When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

I agree he failed in a big way not getting Phil.

My criticism of Bergevin has always been that he did nothing, last summer, to get a gamebreaker when this team had a glaring need for one after the loss to Tampa.

Where I've defended Therrien is for not throwing good assets away to try to save the season when Price went down. But I've always said that last summer was the time to add a gamebreaking forward.

If he doesn't do it this summer, he'll have lost my faith.

I agree he failed in a big way not getting Phil.

My criticism of Bergevin has always been that he did nothing, last summer, to get a gamebreaker when this team had a glaring need for one after the loss to Tampa.

Where I've defended Therrien is for not throwing good assets away to try to save the season when Price went down. But I've always said that last summer was the time to add a gamebreaking forward.

If he doesn't do it this summer, he'll have lost my faith.

I'll agree with that. My thing has been that this season is make or break. He's out of time and needs to add the missing pieces if his legacy is to be more than a failure. We've waited long enough - pas d'excuses.

Well...is it fair, then, to say that Bergevin dropped the ball in a big way by NOT acquiring Kessel? He had a team with a glaring need for a scoring winger. One of the league's best scoring wingers comes on the market, and - poof, he does nothing.

I don't agree with those who attack MB just because he's 'failed to make his mark' on the team, as though the point of GMing is to make change for the sake of your own ego. But to attack him because he's failed to go all-out to fix the team's biggest weakness, when the opportunity is realistically there - that seems reasonable to me.

So Habs and Leafs just about had a deal made did they? Which would be odd, as they do not trade with each other very often and eat part of salary to help out the Habs.

Your realistically is different than mine, but I don't know what discussions went on between Bergevin and Shanahan.

So Habs and Leafs just about had a deal made did they? Which would be odd, as they do not trade with each other very often and eat part of salary to help out the Habs.

Your realistically is different than mine, but I don't know what discussions went on between Bergevin and Shanahan.

Bob McKenzie and TSN said he had an eight team list he could be traded to: Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. He didn't see Montreal being a good trading partner for Toronto for Kessel. A reporter at Sports Illustrated was sure that Montreal and Minnesota were the potential targets for Kessel. When Toronto did trade him, many were surprised Toronto would keep salary back, and if so, why the package for Kessel was so low to do it. It's possible Toronto really liked Kasperi Kapanen and was willing to keep some cap back so Pittsburgh included him.

At the time the Canadiens equivalent would have been Scherbak, Tinordi, Eller with conditional first and third round picks for Kessel, Biggs, Erixon and a conditional second.

Bob McKenzie and TSN said he had an eight team list he could be traded to: Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. He didn't see Montreal being a good trading partner for Toronto for Kessel. A reporter at Sports Illustrated was sure that Montreal and Minnesota were the potential targets for Kessel. When Toronto did trade him, many were surprised Toronto would keep salary back, and if so, why the package for Kessel was so low to do it. It's possible Toronto really liked Kasperi Kapanen and was willing to keep some cap back so Pittsburgh included him.

At the time the Canadiens equivalent would have been Scherbak, Tinordi, Eller with conditional first and third round picks for Kessel, Biggs, Erixon and a conditional second.

I kinda thought Kessel was a talented bum. But perhaps that's just because when it comes to judging players, I'm a talentless bum. :blush:

• Upvote 1

Shake the face of the team, Laraque? Enough to save MT? Trade Plexiglass and sign Backes and Okposo (and whatever wiggling needed to stay under the cap).

With Captain Kirk, that's a Cup guarantee. Or as close as you can get barring injury.

Shake the face of the team, Laraque? Enough to save MT? Trade Plexiglass and sign Backes and Okposo (and whatever wiggling needed to stay under the cap).

With Captain Kirk, that's a Cup guarantee. Or as close as you can get barring injury.

