Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
habs rule

When does Therrien get fired?

Recommended Posts

habs rule    392
4 hours ago, DON said:

Dead Horse alert!!!:tumbleweed:

This horse won't never die cause the basis of the policy is stupid. If we just let it lie then Molson can carry on with a stupid policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, habs rule said:

This horse won't never die cause the basis of the policy is stupid. If we just let it lie then Molson can carry on with a stupid policy.

 

Well, it won't be grumbling by Anglo fans that makes any difference...when a critical mass of francophone fans start criticizing the policy, then we'll see a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habs rule    392

Habs fans who want to win a cup could care less what language the coach speaks. TRUE FANS WANT A CUP. dammit

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revvvrob    34

I wonder if MB would consider doing a Gauthier and trade MT during the game ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXx..CK..xXx    137
9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Well, it won't be grumbling by Anglo fans that makes any difference...when a critical mass of francophone fans start criticizing the policy, then we'll see a change.

All I know is that as a bilingual Anglo, I wouldn't be listening to any more coach post game press conferences just as a result of it being conducted by a purely English speaking individual. I'm not here to argue about the policy, bu I would certainly be surprised if a lot of francophones out there actually really do care. If they do, it's certainly based more on their principles, rather than actually wanting to hear what the coach has to say in their native tongue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zumpano21    40

Ceiling fan is warming up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kickass528    6

Habs rule now that is a true statement in my book the Habs record do not reflect the way they have played to many games they won when they should have lost. MT time to go and take your shit ass system . Don get your suit  and tie ready

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KoRP    154

Starting to smell like Habs Rule's thread will end soon, a lot of speculation in all media about MT getting jettisoned...

 

My worry is they don't fire him, and they trade Chucky, it's obvious MT doesn't like him, and it's obvious that Danault shouldn't be the #1 center, obvious to everyone but MT. Big problem with coach if he can't see that making Chucky the C for Rad and Patch is better than his ideas of late.

 

I've been an MT supporter, but I feel the team slipping, and I know how could they can be when they play hard, but 10 minutes of "play hard" won't win games, and that's about all they have had the last 10 games or so, 10 minutes of good hockey.

 

After the break it's tick tock for MT...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

All I know is that as a bilingual Anglo, I wouldn't be listening to any more coach post game press conferences just as a result of it being conducted by a purely English speaking individual. I'm not here to argue about the policy, bu I would certainly be surprised if a lot of francophones out there actually really do care. If they do, it's certainly based more on their principles, rather than actually wanting to hear what the coach has to say in their native tongue.

 

 

I hear what you're saying, but should hearing a series of platitudes in one language or the other be the basis for management hires? Therrien could say "we had a tough night, we didn't get the bounces" in Swahili or Afrikaans and it wouldn't impact how I view the team. It's not as if the entire media apparatus is going to change to English only....

 

I will say that the coaching issue is largely a scapegoat. I don't think anybody can argue that a little less French would have brought a Cup to Montreal in the past 25 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should have been fired 14 months ago and every day he continues to hold his job is a mistake. IMO. He seems to have no problem winning out of the gate but has no idea of how to conform as other teams figure out his system. I wish it was not the case because I like the guy, but he has to be released and the sooner the better. Let Kirk take over. Yes  know he doesn't speak French.... Whatever. Not sure if I would expect better results with Jullien. We need a change behind the bench and we need to bring in 1 or 2 more top tier players if we are going to make a run this year. If we aren't making a run then MB is a fool for bringing in Weber. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
illWill    398

FPCt1nJ.jpg

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KoRP said:

Starting to smell like Habs Rule's thread will end soon, a lot of speculation in all media about MT getting jettisoned...

 

My worry is they don't fire him, and they trade Chucky, it's obvious MT doesn't like him, and it's obvious that Danault shouldn't be the #1 center, obvious to everyone but MT. Big problem with coach if he can't see that making Chucky the C for Rad and Patch is better than his ideas of late.

 

I've been an MT supporter, but I feel the team slipping, and I know how could they can be when they play hard, but 10 minutes of "play hard" won't win games, and that's about all they have had the last 10 games or so, 10 minutes of good hockey.

 

After the break it's tick tock for MT...

 

Your concerns are legit. We already traded one core piece, and shortened our Cup window significantly as a result, in order to please Therrien. There is ZERO reason to repeat the pattern in defence of a coach who has never won a damn thing at this level, and, while solid, is the furthest thing from irreplaceable. Asinine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, illWill said:

FPCt1nJ.jpg

 

 

 

:lol: 

 

Actually, a very strong, Cup-winning coach is presently available. Muller would also represent an obvious choice, likely to be acceptable to the fan base if he is sadded with a French 'associate'  coach. It's a damn small list but, more importantly, there's good men on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    24
3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

:lol: 

 

Actually, a very strong, Cup-winning coach is presently available. Muller would also represent an obvious choice, likely to be acceptable to the fan base if he is sadded with a French 'associate'  coach. It's a damn small list but, more importantly, there's good men on it.

