When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

I sort of agree. I don't think PK is a me first guy. I think he is such a huge personality that it was perceived as a distraction. I wish it would have worked. I will admit though that I don't miss a lot of his antics or the self promotion. Or the constant battles with refs. All that stuff is distracting. And was a little embarrassing. 

On 2/18/2017 at 11:57 AM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If Julien doesn't work out, Bergevin is getting fired. He's out of bold moves.

oh come on now, the haven't rehired AV yet, he still has 1 more coach to go through.:D

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I sort of agree. I don't think PK is a me first guy. I think he is such a huge personality that it was perceived as a distraction. I wish it would have worked. I will admit though that I don't miss a lot of his antics or the self promotion. Or the constant battles with refs. All that stuff is distracting. And was a little embarrassing. 

I loved PK's time as a Hab, I really did. But the key word in your post was embarrassing. There were too many times to count that he did something that was embarrassing. And coming from a geographical area that is saturated with Leaf, Bruin and miscellaneous fans it was alot to deal with. We rode the highs with PK and we also rode the lows with him. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, illWill said:

I loved PK's time as a Hab, I really did. But the key word in your post was embarrassing. There were too many times to count that he did something that was embarrassing. And coming from a geographical area that is saturated with Leaf, Bruin and miscellaneous fans it was alot to deal with. We rode the highs with PK and we also rode the lows with him. 

Ya know you get a guy like PK once in a life time. Yes he has charisma. Yes he is a sparkplug. Of course that is a bad thing:scared:Because in the NHL you can;t have character, you can't have fun.  No he is not a cliche kind of guy, but man you got to admit he was a lot of fun. He made mistakes bit dammit he cared about winning. With him it was all about the habs winning. He always gave his all, but he now plays for another team and while I may miss him,  he is now an enemy.

10 hours ago, illWill said:

I'll take a thousand turnovers and blown tires over Shea Weber not having the foot speed to properly defend. One is an accident. The other is being a limited player. Far too many goals this year scored by players a quicker skater would have stopped or at least interfered with. If Weber's "elite positioning" isn't set, he's Sheldon Souray trying to stop Jason Spezza.

7 hours ago, habs rule said:

Ya know you get a guy like PK once in a life time. Yes he has charisma. Yes he is a sparkplug. Of course that is a bad thing:scared:Because in the NHL you can;t have character, you can't have fun.  No he is not a cliche kind of guy, but man you got to admit he was a lot of fun. He made mistakes bit dammit he cared about winning. With him it was all about the habs winning. He always gave his all, but he now plays for another team and while I may miss him,  he is now an enemy.

I definitely agree he was alot of fun to watch. I've stated a million times I loved having him on the team. His highs were really high and his lows were really low, but either way it was entertaining. It's sort of like having an ex girlfriend who you'd have the most fun with out of anybody, but also who you'd fight with the most. Weber is like the new girlfriend who isn't as fun but you get along great.  

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I'll take a thousand turnovers and blown tires over Shea Weber not having the foot speed to properly defend. One is an accident. The other is being a limited player. Far too many goals this year scored by players a quicker skater would have stopped or at least interfered with. If Weber's "elite positioning" isn't set, he's Sheldon Souray trying to stop Jason Spezza.

A bit of an exaggeration there.

They are two different players, both have their pros and cons. We have a thread with a million pages detailing all of them if you'd like to check it out