When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Yeah, 'regular jocks' sounds about right. I've heard all my life from media types that hockey players are far and away the least arrogant, most agreeable athletes of the four major North American sports, so presumably there's a lot of truth in that. This doesn't make them guys I'd want to hang out with - not being a 'jock' type myself - but that's a different thing.

It's sort of a fun question, which hockey players you'd personally most like to have a beer with, based on what you know about them. Bob Gainey and Ken Dryden would be high on my list. As for the current squad, I'm not sure.

As a 22 year old and what I've seen, my choice would hands down be Gallagher

It's sort of a fun question, which hockey players you'd personally most like to have a beer with, based on what you know about them. Bob Gainey and Ken Dryden would be high on my list. As for the current squad, I'm not sure.

Subban was that guy for me. Currently on the Habs, probably David Desharnais. There's a guy who has technically done nothing wrong only to be vilified by many fans. Would love to see how much he listens into it.

Le Idiot, so I can tell the bastard what I really think of him.

I'd pay money to watch that :thumbs_up:

I dunno about hanging with Price. He definitely seems like an intelligent, reflexive person - much more thoughtful than the average Joe Hockey. What I'd be afraid of is looooooong silences, because he also doesn't come off as the most communicative dude.

My dark horse candidate for a pint is Markov. I'll bet he's quietly hilarious.

What, Therrien pummelling 29?

Bullies like Le idiot are only effective when they are in a position of power. For Le idiot that ranges being a bouncer dealing with drunks, or exerting influence over the careers of players. I'd drop that fat bum like a sack of potatoes.

Bullies like Le idiot are only effective when they are in a position of power. For Le idiot that ranges being a bouncer dealing with drunks, or exerting influence over the careers of players. I'd drop that fat bum like a sack of potatoes.

:lol:

:hammer: Who knows...maybe it wouldn't be uncalled for?

Crankshaft might be interesting fellow to have a beverage or two with. Or Markov I think.

Back in my college years (prob Jan 97'?) I was out one night and bumped into chris Murray and Shayne Corson at Sessions on Cresent. Bought them a beer and we hung out. Murray was a riot. Same character off the ice as he was on. Corson being older and a little more experienced was slightly less talkative but equally nice.

Most of them want to be treated like equals. Koivu was always nice to me when our paths crossed. Not very talkative though. Only one that I would see out often on St Laurent and was an obnoxious prick was Ribeiro. Always had a primadona vibe to him.

I can't imagine he gets fired for until at least December after this Summer. They added in three major pieces and took out the player that's made them tick to the tune of scoring 60% of goals while Subban is on the ice. A sudden coaching change could mean the door for Bergevin at the end of the year.

Guest Stogey24

I can't imagine he gets fired for until at least December after this Summer. They added in three major pieces and took out the player that's made them tick to the tune of scoring 60% of goals while Subban is on the ice. A sudden coaching change could mean the door for Bergevin at the end of the year.

Ya, it's tough to say how things will play out at this point.

He's not going to get fired any time soon. Price is coming back. Therefore, the team is going to win lots of games. In fact, the idiots running the team will probably congratulate themselves for their "brilliant trade" and the cool-headed decision to retain Therrien, on the grounds that the team is doing so well, as opposed to last season with Subban. :monkey: We'll make the playoffs easily and probably go a couple of rounds until we come up against a team like Pittsburgh or TB whose speed will enable them to take advantage of our slow-footed defence (unless Price plays through the roof, in which case anything is possible). And the season will be hailed as a success. Remember, we're run by idiots. That information needs to inform all projection and calculations about the team.

He's not going to get fired any time soon. Price is coming back. Therefore, the team is going to win lots of games. In fact, the idiots running the team will probably congratulate themselves for their "brilliant trade" and the cool-headed decision to retain Therrien, on the grounds that the team is doing so well, as opposed to last season with Subban. :monkey: We'll make the playoffs easily and probably go a couple of rounds until we come up against a team like Pittsburgh or TB whose speed will enable them to take advantage of our slow-footed defence (unless Price plays through the roof, in which case anything is possible). And the season will be hailed as a success. Remember, we're run by idiots. That information needs to inform all projection and calculations about the team.

Thanks for making me change my mind about wanting that book from back to the future which contained all the results from seasons and championship games that had yet to take place.

You have all angles covered and every possible outcome seems to happen as a result of this trade and Carey Price. If Subban had such an impact on the team as has been claimed, then it should actually affect our team and their results in a negative manner.

With Subban on our team, I could have predicted the exact same thing as you have and attributed it to Price as well. Is that not what our fan base did two seasons ago?

Have fun watching Nashville next season, along with the uncertainty of how well they will do. It does seem like it will be a more enjoyable watch for you, full of surprises.

Thanks for making me change my mind about wanting that book from back to the future which contained all the results from seasons and championship games that had yet to take place.