Yo man, you may have a point.

i'd stay away from Backes he seems to be hitting the start of his decline in production, will be a veteran leader hitting 40 points kinda guy in no time. If you are going to trade Pleks away for some picks then go with Okposo and Lucic and follow the same plan.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Lucic - Eller - Okposo

top 6 looks pretty good to me, a guy can dream right?

i'd stay away from Backes he seems to be hitting the start of his decline in production, will be a veteran leader hitting 40 points kinda guy in no time. If you are going to trade Pleks away for some picks then go with Okposo and Lucic and follow the same plan.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Lucic - Eller - Okposo

top 6 looks pretty good to me, a guy can dream right?

Lucic ain't coming here.

All will be ok KM will get the power play back track, Price will be back in nets and MT will look like a hero and keep his job for another year

sucks to be us

Yes, I too will hate to watch this team win games and contend next year. Worst case scenario: we might even win the cup. Sucks to be us indeed.

Lucic ain't coming here.

good

All will be ok KM will get the power play back track, Price will be back in nets and MT will look like a hero and keep his job for another year

sucks to be us

Quite a post buddy, make sense if you were a closet Leaf fan maybe?

The "you might be a Leafs fan" stuff is dumb when nobody hates the Montreal Canadiens more than Montreal Canadiens fans.

You might be a Toronto Maple Leafs fan if you only half care.

Cant disagree.

never said I hate the Habs, they suck from time to time like all sports teams. So we just traded one of our best players in PK but we are keeping the leagues worst coach great job MB why don't you just trade price at the same time

Edited by kickass528

This entire management group cannot be fired fast enough for me. Then again, I may abandon the Habs after 40 years of cheering for them, so perhaps it won't matter to me when it happens.

This entire management group cannot be fired fast enough for me. Then again, I may abandon the Habs after 40 years of cheering for them, so perhaps it won't matter to me when it happens.

I'll always be a habs fan, but my interest is almost nil.

Are you serious? Many non habfans actually see the Habs getting better deal.

It isn't as one-sided in Nashville's favour as you seem to think.

(of course Subban could run off 5 Norris trophies in a row, but, so be it gotta take a big risk sometimes don't ya?)

It's hard to get excited for the season to come, and if MB doesn't add a 25+ goalscoring winger, I suspect I will not bother to watch many games. Therrien's boring craptastic system was hard to watch even with PK injecting some moments of excitement...without those, why bother?

(of course Subban could run off 5 Norris trophies in a row, but, so be it gotta take a big risk sometimes don't ya?)

This is Savard for Chelios all over again, buddy.

This management group just revealed itself to be locked into a hide-bound, unimaginative, 'old guard' thinking that only wants players to be robots. Weber is a good boy. Sure, he's a sh*ttier hockey player and on the decline with a worse contract, but who cares? He doesn't ruffle feathers.

I don't believe in that kind of thinking and have consistently declaimed on this board that it's utter garbage.

This is a bad trade in hockey terms, a bad trade in cap terms, a bad trade in ideological terms, a bad trade in marketing terms, a bad trade in terms of analytics, and a bad trade in terms of winning.

You keep trying to convince yourself that this piece of sh*t deal makes any sense. We just traded out best position player since Guy Lafleur for a declining guy with a horrible contract. Nashville is pissing their pants laughing right now.

We needed to get rid of the idiot behind the bench not the all star den who is going to break out without your favorite coach

This is worse than the savard deal. Weber is better than savars was than. But we are stuck with a 10 year cap hit with a declining asset in a cap hit.

This is Savard for Chelios all over again, buddy.

This management group just revealed itself to be locked into a hide-bound, unimaginative, 'old guard' thinking that only wants players to be robots. Weber is a good boy. Sure, he's a sh*ttier hockey player and on the decline with a worse contract, but who cares? He doesn't ruffle feathers.

I don't believe in that kind of thinking and have consistently declaimed on this board that it's utter garbage.

This is a bad trade in hockey terms, a bad trade in cap terms, a bad trade in ideological terms, a bad trade in marketing terms, a bad trade in terms of analytics, and a bad trade in terms of winning.

You keep trying to convince yourself that this piece of sh*t deal makes any sense. We just traded out best position player since Guy Lafleur for a declining guy with a horrible contract. Nashville is pissing their pants laughing right now.