down in the offensive zone every once and a while. Let Subban and Markov put some bombs on net.

To add to that; there was also ton of missed calls. Montreal should have had more chances on the PP.

Who knows maybe Briere goes perma IR like Pronger.

Or come back and score 6 goals in his first 4 games and everyone is like "Wow, what a great signing he is."

About only 1/8th of the season has passed. Let's not forget that.

Just found out that Eller made a comment to the media this morning that Edmonton is "like a junior team"

Dallas Eakins thanked Eller in his end-of-game presser.

No kidding. Shut your mouth, Lars.

Dallas Eakins should do more coaching then shit-talking in his end-of-game presser. He responded with a 'slight' by Eller, by then insulting Eller, real high road coach.

We as fans bemoan the Sidney Crosbys of the world with their cliché that when a player speaks the truth we're all like.."dont give them motivation", really as someone mentioned earlier, if you NEED motivation to play this game, then just retire.

Dallas Eakins should do more coaching then shit-talking in his end-of-game presser. He responded with a 'slight' by Eller, by then insulting Eller, real high road coach.

We as fans bemoan the Sidney Crosbys of the world with their cliché that when a player speaks the truth we're all like.."dont give them motivation", really as someone mentioned earlier, if you NEED motivation to play this game, then just retire.

He's going to get fired in a year. A team that needs to learn the NHL game isn't going to learn it from a minor league coach. That franchise has serious issues.

And because he is a proven winner.

Remember, Kevin Lowe is qualified to run the Edmonton Oilers due to his Stanley Cup rings as a hockey player.

And because he is a proven winner.

Which he isn't. The Oilers have been an embarrassing club with one lucky run to the Stanley Cup finals on the back of Chris Pronger.

The mistake people make in criticizing Roy (before the season started) was forgetting his time in the QMJHL. Guys like Lowe jumped into executive NHL positions and just intimidate their way into keeping a job.