You have all angles covered and every possible outcome seems to happen as a result of this trade and Carey Price. If Subban had such an impact on the team as has been claimed, then it should actually affect our team and their results in a negative manner.

With Subban on our team, I could have predicted the exact same thing as you have and attributed it to Price as well. Is that not what our fan base did two seasons ago?

Have fun watching Nashville next season, along with the uncertainty of how well they will do. It does seem like it will be a more enjoyable watch for you, full of surprises.

You seem to have overlooked the word "PROBABLY" in my post. :rolleyes:

You seem to have overlooked the word "PROBABLY" in my post. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm a very empathetic person so I'm not really attacking the opinion per se. I just feel bad for any fan who feels the same way as you. I know my enjoyment of next season would be fairly mundane if I had the same outlook as the one posted above. I do understand why some would reconsider their fandom though if the thought process is as black and white as yours has been.

For me, Subban or Weber, I'm ecstatic we have Price. The opinion is managing to spin having Price in a fairly negative way as others have in the past, whether that was the intention or not. So what if he is the reason we have success? That does nothing to prove or disprove whether or not we would have been better with Subban rather than with Weber. It is an outside and constant variable which invariably helps the team have success.

While nothing is for sure, I do think we can make the playoffs next season. Once there, anything can happen.

Edit: What I will add is that it seems to me that the main argument is that the trade was bad whether or not the team enjoys success in the future. That's a fair argument if that's your perspective but truthfully, it's not what matters. The trade can be some fans' pet peeve for the next few years while they sulk at the television or refuse to attend a game. The other option is to give it a chance and attempt to enjoy the ride before expressing any overly extreme opinions, positive or negative.

• Upvote 3

Hey, I'm a very empathetic person so I'm not really attacking the opinion per se. I just feel bad for any fan who feels the same way as you. I know my enjoyment of next season would be fairly mundane if I had the same outlook as the one posted above. I do understand why some would reconsider their fandom though if the thought process is as black and white as yours has been.

For me, Subban or Weber, I'm ecstatic we have Price. The opinion is managing to spin having Price in a fairly negative way as others have in the past, whether that was the intention or not. So what if he is the reason we have success? That does nothing to prove or disprove whether or not we would have been better with Subban rather than with Weber. It is an outside and constant variable which invariably helps the team have success.

While nothing is for sure, I do think we can make the playoffs next season. Once there, anything can happen.

Edit: What I will add is that it seems to me that the main argument is that the trade was bad whether or not the team enjoys success in the future. That's a fair argument if that's your perspective but truthfully, it's not what matters. The trade can be some fans' pet peeve for the next few years while they sulk at the television or refuse to attend a game. The other option is to give it a chance and attempt to enjoy the ride before expressing any overly extreme opinions, positive or negative.

Well, you're right. It does suck to have been jolted into realizing that we are run by clowns. That's why I'm so ticked off. And you're equally right, this is going to detract from my enjoyment of the Habs for the forseeable future. That's why I'm so disappointed. I think they made a totally unnecessary, foolish, and major mistake, the best possible outcome of which is that it's a lateral move in the short-term. Now you can say, 'give it a chance,' and obviously I will, in the sense that I'll (probably) still watch a fair number of games - just without the enthusiasm and belief I had before. The difference is that I no longer believe in this management group, because it has revealed itself to prioritize other things than winning (such as being a good Company Man who kisses the coach's ass).

My post offered the prediction that the team will do well. That doesn't change my assessment of management based on what we now know. You can say, wait and see,' but I can't blame any fans who identified the Roy or Turgeon or Chelios trades as disasters from the moment they happened for calling it as they saw it, and reacting accordingly.

You sound like a Leafs or Senators fan willing to accept any level of failure or incompetence or stressing how great one player is like Karlsson or in this case Price.

• Upvote 1

Good post CC. I'm not so clear about the impact the Chelios trade actually had on the outcome of their respective teams but I do hope the Subban trade doesn't have as much of an impact as the Roy trade did. I'd like to say it won't though because Roy could do it on his own and Subban has not proven that he has ever been that player. As much as I loved Subban at the WJC even Eberle had a bigger impact on that team in my opinion.

I dislike the trade but it's not because of the return. I think that's where you have a varying level of hysteria amongst fans. Okay, Weber is older than Subban but I don't believe that the simple fact that we lost Subban in and of itself not has not added into some initial bias when assessing the return for some fans. I'm guilty of it myself so I know it's happening.

You sound like a Leafs or Senators fan willing to accept any level of failure or incompetence or stressing how great one player is like Karlsson or in this case Price.

This Leafs fan comparison thing is silly. I never say this but give me a break. There's no comparison between my fandom and that of Leafs fans who have not won a cup since 67 or Sens fans who have never lifted the cup unless you count their 1927 dynasty.

I've disliked MB's process since the manner in which he handled Semin, which while not that long ago was long before others. I repeat once again that this "level of incompetence" has not crushed our team. Our defensive 6 is not even an area of weakness.