Habs vs Oilers, Oct. 22 7:30 pm

Neech

Not sure I agree that was a penalty, looked like a battle and a slip by Bourque, but hey, I'll take the goal.

This.

Whew....end of the first. Good start to the game. Hoping they don't let up.

And this.

That last shift was poor by the forwards. Less effort than the rest of the period. Can't stop with a minute left.

That was a nice end to the period. The Habs did a really good job stopping clearing attempts near the end. Gallagher's goal was obvious but Bourque, Desharnais, and Markov (I think, unless it was Desharnais twice) all stopped clearing attempts that eventually led to the penalty that yielded Plekanec's goal.

I love that the officials broke that up with Moen and Gazdic. If you're going to go, go. If you're going to dance around and delay things, you deserve the unsportsmanlike penalty.

Stat of the period? The Habs are over 83% on the draw (against the 6th ranked team in the league).

When did high sticking become an optional penalty. Gally gets it again and the ref is looking right at it... No call.

It is the NHL, so no rhyme, reason nor consistency to officiating, same ol BS as ever.

DD is really pissing me off tonight. Half efforts, lousy passing (supposedly his forté), perimeter play, skating in languid circles, and now a stupid penalty. I think what pisses me off more is the RDS crew desperately *desperately* latching on to anything that could be construed as positive and making sure the viewers know. I mean, he fell - on the puck - and they're saying he did a great job keeping the puck deep.

I mean, seriously.

• Upvote 2

A nice ovation for Roman Hamrlik, recently retired ex-Hab who's in the Bell Centre tonight. :clap:

That Arcobello kid for Edmonton reminds me of Deharnais.....from two seasons ago that is.

Is it me, or does Gionta seem not quite right lately. Tonight he's had 2-3 good opportunities to score but just doesn't seem to put much into it. Maybe those bicep injuries have caused a toll.

• Upvote 1

Is it me, or does Gionta seem not quite right lately. Tonight he's had 2-3 good opportunities to score but just doesn't seem to put much into it. Maybe those bicep injuries have caused a toll.

I'm hesitant to criticize him too much at this point. When he came back to the team in Winnipeg, he said his son was doing a bit better, suggesting he's still sick. I could see that affecting him a bit.