I think maybe better to fire Waite first, going on  2 months of crap goaltending isn't it.:spamafote:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DON said:

I think maybe better to fire Waite first, going on  2 months of crap goaltending isn't it.:spamafote:

 

Firing Waite would be idiotic, of course. But if the problem is just goaltending, well, there's nothing for it but to wait for Price to recover. No trades nor firings, then.  Unless, of course, part of Price's problem IS Therrien.  In which case MT should be out on his fat ass ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    24
18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Firing Waite would be idiotic, of course. But if the problem is just goaltending, well, there's nothing for it but to wait for Price to recover. No trades nor firings, then.  Unless, of course, part of Price's problem IS Therrien.  In which case MT should be out on his fat ass ASAP.

Blaming head coach for a goalies play? That seems odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point Bergevin needs to realize it's the team that's #1, not Michel Therrien. The loyalty to Therrien after a season and a half in the wrong direction (and a 3-0 series deficit in the 2nd round 2014-2016) is calling Bergevin's credibility into question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeLassister    272

About a week ago, during a game,  Marc Denis (color guy for RDS), asked questions to Kirk Muller in English.

Muller answered in French to one of those questions.

 

Just sayin'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

At some point Bergevin needs to realize it's the team that's #1, not Michel Therrien. The loyalty to Therrien after a season and a half in the wrong direction (and a 3-0 series deficit in the 2nd round 2014-2016) is calling Bergevin's credibility into question.

 

:thumbs_up: No other franchise would keep standing by a coach who has never won anything, while burning season after season. Like I say, give him three more games, then hit EJECT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was an unquestionably great coach available (there isn't) all they would have to say is they will learn to speak the language of the fans and they will be forgiven for not being fluent. Quebec wants an effort. There was hardly a peep on Bob Gainey's rough French because he showed effort.

 

Muller is now showing an effort. He would be accepted by the media in that effort.

 

As for if Therrien will be fired? I highly doubt it. Bergevin is all in not just with Michel but all of the guys he brought in. If Molson fired him from above Bergevin, I bet Bergevin would resign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sbhatt    23
24 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 If Molson fired him from above Bergevin, I bet Bergevin would resign.

 

 

Then so be it.  Bergevin has failed to deliver a few key pieces to this team, and has a few bad moves under his belt (Deshnarnais re-signing, overpaying Plex, Shaw)...he's not exactly an irreplaceable gem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

 

 

Then so be it.  Bergevin has failed to deliver a few key pieces to this team, and has a few bad moves under his belt (Deshnarnais re-signing, overpaying Plex, Shaw)...he's not exactly an irreplaceable gem.

 

This is not normal.  Normally a GM outlasts a couple of coaches before his firing is contemplated. The problem here is the suspicion that our GM has a baffling allegiance to a coach who is nothing special. Bergevin had done nothing to warrant firing IMHO, but at some point he has to be prepared to kick MT's ass out of the foxhole. That's just the way it is in professional sport - can MB really believe that he and Therrien are the exception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    24
14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

This is not normal.  Normally a GM outlasts a couple of coaches before his firing is contemplated. The problem here is the suspicion that our GM has a baffling allegiance to a coach who is nothing special. Bergevin had done nothing to warrant firing IMHO, but at some point he has to be prepared to kick MT's ass out of the foxhole. That's just the way it is in professional sport - can MB really believe that he and Therrien are the exception?

You do realize Bergevin has been employed around NHL for almost 35years and likely has a bit more insight into hirings/firings than any of us armchair GMs. And I doubt any HabFan would say Habs would of won cup in 13-14-15 or 16 if only had a different coach.

 

I would point to fact that ZERO Hab forwards have played at All Star game for years now, as glaring weakness

Edited by DON
add stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DON said:

You do realize Bergevin has been employed around NHL for almost 35years and likely has a bit more insight into hirings/firings than any of us armchair GMs. And I doubt any HabFan would say Habs would of won cup in 13-14-15 or 16 if only had a different coach.

 

I would point to fact that ZERO Hab forwards have played at All Star game for years now, as glaring weakness

 

I believed then, 2014-2015, and believed now that the Habs could have won with a better deadline or aggressive trade.

 

Subban was up for the Norris, Pacioretty finished high in the Selke, and Carey Price won the rest of the awards. Therrien peaked. Plekanec and Desharnais were still a useful players and the PK haters were still debating whether Markov was better than him. The entire team was healthy. They got 110 points "on the backs of Carey Price." Scoring was an issue.

 

At the deadline, Bergevin brought in Jeff Petry to play on the league's stingiest defense, tinkered with the fourth line, and they couldn't score in the playoffs. That was when this iteration of the Habs peaked. What they have now is half a rebuild and the results are mixed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×